2022/2023 Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more annoyed that they changed the rules on when charges would be reviewed and decided after they charged City but before they formerly charged us so they could make the example of us. & now City won't see any verdict till 2025? Not sure how much more corrupt they want to openly show but it's incredibly blatant.
Tbh you're lucky they did it this season, because any other season it would have been certain relegation.

Ultimately your club spent hundreds of millions on shite and never even tried to balance the books, so I don't really have much sympathy.

Tbh you're lucky they did it this season, because any other season it would have been certain relegation.

Ultimately your club spent hundreds of millions on shite and never even tried to balance the books, so I don't really have much sympathy.
Sympathy or not, it's a bit extreme to deduct 10 points for a 1 year loss of less than £20m when we're building a new stadium & lost a major source of funds thanks to sanctions.

I'm not disagreeing that the club has made some stupid money moves, and are not doing much about it except trying to sell, but to railroad that decision in as fast as they did is rough & sets a precedent for other charges for other clubs.

Sympathy or not, it's a bit extreme to deduct 10 points for a 1 year loss of less than £20m when we're building a new stadium & lost a major source of funds thanks to sanctions.

I'm not disagreeing that the club has made some stupid money moves, and are not doing much about it except trying to sell, but to railroad that decision in as fast as they did is rough & sets a precedent for other charges for other clubs.

As an outsider (Villa fan) what makes it's worse is how other clubs, not mentioning names, breach regulations numerous times and get no penalty for it.

Whilst I agree with FFP it has also made it extremely difficult for teams to catch up with City & Chelsea (until now) who managed to massively fund themselves when no there was no FFP in place. Not sure what the solution to that is but still a gripe of mine.

As an outsider (Villa fan) what makes it's worse is how other clubs, not mentioning names, breach regulations numerous times and get no penalty for it.

Whilst I agree with FFP it has also made it extremely difficult for teams to catch up with City & Chelsea (until now) who managed to massively fund themselves when no there was no FFP in place. Not sure what the solution to that is but still a gripe of mine.
The rules seem to be designed so no one can truly compete with the top 4. They claim 'sustainability ' but if you have a sovereign wealth fund as your main source, pretty sure a country can sustain that.

Also, I feel we will see more charges, points deductions and the like for smaller clubs from offenses that span a decade ago, as we have seen recently. No club is safe unless you're City

Does this encompass MLS too?

london football GIF by Arsenal

Does this encompass MLS too?
Correct, not a true golf fan. Unless Tiger is playing television numbers for each tournament remain about the same, which is 2 to 3 million viewers, year after year. Spectators tune in to watch the play at Waialae or Pebble Beach or Riviera or Harbour Town or Doral etc...
A player becomes a recognizable name because he earns a Tour card and performs well, wins some tournaments, makes a Ryder Cup roster etc... The only way this process can continue is if emerging players are given the opportunity to play, and that comes from full field 132 to 156 player events.

@MWard did you lock the wrong soccer thread? I know soccer isn't the most popular thread, but do we have to live in last year?

Does soccer have salary caps like the NFL or NBA?

Do all clubs share all revenues equally?

I ask because my very small understanding of FFP...spending being tied to revenues is fine and all, assuming all teams generate/share revenues equally. But if they keep and generate their own income streams then the big market clubs will always have more money to spend than others.

Does soccer have salary caps like the NFL or NBA?

Do all clubs share all revenues equally?

I ask because my very small understanding of FFP...spending being tied to revenues is fine and all, assuming all teams generate/share revenues equally. But if they keep and generate their own income streams then the big market clubs will always have more money to spend than others.
Depends on the league.

There are profitability rules in Europe. In the English Premier League payouts are by place. There's a massive incentive to finish 8th versus 14th.

Depends on the league.

There are profitability rules in Europe. In the English Premier League payouts are by place. There's a massive incentive to finish 8th versus 14th.
Try 18th vs 17th, lawyers threaten to get involved 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back