2024 Fujikura Ventus Blue Shaft

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Fujikura introduced its Ventus shaft at the 2018 Safeway Open, and it quickly became a popular choice on the PGA Tour. Today, it is still the most preferred shaft on tour. In the 2022-2023 season, 9% of the players used Ventus driver shafts, and 26% used fairway wood shafts. Talk about an impressive achievement, as no other shaft on the market was used more. Fujikura has done an incredible job with the Ventus line, and they are now launching an updated version called Ventus Blue to make it even better.

Continue reading...

Will be interesting to see how much of a measurable difference between the original and this updated version in the swing, and in the numbers.

Based on how massive the performance potential of pitch fiber is from the discussion on Off Course this past week, I’m betting it’s notable.
That’s why I’m hoping robot numbers can come out to show it with the exact swing parameters.

Naturally, there will be a ton of buzz around this one.

• Staff
I actually think this would be something I like from a feel perspective based on your description @ddec

Being a Ventus Blue player currently I am very curious to see how this is different. Really like the color update too.

Not in fact a collab with Good Good @Templet0n haha

I actually think this would be something I like from a feel perspective based on your description @ddec
me too. I've never hit a Ventus with VeloCore. But I like what I'm hearing. Little softer under the hands seems like a good thing.

me too. I've never hit a Ventus with VeloCore. But I like what I'm hearing. Little softer under the hands seems like a good thing.
That's kind of like the magic trick for me. Really improves feel.

That's kind of like the magic trick for me. Really improves feel.
I'm one that has a hard time feeling like I am properly loading the shaft, so that helps in general.

I'm one that has a hard time feeling like I am properly loading the shaft, so that helps in general.
Hmmm. Loading? Never heard of that.

The TRs are too much under the hands for a lot of people. So a little more feel there would be great.

I'll be curious to find out if it's a worthwhile addition to the lineup.

I just got fit into the TR Black and very happy with it so far. I like what they have done.

I still have the blue ventus in my 3 wood. Wonder if any OEM's are going to offer this in any of their stock drivers? Hint, hint ... Titleist or Callaway?

Being a Ventus Blue player currently I am very curious to see how this is different. Really like the color update too.

Not in fact a collab with Good Good @Templet0n haha
More than just a color scheme hahaha

I need to swing this immediately. Preferably before I peel the sticker and have the OG Blue I just bought installed.

Everyone knows how popular these are. Well the real ones that is. Not the biggest fan that they use the same name for made for shafts but there's no denying the performance of them! I'd gladly give this one a swing. Love my Red and enjoyed the Blue when I had it

Used in 26% of fairway woods is a pretty crazy stat. Interesting that there is a big % difference between driver usage and FW usage. Would have thought they might be a little closer.

I didn't mention the color when I first commented, but the lighter blue is sooooo much better than the darker blue of the previous versions

The TRs are too much under the hands for a lot of people. So a little more feel there would be great.

I'll be curious to find out if it's a worthwhile addition to the lineup.

What does that impact out of curiosity. Is it mostly on feel? I have always felt for some reason I don't have the most sensitive hands when it comes to feel.

Is butt stiffness the difference between the old blue and the TR? I have played a TR Blue for most of the fall and had really good luck with it. I had never had really good luck with the Ventus shafts before. I got the TR from a buddy who it was too light for (5s). I wasn't fitted for it but hit it more consistently than the VA Badazz I was fit for.

I am interested to hear about the new Blue. I can't guarantee I hit the Blue or TR in a fitting I hit a ton of different shafts. I am looking forward to hearing how the new one works out.

I can agree with this. TR is a little too stout under the hands for me.

Back