Tour Event 2021 Ryder Cup

The salt attached to this tweet is absolutely spectacular.

watching the live coverage the commentators (gannon iirc) immediately called this out as possibly going too far. they liked it when jt did it. they liked it when lowry got on board. but they felt bryson took it too far. i thought it was fine.

watching the live coverage the commentators (gannon iirc) immediately called this out as possibly going too far. they liked it when jt did it. they liked it when lowry got on board. but they felt bryson took it too far. i thought it was fine.
Shocked that Bryson was viewed differently by media. 😂

People are soft.

Pretty much.

81309250.jpg

I would probably pay extra at this point for golf coverage with only the players mic'ed and no commentary.

Them is Fighting' Words!

oh f*** off. it’s THE BEST look. like when paul casey got up in the crowd and started singing and dancing with the euro fans. golf NEEDS more personality like this. and kudos to the euros who are still smiling and having fun at this exhibition event despite getting their a$$e$ kicked. lowry is having a ball. casey is all smiles. sergio has been pretty great imho.

I would probably pay extra at this point for golf coverage with only the players mic'ed and no commentary.

that would be freaking amazing. my youngest was playing while i was watching golf and he said “daddy i would watch more golf with you but those guys never stop talking”

he isn’t wrong lol

that would be freaking amazing. my youngest was playing while i was watching golf and he said “daddy i would watch more golf with you but those guys never stop talking”

he isn’t wrong lol
It was great when no fans were present, because I wasn't missing the cheers (which are fun).

Captain Harrington actually credited the Wisconsin fans for their decorum in his presser after yesterday's afternoon matches.

Frankly, I think blame belongs on legalization of "real time" betting. Fans now have motivation to insert themselves (or pay someone else) to attempt to influence outcomes. And, golf is the hardest hit given the proximity of fans to players, and the traditional quiet requested during a player's shot.

Rule 2396 why Golf Twitter is a cess pool of contradiction.

oh f*** off. it’s THE BEST look. like when paul casey got up in the crowd and started singing and dancing with the euro fans. golf NEEDS more personality like this. and kudos to the euros who are still smiling and having fun at this exhibition event despite getting their a$$e$ kicked. lowry is having a ball. casey is all smiles. sergio has been pretty great imho.
I will make the concession that it MIIIIGHT be a touch inappropriate being that it's alcohol, but I don't have the video of him throwing beer up there to say whether it even happened... Also I hear it was Mich Ultra, which is barely beer. If anything, drinking that would slow someone down.

I will make the concession that it MIIIIGHT be a touch inappropriate being that it's alcohol, but I don't have the video of him throwing beer up there to say whether it even happened... Also I hear it was Mich Ultra, which is barely beer. If anything, drinking that would slow someone down.

i don’t think he’s throwing beers to kids. i love it. keep it fun.

The salt attached to this tweet is absolutely spectacular.

It’s kind of funny to because Bryson putter is much longer than average. I wish there was someone with a broom handle out there that did that?

In Wisconsin bar menus, Michelob Ultra is listed in the same section as O'Douls and Shirley Temples and Nada-Ritas.

i don’t think he’s throwing beers to kids. i love it. keep it fun.
I don't personally have an issue with it, but I can definitely see where the line is drawn in the sand by some/many there.

I'd also be curious to know whether there's anything in the guidelines for the players about that. Seems like a slippery slope with not ID'ing people etc

It’s kind of funny to because Bryson putter is much longer than average. I wish there was someone with a broom handle out there that did that?
You should like half of the responses in that twitter thread :ROFLMAO:

Don't be hating on Mich Ultra

Love,

Brooksy(The Real One)

i know it is probably harder than it looks but it looks damn easy. I don’t understand why we have people that are so un-interesting and terrible at it.

then again. I can’t stand Terrico or Joe buck either. Also, I can’t stand all the side sob stories golf is always trying to tell.

what if in the middle of a Yankees red socks game they took 15 min away from the game to tell you the story of how babe Ruth became a yankee? Every time they played? That is what golf does. It’s stupid.

Last edited:
You should like half of the responses in that twitter thread :ROFLMAO:

i don’t mind that he did it. I am totally ok with it. I just think it is kinda funny.

i don’t mind that he did it. I am totally ok with it. I just think it is kinda funny.
I think it's hilarious.

That, and, it doesn't bother the Euro players to see him do it - as they are making him putt it for that very reason, to aggravate. They should be thrilled to see him do that.

People are so whiny about this stuff, it blows my mind. It’s gamesmanship and competition. Why are so many so afraid to be passionate nowadays?
It's passion if you are a crowd and media favorite, being salty, whiny, poor sport if you are not. Media creating the narrative.

I think it's hilarious.

That, and, it doesn't bother the Euro players to see him do it - as they are making him putt it for that very reason, to aggravate. They should be thrilled to see him do that.

i agree. I am totally ok with some chippy’ness. As long as it stays respectful. This did not cross any lines for me.. love it. Love that they made him putt it.. I have throughly enjoyed the Ryder cup thus far..

I think the US will win obviously but I like the Euros lineup today. I think they take the day but it won’t be enough

Back