2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

i'll be able to swing a 9* plus in the near future. there aren't many examples of a set up that could be worse for me than a lower lofted super low spinning head for me and my needs, but it will be interesting to get some numbers on my launch pro as well as feedback on looks/sound/feel/flight.
Your thoughts will be fun to read.

My eyes for some reason were drawn to the $599.99 sticker. :D
Add in a custom color and a high end, after market shaft and you can quickly bump that up to around $950.

Add in a custom color and a high end, after market shaft and you can quickly bump that up to around $950.

why stop there? go autoflex or go home.

Thankfully, I'm not in the market for a driver at this time. But, I really like to read everything that people are writing about all the new releases.

Did it just model for you, or did it show you a good time?!?

Tell us about it.

Lol! I was able to take probably twenty swings with it so I got a little taste. I stopped in to buy some grips not expecting them to have it so I went in completely cold, didn't stretch and had some crappy shoes on. These thoughts are all pretty general since it was very out of the blue and quick.

Looks wise it's really nice. The crown is fine but I prefer the old white and gray as I thought that crown was one of the best looking of all time. The shape is fantastic though. Standing over the ball I didn't really notice the red face too much but I didn't put much focus on it either. My knock on the Sim drivers was the shallow face and they really improved that here with it being deeper than the past. Overall they did very well with the look.

Sound/feel wise I was also impressed. Even after watching videos on YouTube I couldn't help but think it would be a really dull, dead sounding driver but I was completely wrong. To me it doesn't sound a whole lot different than the current carbon crown drivers in the market. The feel was great as well, very solid and on good strikes had a nice trampoline feel like I could feel the ball rebounding. I think a lot of people will like it.

Performance wise was tough to tell because of how unprepared I was but it was solid. I was using the Mitsubishi Kai'li shaft in stiff flex. I didn't get screenshots but going off of memory I think my best swings were 104-105mph clubhead speed with 151-152 ball speed. I made no adjustments to the club, it was all stock and I was seeing a hard draw with it. Not surprising since that's my norm so I'm sure a little adjustment would get me in a better flight.

I really like the look of it and the sound/feel is really nice. I didn't hit it against anything else (the new Rogue was supposedly showing up this afternoon) so I can't make any comparisons but I think TaylorMade has a very good product here.

One thing I forgot to mention and this was a knock on the original Sim when I had it for a brief time. On my takeaway the rudder would rub against the turf and "catch" once in awhile. That was something I had to get used to with the Sim and evidently it's the same with this.

Looks wise it's really nice. The crown is fine but I prefer the old white and gray as I thought that crown was one of the best looking of all time. The shape is fantastic though. Standing over the ball I didn't really notice the red face too much but I didn't put much focus on it either. My knock on the Sim drivers was the shallow face and they really improved that here with it being deeper than the past. Overall they did very well with the look.

Sound/feel wise I was also impressed. Even after watching videos on YouTube I couldn't help but think it would be a really dull, dead sounding driver but I was completely wrong. To me it doesn't sound a whole lot different than the current carbon crown drivers in the market. The feel was great as well, very solid and on good strikes had a nice trampoline feel like I could feel the ball rebounding. I think a lot of people will like it.

Awesome! Yeah, I agree on the shape. It looks really good to me. The face is... a face. The face isn't usually the same color as the crown on a driver, and differs among clubs, so I don't think it's going to be as big a deal to people as they think from the pictures. Cool you got to take some swings with it.

sidenote - Have you now learned your lesson on wearing crappy shoes to a golf store?! Don't do that again. Ever. :LOL:

The Stealth Plus has piqued my interest. Not a huge fan of the red face though. I do like that they give you the option to build your own. Personally, I think they should have continued with the SiM2 color scheme and gone with something like this. The blue face looks much better than red imo. View attachment 9057780
That's pretty damn hot right there.

Awesome! Yeah, I agree on the shape. It looks really good to me. The face is... a face. The face isn't usually the same color as the crown on a driver, and differs among clubs, so I don't think it's going to be as big a deal to people as they think from the pictures. Cool you got to take some swings with it.

sidenote - Have you now learned your lesson on wearing crappy shoes to a golf store?! Don't do that again. Ever. :LOL:
Sometimes after a round that I know I'm going to stop at the PGSTSS, I won't take my Spikeless shoes off just for that reason.

It looks like I’m in the minority here, but I’m loving the look of this thing- sounds great on all the online reviews so far. I’m sure I’ll order one soon, because that’s what I do.

Lol! I was able to take probably twenty swings with it so I got a little taste. I stopped in to buy some grips not expecting them to have it so I went in completely cold, didn't stretch and had some crappy shoes on. These thoughts are all pretty general since it was very out of the blue and quick.

Performance wise was tough to tell because of how unprepared I was but it was solid. I was using the Mitsubishi Kai'li shaft in stiff flex. I didn't get screenshots but going off of memory I think my best swings were 104-105mph clubhead speed with 151-152 ball speed. I made no adjustments to the club, it was all stock and I was seeing a hard draw with it. Not surprising since that's my norm so I'm sure a little adjustment would get me in a better flight.

I really like the look of it and the sound/feel is really nice. I didn't hit it against anything else (the new Rogue was supposedly showing up this afternoon) so I can't make any comparisons but I think TaylorMade has a very good product here.
Good feedback here Kev. Thank you for that.

Reactions: KEV
At that price I would only put one in the bag if I gained 20+ yards of carry.

If Carbon Fiber is so great in the driver face......Why didn't they put it in their fairway woods? The Stealth fairways are titanium and steel. Could it be that turf interaction will wear the face quickly if it was carbon fiber?

If Carbon Fiber is so great in the driver face......Why didn't they put it in their fairway woods? The Stealth fairways are titanium and steel. Could it be that turf interaction will wear the face quickly if it was carbon fiber?
It's probably in the works, if it's possible. Fairways have a different geometry, and they have to be more versatile to use off the tee and ground. Considering it took 20 years just to get a driver face, getting the launch conditions just right will probably take time.

having an interesting convo with some buddies. curiosity has gotten the better of me and i’ve watched a lot of testing of the stealth. a trend i feel like i’m seeing is higher club speed without as much resulting ball speed. not slow ball speeds, just not as high smash particularly when hit against another driver in a head to head test.

it seems to be happening so much that it doesn’t make sense that stealth would be giving that much more swing speed. so it got some of us wondering whether the color of the face is giving misreads on monitors. is that even possible?

having an interesting convo with some buddies. curiosity has gotten the better of me and i’ve watched a lot of testing of the stealth. a trend i feel like i’m seeing is higher club speed without as much resulting ball speed. not slow ball speeds, just not as high smash particularly when hit against another driver in a head to head test.

it seems to be happening so much that it doesn’t make sense that stealth would be giving that much more swing speed. so it got some of us wondering whether the color of the face is giving misreads on monitors. is that even possible?
I've noticed that in the videos too. I watched one or two comparison videos to the Sim 2 I believe and the Stealth had higher club head speed but the ball speed was the same or maybe even a little lower than the Sim. I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed it.

if you're only plunking down $600 i hope you enjoy all that made-for shafty goodness. if you want something real deal, you better dig a bit deeper.
I went through their website, they had several no upcharge shafts to choose from including the HZRDUS Blue. I mean they don't put a real Ventus in, but no one else does for less than $200-$300 on top either.

I went through their website, they had several no upcharge shafts to choose from including the HZRDUS Blue. I mean they don't put a real Ventus in, but no one else does for less than $200-$300 on top either.

cobra did, didn’t they?

A Ventus? No.

pretty sure speedzone xtreme pars and stripes came with a real deal ventus blue. and it was only a little bit more than the normal version. maybe $100 more? i don’t recall. i bought and hated that thing lol

Trainers or bust IMO

Back