2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

Think I found a winner with the LA Golf A-Series 65x. Hit 7/8 fairways and averaged 297. Long of the day was smoked at 337. Very straight and penetrating flight.

Ventus TR has potential to give me more distance (when everything is perfect) but found the LA shaft to be more stable and accurate. Hopefully the bag is permanently set now

While its not as fun not tinkering with things, my scores have been consistently lower from committing to my equipment. Everything in my bag has been set for the year minus driver shaft but I think im good to go. Playing Torrey Pines, Aviara, and La Costa this week so it will be a good test to see how everything works
Played both Torrey and Aviara last year, and have played both multiple times. Have fun.

Think I found a winner with the LA Golf A-Series 65x. Hit 7/8 fairways and averaged 297. Long of the day was smoked at 337. Very straight and penetrating flight.

Ventus TR has potential to give me more distance (when everything is perfect) but found the LA shaft to be more stable and accurate. Hopefully the bag is permanently set now

While its not as fun not tinkering with things, my scores have been consistently lower from committing to my equipment. Everything in my bag has been set for the year minus driver shaft but I think im good to go. Playing Torrey Pines, Aviara, and La Costa this week so it will be a good test to see how everything works

Sounds like a killer week ahead! I've played Aviara back in the day on a TaylorMade trip. Fun times. Enjoy!!!!

Played both Torrey and Aviara last year, and have played both multiple times. Have fun.
Sounds like a killer week ahead! I've played Aviara back in the day on a TaylorMade trip. Fun times. Enjoy!!!!
My wife is from SD so whenever we go see her family I try to get out to one of them

Torrey has the nostalgia but I really prefer the layout of Aviara more. Such a beautiful course

@Wildcat4life @radiman etc. There is seriously nothing to it. The gloss comes off insanely easy. I'm serious about the eyelid thing. If you can shave without cutting off an eyelid, you can do this. :LOL:

I am circling back to this. I don't think I will touch my driver. But, I am seriously considering this for the Stealth Plus 3w. I have this mental block where I want to close the face for some reason. When I ground the club it's definitely open. But, once I grip it, I seem to nudge the face closed as I get my grip set. I wonder if the gloss/matte combo is messing with my brain. That and the white line on top of the face. That may be the next thing I try to get rid of.

@OldandStiff this didn’t turn out too awful lol. I could very well be the kind of guy that cuts his eyelids shaving though haha.
I used a 3k grit paper and it was very hard to maneuver around the edges. Couldn’t find anything in the 5k range locally.

It’s not perfect enough for me to do it to the driver. But I’m glad I took the shine out of this 3 wood.

1656463660580.jpeg
1656463681356.jpeg
1656463708363.jpeg

@OldandStiff this didn’t turn out too awful lol. I could very well be the kind of guy that cuts his eyelids shaving though haha.
I used a 3k grit paper and it was very hard to maneuver around the edges. Couldn’t find anything in the 5k range locally.

It’s not perfect enough for me to do it to the driver. But I’m glad I took the shine out of this 3 wood.

View attachment 9100461
View attachment 9100462
View attachment 9100463
It looks good. (y) And having done a couple 3W and hybrids, it's way easier on a driver. You might rethink your hesitancy when you get used to looking down at this. I grab one that isn't dulled out now and I'm like 🤢. Lol

It looks good. (y) And having done a couple 3W and hybrids, it's way easier on a driver. You might rethink your hesitancy when you get used to looking down at this. I grab one that isn't dulled out now and I'm like 🤢. Lol
If I were more happy with the minor details I’d consider it. There has to be something better than just paper. Was really hard to maneuver. Took more pressure than I expected also. I may try to find a different material and go over this again eventually.

But, from address it looks so mean. I liked the gloss white and black from the past two releases. But gloss black and matte black just doesn’t suit my eye. It’s not as prevalent with the driver for some reason.

If I were more happy with the minor details I’d consider it. There has to be something better than just paper. Was really hard to maneuver. Took more pressure than I expected also. I may try to find a different material and go over this again eventually.

But, from address it looks so mean. I liked the gloss white and black from the past two releases. But gloss black and matte black just doesn’t suit my eye. It’s not as prevalent with the driver for some reason.
The foam ones are probably way easier than paper. Trizact automotive foam pads are sold at advanced auto, places like that.

I'm telling ya, that driver gonna shine now. :D

My pro was able to get mine in several weeks earlier than he originally promised via the tour van route. Paid for it, peeled the plastic off, and put it into play this morning. Honey moon phase LOVE! Surprised where I ended up on a few I missed pretty badly and I was coming from a fairly forgiving driver (MAVRIK). Tied my PB at my home course and cashed a couple skins on Day 1. Tournament at another course tomorrow. Can't wait to hit my next drive with it ... intoxicating driver.

Officially joined the club with the Stealth Plus. First round with it was great. Well struck balls went deep. Slightly off center hits did not hurt me either. I had been using the Callaway Rogue Max LS which is a great club but the Stealth just felt a lot better to me. Definitely excited to hit driver again.

I watched @Jman absolutely abuse the golf ball with this head. Maybe the most complete contact I’ve ever seen him have with a driver head.

It’s hard to ignore, even if it’s about construction and his swing over things like ball speed. I was also pleasantly surprised by the sound.

I watched @Jman absolutely abuse the golf ball with this head. Maybe the most complete contact I’ve ever seen him have with a driver head.

It’s hard to ignore, even if it’s about construction and his swing over things like ball speed. I was also pleasantly surprised by the sound.
Happy to hear such good things for James!

Yup. It’s true, and I can’t shake it. No matter what I do, this one keeps on performing for me in crazy ways. And I continue to try to kick it out, but I know I need to just stop.

Yup. It’s true, and I can’t shake it. No matter what I do, this one keeps on performing for me in crazy ways. And I continue to try to kick it out, but I know I need to just stop.
Play what works my guy. And this one works BIG time.

I picked up a second Stealth Plus head. I have both the 9.0 and now the 10.5. Most of my testing has become TM tipped shafts. The next bunch of tester after me all have TM gear so I keep it all TM.
I have an Epic Max and also a Rouge triple diamond. Nether head can match the Stealth for repeatability. I pound a ton of balls shaft testing. The Stealth is the best head going right now. Ball speed and distance is a wash these days with nearly any head. But if you want a head that give a consistent flight yet answers the bell to be worked right or left.. go Stealth. CANT BEAT IT!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Good time to find the thing that's been missing from my driver game the last few rounds while on fairways that really run today. Love the ability to launch this thing or smack a shaped bullet. Got to put on a bit of a variety show. It continues to be forgiving for my strike pattern. My foot slipped a bit on one and I kind of threw my hands out to compensate. Caught it a bit in the heel, and it was still smoking. Just doesn't cost it much speed and they don't spin up that much either. Just love it and have no regrets giving it a shot this year.

Its not Stealth+ fault but ive been all over lately with this thing. Played sunday and used the 300 mini first 2 holes and hit the fairway. Hole 4 pulled out Stealth and hit out of bounds. 300 mini next 2 holes and 2 more fairways. Par 5 on #7 so of course I go with driver... lost in fescue right. #8 "ok I gotta figure this damn thing out"...out of bounds.

300 mini puts me in the fairway again on 10 and 11. Hole 12 pull out the Stealth...338 down the middle. Ok great it works again. Hole 13...lost in fescue. Didnt use it again until par 5 18 and bomb it down the middle again

I already play driver a little shorter at 45" but something with the driver swing/face control is off. I hit it out of the center pretty routinely but for some reason im leaving the face open and lose it right. Every other club including 300 mini have a baby push draw

Admittedly I havent moved the weight track yet to see if that helps bc I try to avoid a left miss but I do have the weight half between center and toe side. For my round tomorrow im really debating strictly using 300 mini off the tee....... but thats just not fun

Its not Stealth+ fault but ive been all over lately with this thing. Played sunday and used the 300 mini first 2 holes and hit the fairway. Hole 4 pulled out Stealth and hit out of bounds. 300 mini next 2 holes and 2 more fairways. Par 5 on #7 so of course I go with driver... lost in fescue right. #8 "ok I gotta figure this damn thing out"...out of bounds.

300 mini puts me in the fairway again on 10 and 11. Hole 12 pull out the Stealth...338 down the middle. Ok great it works again. Hole 13...lost in fescue. Didnt use it again until par 5 18 and bomb it down the middle again

I already play driver a little shorter at 45" but something with the driver swing/face control is off. I hit it out of the center pretty routinely but for some reason im leaving the face open and lose it right. Every other club including 300 mini have a baby push draw

Admittedly I havent moved the weight track yet to see if that helps bc I try to avoid a left miss but I do have the weight half between center and toe side. For my round tomorrow im really debating strictly using 300 mini off the tee....... but thats just not fun
I would humbly suggest moving the weight to the heel. I normally hit a draw and even with the weight moved all the way heel-side, my prevalent ball flight with the Stealth plus is a fade. My one complaint with the driver is that if I am lazy with my swing, I hit a high right push fade. It sounds like we experience something similar. It would be very easy to try moving the weight.

So as of 2 hours ago , l picked up my Stealth hd in 10.5 deg with hzdus smoke red in 60g ….with Gp red and black grip +4 grop.

Had few swings in shop , just to check flight , omg , nothings changed from previous episodes of swinging the demo unit.
Consistent , regular draw shape , all landing within 20 metre dispersion , “ they are fairway finders “
and “ your very efficient with distance v swing speed” comments from fitter

I took it lam going ok , he said you still have some more left in tank also, so 225 metres and some more left, in the depths of winter ….

This is going to be fun when taking into action )

This thing is so good. It's really nice to be a little back towards dialed in with it. 319 average today, 312 yesterdaty, with a couple misses both days, but more importantly able to work it both directions to aggressive positions mostly on command. Both shorter course that I could take the boring routes on, but really pushed it and felt like I got back in a groove with this thing. Had one double cross yesterday, but worked a bunch of great fades/cuts, and still had my draw when I wanted.

The thing I love is the my biggest misses aren't very penal. I had a pretty bad mishit today on #13. Slipped on the tee (they were periodically throwing water on the greens and tees), and hit a real funky pop up off the toe. 291y up the hill. Took me a minute to find it because I wasn't looking that far up. lol

Nearly drove the green on 16 with a real sweet fade, and just generally controlled it well and pounded the ball despite the wind. So much fun and I love the sound of it these days.

Moved the weight heel side. I’m on #14 right now with 5 penalties missing left

Correction… 6 penalties now
DUDE!! Trusted eyes, like immediately if that's me. Or video. Have a buddy film it, get through the round, and take a look at it after. You're suddenly doing something, or reacting to something different. Might jump out at you.

Back