2022 Cobra Golf KING Forged Tec and Forged TEC X Irons

I went ahead, bit the bullet, and ordered a set of Cobra King Forged Tec One Lengths. 6-GW with Recoil 95 F3 shafts, and Jumbo UL grips. Oddly, I priced them on Cobra's website at just over $1500. Ended up ordering through Global Golf for just under $1050. Weird difference. No idea when I'll receive them, but they estimated 2-8 weeks.

I went ahead, bit the bullet, and ordered a set of Cobra King Forged Tec One Lengths. 6-GW with Recoil 95 F3 shafts, and Jumbo UL grips. Oddly, I priced them on Cobra's website at just over $1500. Ended up ordering through Global Golf for just under $1050. Weird difference. No idea when I'll receive them, but they estimated 2-8 weeks.
Nice one. Going full Bryson with the jumbo grips.

What length, stock 7i?

Yes, I decided to stick with stock length. I was fit several years ago with +1/4 shafts in VL, but thought standard 7 iron length would be best for me in OL. Ordered them 1° flat, standard loft.

I thought I'd give the Jumbos a chance (as you said, full on Bryson). Worse case, I pull them off and regrip with standard.

I have a set of Forged Tec X in the cart. Just trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger.

I have a set of Forged Tec X in the cart. Just trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger.
If they could help me hit the shots that I did and you witnessed it, what’s the hold up?

If they could help me hit the shots that I did and you witnessed it, what’s the hold up?
My wallet being mad after already being abused for Christmas.😆

My wallet being mad after already being abused for Christmas.😆
Just apologize after the purchase and do something nice for your wallet. That’s my strategy with the wife and it works 60% of the time 😂

I almost jumped on a set of one length forged tecs yesterday just to swing in the garage this winter...I'm glad I thought about it for a second because I don't really need irons...then poof out of stock for the gently used set

I almost jumped on a set of one length forged tecs yesterday just to swing in the garage this winter...I'm glad I thought about it for a second because I don't really need irons...then poof out of stock for the gently used set
That's the universe telling you to buy a new set. :ROFLMAO:

I like it. Was about to respond to your prior post a few days back to jump for for it.

What drove your choice to jump back into OL this time?

I like it. Was about to respond to your prior post a few days back to jump for for it.

What drove your choice to jump back into OL this time?
I'm not sure really. Been considering for about a year. While I've been generally happy with my Mizunos, I just haven't been as consistent as I'd like. I'm hoping a return to OL will help. The fact that I love the looks of the FTs might have also had something to do with it.

The fact that I love the looks of the FTs might have also had something to do with it.
Look good, play good!

Thanks for sharing and can’t wait to hear about them.

I played the previous Forged Tecs for 2 years and then Radspeed OL and now current Forged TECs and have never had a single flyer or jumper. I have had a few that due to spin being down from the rough or moisture took off, but never had some anomaly that was confusing. Im lucky.
Still using the Forged Tec OL?
I'm thinking of getting them fitted for me - currently using Radspeed OL.
As OL, do you see a big improvement between them?
Also, do you know if it's any real improvement between FT 2020 OL and FT 2022 OL?

It's tinker season so I picked up a used FTx 7 iron to see if it would be hot enough to be a "one length 6 iron." Maybe I'm not a discerning enough internet golfer but the FT and FTx look almost identical to me at address. The FTx was only ~half club longer, so I don't think it will be my 6 iron, but I'm tempted to bend it a hair weak and make it my 7 iron.

Hi all….. just ordered a set of the Forged Tec x with the kbs 75 reg graphite shaft, has anyone tried this shaft, as I have always had the recoils or MMT graphite shaft…. Can’t wait to try these out after reading this thread a few times…..
Thanks in advance…..

Could we be getting a new colorway here?
32A621B1-9356-4514-A3DB-72C991DAB5AF.png

Just played a sim round with the FTX, it’s been a while since swinging these and I almost forgot how fun they can be

Just received my irons today…. These things are canon’s., never have I hit the ball as far and as high…. All in an attractive package…… had TM 790’s and these for me seem way better…. Hopefully not just the honeymoon period…. No wonder so many of you rave about them on here…. Now I can see why…….

Just received my irons today…. These things are canon’s., never have I hit the ball as far and as high…. All in an attractive package…… had TM 790’s and these for me seem way better…. Hopefully not just the honeymoon period…. No wonder so many of you rave about them on here…. Now I can see why…….
Welcome to the forum. Excuse me if you posted it, but did you order the standard or X model? What shafts?

Well I guess this thread will be updated by a couple of us on Team Paradise with some new Old Tec reviews.

With my super whacky often ridiculed never ti be duplicated FTx > FT order, perhaps there's some new insights for people.

I'll be getting these out for their maiden round likely Saturday morning, but my initial range session with them was very promising

20230509_185714.jpg

Pretty sure that's the 5i, just ludicrously good feel, launch was amazing, and they seemed to land nice and soft right around the 200yd mark with really crappy range balls

Super excited to get them on the course, more thoughts to follow!

This thread has Throwback Thursday vibes to it.

Back