It sounds really good. I think part of that is the Chrome Tour.
The Chrome Tour seems to help with feel and sound,I have not hit my UW with Chrome tour yet and now i have yet another thing to look forward to when the weather gets warmer..

I took my UW to Topgolf this weekend and to put it in to context I have not had a wood for 2 years now because I cant hit hybrids or 3 woods consistently ... the UW does not in my opinion feel like a wood.. its got nice weight to it and I feel like I can go after the ball like an Iron.

The Chrome Tour seems to help with feel and sound,I have not hit my UW with Chrome tour yet and now i have yet another thing to look forward to when the weather gets warmer..

I took my UW to Topgolf this weekend and to put it in to context I have not had a wood for 2 years now because I cant hit hybrids or 3 woods consistently ... the UW does not in my opinion feel like a wood.. its got nice weight to it and I feel like I can go after the ball like an Iron.
that’s true. It does allow you to swing more like an iron, which is great from the deck.

its got nice weight to it and I feel like I can go after the ball like an Iron.
Quoting this because when I tested the UW I misshit my first 2 or 3 shots. The fitter told me to hit more down on the ball, and wow, the results once I did that were great. The ball had no issue launching, and I was keeping it right on target. Keeping it on target is something I always struggle with playing woods, so the UW was a revelation in that regard.

The weight of the shaft I was for it in the Apex UW wasn't available because it is a bit of a rare one and the replacement club arrived at my house two days ago. Huge thank you to Callaway for going above and beyond. I got yesterday and with the UW 19* now playing with a TR Black 9x (was 8x before) and am very happy how it felt and how I hit it. Still getting plenty of launch and carry and I felt very much in control of the club with the extra weight--was 4/6 for fairways in regulation. Two misses were playable and the two misses were on fairways I never seem to hit anyway.

after winter messing up golf options around here for the last 3-4 weeks, I will finally get out again this weekend and one club I am most looking forward to hitting is my 21* UW with UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Red 70

The 21* UW is cemented into my bag for the year. It does exactly what I want for that particular spot in the bag. For me, it is a solid, 215 yard club that is versatile and gives me a chance to hit and stop on a green from 210 plus yards.

The 17* UW is also a great club. I think that I may go back and forth a bit with this and a Paradym Triple D 5 wood that is so so good as well. I think when my swing is on, the 17* UW is a better club, due to its versatility. When I am not swinging quite as well, the 5 wood is probably a bit more consistent for that second shot on par 5s, which is the primary use for the club that holds this spot in the bag. The 17* UW is clearly a better tee club for me than the 5 wood on holes that call for that distance.

The 17* UW is also a great club. I think that I may go back and forth a bit with this and a Paradym Triple D 5 wood that is so so good as well. I think when my swing is on, the 17* UW is a better club, due to its versatility. When I am not swinging quite as well, the 5 wood is probably a bit more consistent for that second shot on par 5s, which is the primary use for the club that holds this spot in the bag. The 17* UW is clearly a better tee club for me than the 5 wood on holes that call for that distance.
This is the shootout in my bag as well, just with the Max 5W. Only hit a few of each over the weekend, but so far the UW is winning. Going to be interesting to see how it plays out once I get to go back on the course. This spot isn't something that I will hit off the tee too often and mostly a second shot into par 5s or long/mishit par 4s.

Got to the Sim last night with @Ronnie D and of the shots I hit, one of the ones that stuck out the most was a tee ball I hit that needed a 275-280 shot and it was something I did not try to do while at the Hideaway because of my PTSD with woods but I am quickly gaining confidence back with the UW.... which is something that blows my mind. The tee ball went very well I hit a 275 shot with a fade..... which is unheard for me with a wood and my swing. The UW may become a regular off the tee for me if it keeps up.

Got to the Sim last night with @Ronnie D and of the shots I hit, one of the ones that stuck out the most was a tee ball I hit that needed a 275-280 shot and it was something I did not try to do while at the Hideaway because of my PTSD with woods but I am quickly gaining confidence back with the UW.... which is something that blows my mind. The tee ball went very well I hit a 275 shot with a fade..... which is unheard for me with a wood and my swing. The UW may become a regular off the tee for me if it keeps up.
After seeing that I'm not sure you want to hit anything more then a UW around our courses haha. That was impressive for sure... you pounded that thing. A simulator is so hard to tell I cannot wait to see you hit this on the course!

The 17 deg saved me several times with the shorter Shaft. My Back was giving out by the 15th hole and was unable to hit my Driver anymore, so between the UW and U85 6-3 I was able to get the Ball down the Fairway (Swing did not look pretty at all).

I am loving the 2024 Apex 19* UW and Smoke TD 3w combo for my game. I get plenty of launch with the UW--it does feel more forgiving than the previous model and a lower, piercing ball flight from the 3w. It gives me options off the tee that I really haven't had before.

Ordered a 19° UW with a Denali Blue today to replace my 5w that I don’t get along with. Should hopefully arrive right around the time courses start opening up.

Ordered a 19° UW with a Denali Blue today to replace my 5w that I don’t get along with. Should hopefully arrive right around the time courses start opening up.
Great choice, you'll love the sound.

Every time this thread gets kicked back up to the top all i hear is...

Rt Podcast Buy It GIF by Rooster Teeth

I feel confident in saying the 2024 is more forgiving than the previous version. It’s kind of crazy to me, but I am feeling even more comfortable with the 2024 now. It’s silly easy to hit.

I feel confident in saying the 2024 is more forgiving than the previous version. It’s kind of crazy to me, but I am feeling even more comfortable with the 2024 now. It’s silly easy to hit.
The UW is silly and I can’t wait to actually hit it on the course

The UW is silly and I can’t wait to actually hit it on the course
It's so easy to hit. Even with Back troubles I just swipe across Swing Plane and it goes. So much fun

I didnt need to read this. My '22/23 UW's are still awesome. However..........'24 :unsure:. Thanks @Jeff Spicoli

I’m continuing to love how well the Apex UW preforms for me. An erratic 19 index golfer. I think it might prove to be the gateway club to transition me into a hybrid instead of playing long irons.

I agree, I'd buy one
If I could go to Japan I’d get the 23 deg UW and be done.

Not that they are in stores I need to test the 5H and 4H Abd the HL versions in the Ai Smoke line to see which fits the gap and kick my 4i out.

If I could go to Japan I’d get the 23 deg UW and be done.

Not that they are in stores I need to test the 5H and 4H Abd the HL versions in the Ai Smoke line to see which fits the gap and kick my 4i out.
I've seen some on ebay from Japan but not at a price I'm willing to pay yet
Btw… I say Hybrid Abd you came running faster than lightning!!!

I have the bat signal for you when needed. 😂
96174573-2C9B-422B-89B6-10292C225952.jpeg

Back