2024 Callaway Outerwear Apparel Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Under Perry Ellis, the Callaway Apparel brand has come a staggeringly long way from its origins. Much of that hinges around the willingness to create unique pieces while keeping things clean. However, a lot of it comes back to the ever improving consistency in their sizing and fit. The place where that is easiest to witness is in the brands outerwear options, and we were able to get two of their latest pieces from the 2024 Callaway Outerwear apparel in for a closer look.

Continue reading...

Enjoyed the write up @Jman

If that 1/4 zip is like the one we got at the Goat Cup last year, looks like it is, it’s fantastic and I need more of them

I really like the look of the 1/4 zip and the textures.

I really like the look of the 1/4 zip and the textures.
The thermal pullover is nice. Good looking with performance features.

I like it. They had a couple great shoe releases as well. Callaway apparel stepping up their game.

Not loving the 1/2 zip, but that jacket would get all kinds of use around here.

they look good. Sounds like they performed great as well based on the article

Great write up @jman! Callaway clothes are nice. The have great sales which make them even more attractive to purchase.

How’s the fit? Anything Callaway I have tried usually starts with huge and gets bigger.

I’d certainly give these items a long look if I needed more weighty outerwear. Thanks for the review.

I like the incorporation of the hex in the 1/4 zip. More subtle than doing a full body triple track 360. ;)

Always love Callaway stuff.. they make my sizes. Actually wearing one of their hoodies on my flight rt now.

Great write up, like the look of that jacket.

The puffer jacket looks good and not a terrible price at all. That 1/2 zip though, It's not speaking to me.

How’s the fit? Anything Callaway I have tried usually starts with huge and gets bigger.
I discussed how much better it is in recent years in the article, it’s come a long way, that isn’t the same old story anymore.

The puffer jacket looks good and not a terrible price at all. That 1/2 zip though, It's not speaking to me.
The texture on it is cool, it’s just not as bright as my personality hahahaha

The texture on it is cool, it’s just not as bright as my personality hahahaha
LOL so true. I'd have to see it in person I guess... based on that first picture its a pass for me

That jacket looks all sorts of comfortable!

I like both pieces. They're pretty simple looking, but could easily wear either one on and off the course. The texture on the 1/4 zip is a nice touch.

The puffer looks good. I picked up a Callaway performance hoodie at the end of 2023 and have been happy with that.

I almost said no way to the jacket... then remembered 20 years ago almost or thereabouts I used to have a jacket similar to the one in the article. It was lightweight, warm, and fit into a bag for travel. It was my favorite jacket then. So I'd be willing to give that jacket a try but not at that price. For that money I want a dozen Chrome Tours to come with it. :ROFLMAO:

And the half-zip? Looks kinda cool and I might like it but I'm not liking the price.

can’t decide if I like them or not, I would like to see both pieces in person

That half zip looks awesome to me. I'm not historically a puffy kind of person; unless it's a 650 + down.

Personally,they look way over priced. I can get Puma, Columbia, or Carhartt for less and they perform just fine. Any layer I can wear fishing on L Huron in January is a good enough layer for golfing in cool weather. I don't care who's logo is on it, or if Perry Ellis designed it, I just want performance and value.

Great writeup @Jman ! I like both of those pieces, especially the pullover. I noticed a lot of your article focused on them nailing down the sizing consistencies and I have noticed that both them and Travis Mathew have been much more consistent in the last few pieces I have bought. Not only the sizing, but the last Callaway pullover/q-zip hoodie that I purchased from a course pro shop just over a month ago quality was really nice. It reminded me of TM. Callaway is really stepping up their game on their apparel. That being said, not super happy about the prices, BUT it seems par for most other quality brands so not going to make it a negative on it. I will just wait till I can find a sale on things. Usually what I do anyways, lol.

Both pieces look solid. I prefer more understated looking apparel and both of these appear to fit that bill from the pictures.

Back