2023 Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid

Morning putting practice lead to some putting practice with this club. Obviously not its intended use but it works well for long bump and runs. The sole never seems to want to stick into the ground.

Had 2 really good hits with the Superhybrid 2 today.. once off the tee and once off the deck. The more I hit it the more I'm liking it!!

A little love for this club. No matter how bad the swing was today, this seemed to always turn back to target.

It is interesting but I'm seeing different flights on the range versus in the rounds with this. I know my on course swing is often more aggressive and I plan to try out a new shaft soon to see if that changes anything

Simple to use and launch. Well worth a look for someone that doesn't care for fairway woods.

Simple to use and launch. Well worth a look for someone that doesn't care for fairway woods.
I was the opposite. I had confidence playing fairway woods and zero confidence with hybrids. I had tried hybrids from several companies (ping, callaway, titleist, cobra) and I couldn't get comfortable with any of them, regardless of loft. But then, after reading reviews here on THP about the Callaway Super Hybrids (prior to the release of the new Paradym Hybrids) I bought a pre-owned Epic SH, 4h. I played it as much as I could Nov thru Dec of last year, basically forcing myself to love it or leave it. I was very impressed! I have since traded it in to Callaway and purchased a new Paradym 3h. I'm gaming it, and I'm loving it.

I feel like I have interviewed the Callaway Hybrid offerings for a couple of years, after all there is a lot of hype about Callaway clubs every year after the GD. This past year, prior to the GD, what I was reading here on THP was enough to get me excited about the hybrid offerings. I bought into it, tried it for myself, and I'm very impressed with the results.

Had a couple really nice shots with this in my last round. Still waiting for the adapter I ordered to arrive to try a new shaft but when it's on this thing is fantastic!!

To be 15 degrees it really does get airborn quickly and is a great option off the tee as well. The flat sole is great for off the green putting.

Yesterday’s round I used this quite a bit, but one shot in particular stands out. On the 18th hole I hit a poor drive as I tried to get a little cute with a tough tee shot. It flew dead straight, but left me a long way in at 223 to the pin and 213 to the front edge. There was water down the right side and it cut in to the front of the green. The left was guarded with bunkers.

My opponents were not much better and I said to myself, if they hit it good i’m going for it and both of them did. Figured I just needed to clear the water and then an up and down closes out our match.

I put a decent swing on it but admittedly I was a bit tired. Contact and I thought I missed it heel side but ball mark was pretty close to center. Good flight and the ball ended up 15 feet from the cup on the left side of the green.

This club helps me in so many situations

IMG_2255.jpeg

IMG_2254.jpeg

To be 15 degrees it really does get airborn quickly and is a great option off the tee as well. The flat sole is great for off the green putting.
This has nothing to do with the particular post I quoted, but I think you’re one of, if not the best of the club reviewer “contest” winners on here. A great example to others on how to do it right (y)

Short par 4 a little over 300 yards but pretty tight and guarded around the green so I rarely hit driver. Was straight downwind so was considering driver but group ahead was still short of the green, didn't want to wait and decided to pull the super hybrid.

Proceeded to hit a 280ish bomb that nearly rolled up on them. 😬 Didn't even cross my mind that it might be an issue. Noted for next time. :LOL:

Short par 4 a little over 300 yards but pretty tight and guarded around the green so I rarely hit driver. Was straight downwind so was considering driver but group ahead was still short of the green, didn't want to wait and decided to pull the super hybrid.

Proceeded to hit a 280ish bomb that nearly rolled up on them. 😬 Didn't even cross my mind that it might be an issue. Noted for next time. :LOL:
You just answered your own question about courses having short par 4s

You just answered your own question about courses having short par 4s
We played in under 3 hours. With 2 other similar length holes. I did wait for the green to clear on one of them.

We played in under 3 hours. With 2 other similar length holes. I did wait for the green to clear on one of them.
But that’s not the norm and if every group waits for green to clear or almost every one as they should for safety, the course is destroyed pace wise

Same reason back to back par 3s would destroy

This has nothing to do with the particular post I quoted, but I think you’re one of, if not the best of the club reviewer “contest” winners on here. A great example to others on how to do it right (y)
Thank you. Felt awkward at first but I try to offer what I see and feel. Gets easier with time.

Was doing iron and wedge work today and couldn't resist the temptation. I hit 3 from the deck and three off the tee. Could have placed a bed sheet over each grouping. If I don't hit the heel, great things happen.

Just got the adapter and grip on the UST LIN-Q Blue hybrid 75f4 shaft for my Paradym SuperHybrid. I've taken a handful of swings in the garage and it feels amazing but hoping to get to the range tomorrow and see the true ballflight with this setup

I hit this as far as my driver in the simulator on many occasions today. It is HOT. Kinda forcing me into a longer driver shaft in competitive play just for the added help of club head speed. Off deck carry today was 260+ on a few different swings.

The Paradym super hybrid 2 with LIN-Q Blue shaft was really good at the range tonight. Piercing flight and reliable soft draws. When I absolutely pured one it was getting into second driver distance. Looking forward to seeing if this translates into better scoring on par 5s and longer or tighter par 4s

I don’t give the SH the praise that it deserves. When I first put it in the bag I was concerned as it is more oversized than what I prefer from in a hybrid. Visual queues are big for me and I didn’t quite know what to expect.
What I am seeing is more than I could have wished for. A good swing puts a slight draw on the ball and I can get about 215 - 225 yds out of it. The feel off the face is good and over time I’ve grown accustomed to the shape. Easy to flight the ball high or low with this one. I find myself hitting 3w less because of this club in the bag.

I have the 3 & 5 Paradym Super Hybrids and really enjoy them with the distance and forgiveness they offer.

Sundays round only called for 2 real chances to hit this as I’m adapting to a new driver setup. The one tee shot I pulled slightly but got great results and distance.

The shot that stands out. 530yd par 5 in really wet, foggy, 45 degree weather I pulled this from the fairway for a shot into an elevated green. Only target I had other than memory was the shadow of the sun through the fog. The good college try launched very well from the fairway directly into the sun.
The ball was 10 yards short of the green. I don’t know actual distances because the range finder wouldn’t work due to excessive fog. My guess is 260-270

I like hitting long irons but this year went with the 3SH and dropped the 3i. I like the 3SH so much that now I'm thinking about getting a 4SH.

I always get the itch to play a 5W this time of the year. I played today and hit both PSH’s on a string. Don’t know why I think a 5W would even remotely come close to this. Bad thought has been erased.

Back