Tour Event 2022 Farmers Insurance Open

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
From Torrey Pines
Last year's winner was Patrick Reed

Because the NFL rules, the tournament starts Wednesday.

Torrey does little for me, but I do always enjoy this event.

Here’s to hoping Reed doesn’t win again! 😂 Let’s go!

Wednesday to Saturday will definitely be interesting. Not much of a break for the guys that played last week, right back to it.

I always feel like this is the tournament that starts the year....like the views on this course.

I actually love the Saturday final round for this week... no flipping channels on Sunday now.

Golf a day earlier? Yes please!

I agree 100%. I love some of the views, but other than 18, which seems a tad manufactured with the water and carry to the green, it doesn't do it for me. I almost wish they had this "regular format" tourney at Pebble and had the Pro Am at Torrey (but I suppose playing Pebble is a big draw for the Am's).

Love the Wednesday-Saturday finish. I would recommend this for the AmEx if you could get the pros over from Hawaii quickly. I am not sure if there is that substantial loss of gate receipts from Sunday at a January tournament and the commercial money and eyeballs on PRIME TIME on the East coast are a huge draw for $$$. I love watching the Hawaiian tournaments for the prime time coverage and I don't miss as much at work during the week as well because of the later start. I actually watched more of the Champions at Hualalai and the women on early at the Hilton GV than I did of the AmEx.

Can’t wait for this! I played the south course last week and the rough was just as bad as before the US Open. Really looking forward to seeing how the pros play the North which has become my favorite local course this year.

Wednesday start? Well that is cool. Not a huge fan of Torrey Pines, but always find myself watching this one.

As usual a lot of big names in the field: Rahm, JT, X, DJ, Hideki, Bryson, Berger, Burns, Scheffler, Finau, Spieth, just to name a few.

Having played south last year. I will be tuning in! I think the course is amazing love the fact that its sooo vast and pristine! It definitely is cool because of location and the historic moments that have taken place on this course.

I think if it were in other areas, might not have the same allures, but i have fun memories now so I am a Torrey Fan!

Glad I signed up for ESPN+ last week - looking forward to Wednesday Golf!

Always fun to watch this course, especially since I get to play it in April.

This is my first year really committed to following the tour week in week our, am super excited for Torrey Pines!

Should be an awesome time on Wednesday for golf!

I like the Jordan/Rickie/Bryson marquee group, that should be a fun follow. Three completely different games.

cameras on Reed at Torrey again…

I like Torrey, and low key like this tournament more than the Pebble pro-am. No am’s, no try hard celebs, still get those pretty pacific views. Course is kinda fun kinda hard.

I hope Fowler can find some traction

I actually enjoy watching tournaments at Torrey. I've never been, of course, but definitely enjoy the on air views

Will be tuning in to this one!
Hoping Rahm turns it in again!

Back