2023 Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid

This may have officially kicked 2nd driver out of the bag.

This may have officially kicked 2nd driver out of the bag.
17 degree loft? Or do the make a lower lofted option?

I got to use the Paradym Super Hybrid 2 with the new LIN-Q Blue hybrid shaft on course a few times Sunday and it did not disappoint. I'm seeing 3 wood distance with more control which is exactly what I've been looking for.

At the range, the back right flag sits at 230 yards and I was landing balls all around it with it. With the LIN-Q shaft I'm not seeing the wild balls I was seeing before and the left to right dispersion has tightened up significantly. This has taken the spot in my bag from the 3HL wood and I'm looking forward to building confidence and using it more.

As good as this club is, I just don't think its getting the credit it deserves. Price is higher but the performance is excellent.

I had to try to hit a low running cut to get out of trouble when I pushed a drive right and managed to run one up to the front edge with the PSH 2. It set up a nice par after a loose drive

i somehow lucked into a new #3 on ebay this week for real cheap. hopefully weather holds up for the weekend and i can take it to the range .

My buddy has the 16*. I like to borrow it on fun rounds just for kicks. So damn good into the wind, with its boring flight and low spin. Even with his phone pole shaft my old butt can hit that thing a bit over 240, about the same as a go after it swing with my 17.5* G 425 5 wood on good air but under the wind.. I just dont have a spot in the bag for one..........

I've seemingly lost my ability to hit this off of a tee at the moment but it still flies very true from the deck. All is good and looking forward to the weather allowing some good golf.

I still don't know what to make of this club.

It's crazy hot. It plays much more like a fairway wood than a hybrid.
I still get caught overswinging and going for shots I probably shouldn't which was the main reason I have benched fairway woods in the past.

If i just smooth swing it, it's pretty great. longer but similar to my 2u in distance with a little more consistency. though with the size can have some worse turf interaction. And I don't trust it as much off the tee because of the overswinging thing.

Like last round, I was 270 or something out into a probably 2 club wind. Absolutely no reason to "go for it". But I have this guy in the bag, so i pulled it. 240 yard missile that stopped dead. When it's good it's good, but brings a lot of risk back into play for me too.

It's an expensive club to keep in the bag for one or two, possibly risky, shots per round.

I still don't know what to make of this club.

It's crazy hot. It plays much more like a fairway wood than a hybrid.
I still get caught overswinging and going for shots I probably shouldn't which was the main reason I have benched fairway woods in the past.

If i just smooth swing it, it's pretty great. longer but similar to my 2u in distance with a little more consistency. though with the size can have some worse turf interaction. And I don't trust it as much off the tee because of the overswinging thing.

Like last round, I was 270 or something out into a probably 2 club wind. Absolutely no reason to "go for it". But I have this guy in the bag, so i pulled it. 240 yard missile that stopped dead. When it's good it's good, but brings a lot of risk back into play for me too.

It's an expensive club to keep in the bag for one or two, possibly risky, shots per round.
I've found a lot of uses for it but for some reason my swing isn't allowing me to hit it off the tee right now. I'm sure it will come back around. Just weird how it changed.

I had several really nice shots with my PSH 2 my last round including a really nice ball off the tee on a tighter hole. A good friend tried it out and is now looking at purchasing one himself as he hit one of his best shots of the day with it

Just packed up my bag for Victoria National next week. This is firmly in there and has given me the ability to take the second driver out of my bag.
The distance I am getting to go along with the straight lines and flight is something I am very much in awe of.

Shot of the day: Big push put me in the wrong fairway with driver. Had 246 to the flag so I gave it the good college try. High and slight draw lands just short of the green and runs past the pin by roughly 20 feet. 2 putt par was very accepted with such a bad tee shot.

I had big plans to use this today but my driving was on fire and I didn't pull it once. I'm going to have to play an entire round using just it off the tee as it's so good and I need to get comfortable pulling it more often

Just messing around the house and decided to give this a go in place of the heavy stick on the super speed golf protocol. I know its significantly shorter but it feels like it will work. Goal for this club by seasons end....... 115 mph from the tee? I'm at 108 right now. Does that seem like its reasonable. I know the club will give monster results... I wonder if I can play without driver on all of my shorter local courses?

Had a ball below my feet in the rough and absolutely flushed the PSH 2 hybrid and almost got it to the front edge of the green on a par 5.

So, I’ve got 5 different weight and flex hybrid shafts in for review from XCaliber for review and needed a head that I can swap easily, so the Paradym SH is getting the job.

Hit some with one of the shafts this afternoon and forgot what a cannon these are, personally size and square toe face just aren’t my favorite. What is a favorite though, is putting up almost 150 ball speed with a 21 degree hybrid hahaha

So, I’ve got 5 different weight and flex hybrid shafts in for review from XCaliber for review and needed a head that I can swap easily, so the Paradym SH is getting the job.

Hit some with one of the shafts this afternoon and forgot what a cannon these are, personally size and square toe face just aren’t my favorite. What is a favorite though, is putting up almost 150 ball speed with a 21 degree hybrid hahaha
This design is a ball speed monster. PLUS that's from literally anywhere on the face that isn't the heel.

What is there not to love when a club is so versatile and easy to hit. My 16* Paradym SH is about to kick a club out of the bag. The numbers and ball flight I am seeing is criminal…
The pairing with the UST Mamiya Recoil Dart f4 feels so stable and good through out the swing. As a stock shaft for the Paradym SH and Ai Smoke line you can’t go wrong!!!
image.jpg

IMG_2968.jpeg

Little chance to get swings in this week but this thing proves to be so easy for me to launch. I figured out the tee issues that I developed for some reason with the ball position being way to far forward. The Smoke driver is really good but I could go to several of my local courses and never use it with this in the bag.

I am impressed by the combo that is the stock super hybrid. Went for a shaft fitting to see what else was out there but the dart was a solid combo and nothing else quite beat it out for me.

Also this is the most forgiving club I have in my bag. You have to put a really funky swing on this to get a bad result.

If you haven’t hit it yet it needs to be on the short list.

I am impressed by the combo that is the stock super hybrid. Went for a shaft fitting to see what else was out there but the dart was a solid combo and nothing else quite beat it out for me.

Also this is the most forgiving club I have in my bag. You have to put a really funky swing on this to get a bad result.

If you haven’t hit it yet it needs to be on the short list.
I still find some struggles when I hit the heel but that also has a lot to do with the struggles I developed with it. All is good now

Back