Sorry haha. Came to that realization today on the course and had to share.
no apology necessary. My weak willpower with clubs would have led me here eventually anyhow. lol

Put me in the camp of wishing there was a 23*. I really only use my 4i or UT off the tee and the 19* UW is point and shoot. I imagine the same would be for a 23*.

Put me in the camp of wishing there was a 23*. I really only use my 4i or UT off the tee and the 19* UW is point and shoot. I imagine the same would be for a 23*.
I want a higher lofted one as well. 19* is soooo good for me, but there are times where I just dont need it to be so long.

I want a higher lofted one as well. 19* is soooo good for me, but there are times where I just dont need it to be so long.
The 19* is long. 23* would be fun.

I didn't think this club could be as good as the original. But I now have a 17* and 21* and they are still my go to clubs in the bag. These babies are long, straight, easy to hit off the tee, off the fairway, or out of the rough. Because of that...I no longer carry a fairway club. Driver, then straight to the 2 Apex UW's. LOVE them!!

I know that @e1iterate has tried to talk me into replacing my HyWood with one of these.

I love the 2nd Gen 17 and keep thinking maybe replace my Ping Zing Lami 5W for the 21. Then I hit the Lami and the idea goes up in smoke. Still, the 17 was an easy replace for Cobra 3W

Pondered picking up the OG from Callaway CPO, but I'm going to hold off and pick up one of these. I've hit the new UW and got along great with it, and a 19* fits the gap between my 4i and 3w perfectly. I prefer the MMT over the HZRDUS Black too. There's snow on the ground still, so I'm not in any rush, but I hope to have one in the bag come spring.

I know that @e1iterate has tried to talk me into replacing my HyWood with one of these.
This thing is an absolute weapon off the tee and very easy to hit off the turf as well. Fantastic club that I reviewed and shared many thoughts on throughout this thread.

I love hitting this club, on the sim I didn’t want to switch off of it and hit Driver. It is very fun to hit and I believe it will be my 275 club this year. It was hard to dial it in with the trackman numbers seeming off!
This is also such a relief because I typically dread hitting woods other than driver!

It is very easy to hit, I am hitting a piercing fade with it most times and it’s lovely.

I’ll might I’m going to hit a UW soon.
If it fits your swing, it's a weapon. Mine is holding its own against the Smoke 5W for me right now. Haven't gotten as much time to test them as I've wanted yet, but the couple times I've put them head to head the UW has held its spot. Going to keep at it as the weather starts to turn and I get more season-ready.

@mtbloco guess what I did
80S Japan GIF

After a not great round with the 21° + UST Mamiya LIN-Q Red a couple weeks ago, I played up a set of tees last round last weekend and was able to use this off the tee a few times and off the deck once. Hit nice draws again but they were pulls. Thankfully the results were still decent and much better than when I was losing it off the planet to the right. It’s good to be back to looking forward to hitting this club.

My 19* Apex UW has proven itself as a great tool for long par fives and more than worth 5W replacement for me. After playing it since GDX, my Shotscope Performance average, based on last 10 rounds, with it, is up to 217 yards and my long....238! that is crazy new territory for this 18.9 handicapper.

It's performing so well...I decided it was high time to test in on Long Par 3s. Sunday I played a hole that was 211 yard to center of green from the tee box we played. that is a beast for me. Additionally there is deep bunker in front of the green so my normal approach of trying to run a 4i on was not a possibility. The UW was amazing. I took what I thought was a relaxed swing....hit is slighltly lower than i hoped but still launched well.....it carried the bunker thus more that 195 carry. it landed on the green and ran just off the backside. It provided a shot that i never had a club to handle before.

Looking forward to more opportunities to try and execute with the UW on long par 3s.

Waiting GIF

Spill the beans!!!!
I haven’t been able to spend tons of time with it but I’m a fan so far. I reshafted it with one of the new Proforce V2 and the combo looks great. Hitting it about as far as my 21.5 degree hybrid which is exactly what I was looking for. Biggest thing is the flight is not overly high, much lower than what I'd expect a 23 degree true fairway wood to be, which is a good thing. I like the help 7Ws have but feel like I’m always fighting hitting them to high. It seems to have some good forgiveness on the groove low and high toe which are my tendencies.

Assuming it sticks, it will slot between my 5 wood and my OL 5 utility, with a OL 3 utility kind of sharing that gap depending on course. I wouldn’t be surprised if I test a 19* to go with it sooner rather than later.

4604B144-E94F-4FF4-9E70-FDBD766AA05D.jpeg

10C95E1F-F32E-4C2B-929E-F5955DA12D27.jpeg

I haven’t been able to spend tons of time with it but I’m a fan so far. I reshafted it with one of the new Proforce V2 and the combo looks great. Hitting it about as far as my 21.5 degree hybrid which is exactly what I was looking for. Biggest thing is the flight is not overly high, much lower than what I'd expect a 23 degree true fairway wood to be, which is a good thing. I like the help 7Ws have but feel like I’m always fighting hitting them to high. It seems to have some good forgiveness on the groove low and high toe which are my tendencies.

Assuming it sticks, it will slot between my 5 wood and my OL 5 utility, with a OL 3 utility kind of sharing that gap depending on course. I wouldn’t be surprised if I test a 19* to go with it sooner rather than later.

View attachment 9245335

View attachment 9245336
I’m intoxicated by the feel of the UW.

If the 23 doesn’t stick for you….i know someone who’d take it off your hands….and put a shaft for a mortal in it. 😉

There is an itch to try the 23 since the 17 is doing me proud (what little I've been playing) but I so love what's in my Bag already I'm not expecting it to happen. Maybe in a few years.

Does anyone know what line of weights are compatible with this head?

Back