Tour Event 2024 LIV Las Vegas

I enjoyed watching. Still not buying the team aspect of LIV.

I watched some of the tourney today. Names I recognize. Players I would want to watch. Feherty calling the action. A broadcast geared toward a younger demographic than me but still much more enjoyable than the alternative. I enjoyed it. The only thing I didn’t care for was the scoreboard along the left side - very busy and I wasn’t sure what I was seeing.

That was a fantastic finish!

If I was going to be at an event in person, I would have rather been there than at the Wasted Management.

Fun watch on the iPad while the other tournament was on the tv. Awesome finish.

Funny thing - you’d think LIV would attract more of the idiot “mashed potatoes” crowd, but I don’t hear them at all.
It is a Smash potatoes croud on LIV, Brooks likes it a bit quieter 👌

Love seeing DJ get the W.

Las Vegas was great venue for LIV. Big turnout and great stage on the 18th green. Definitely one of the better LIV tournaments in the US.

However, I think LIV made a mistake placing the jumbotron next to the 18th green. All three players of final group (DJ, Rahm, DeChambeau) all got free line-of-sight relief which gave them a way better shots at the green. Of course, DJ got the biggest benefit since he was 1 stroke ahead. DJ would have had a much tougher shot at the green. It was a really big break because he got a better lie and had much better angle.

Not knocking DJ, but I don't like to see things like that perhaps affect outcomes just like controversial penalties at pivotal times in football games.

So cool The Great One is DJ's FIL. Paulina 🔥

Props to GMac for a Top 5 finish and Smash win.

Does @Jman still think the scheduling was "dumb"

It was better than going up against Tiger next weekend😉

On the last day the lead group is the 2nd group to go off 1. They are the only ones that are offset. They also have been warned that they are out of position so the last group is the only one that is causing a problem right now.

It didn’t appear to matter that they were slow and out of position. When I was watching they were falling further behind.

The broadcast didn’t really get me into it and it should have given that there was a 6 way tie for first at one point.

I think Liv caught a break again this week. The WM had weather issues and the start of the third round was delayed so there was not much live golf in that event when Liv was finishing up. It will be interesting to see the numbers.

So cool The Great One is DJ's FIL. Paulina 🔥

Props to GMac for a Top 5 finish and Smash win.

Does @Jman still think the scheduling was "dumb"

It was better than going up against Tiger next weekend😉
Yes, yes I do.

Because…wait for it……..that’s my opinion. 🤯

Las Vegas was great venue for LIV. Big turnout and great stage on the 18th green. Definitely one of the better LIV tournaments in the US.

However, I think LIV made a mistake placing the jumbotron next to the 18th green. All three players of final group (DJ, Rahm, DeChambeau) all got free line-of-sight relief which gave them a way better shots at the green. Of course, DJ got the biggest benefit since he was 1 stroke ahead. DJ would have had a much tougher shot at the green. It was a really big break because he got a better lie and had much better angle.

Not knocking DJ, but I don't like to see things like that perhaps affect outcomes just like controversial penalties at pivotal times in football games.
Its no different than when someone flies the 18th and they get relief from the grandstand.

Yes, yes I do.

Because…wait for it……..that’s my opinion. 🤯
People do change their opinion from time to time like about golf leagues and players named Bryson. 😉

People do change their opinion from time to time like about golf leagues and players named Bryson. 😉
Bryson is an asshat.

And as I have told you MANY times now, I was not an anti-LIV chest beater, I have from the beginning said I was excited about getting to see MORE golf on TV.

So, a three week break wow. Just enough to see if my interest in the last 2 weeks holds over. I’m thinking it will, especially since the next one is in prime time.

So, a three week break wow. Just enough to see if my interest in the last 2 weeks holds over. I’m thinking it will, especially since the next one is in prime time.
Definitely two successful weeks for them imo.

Rahm is going to have to get used to competing with top players again :alien:
Does getting FY generational money quickly change one's competitive motivation? Or did he suffer from getting into a more competitive field? Or, is competitive golf just hard?

Does getting FY money quickly change one's competitive motivation? Or did he suffer from getting into a more competitive field? Or, is competitive golf just hard?
Honestly, I think it's better competition at some level. That was a tough final group to ride with.

Its no different than when someone flies the 18th and they get relief from the grandstand.

If players know they can err and hit it right to get free relief with shot at the flag, there is more of a draw to do it. But there really is no inclination to err on the side of flying the green to get relief. Also, it is really easy to move the jumbotron to another area less consequential like on the left side of the green. Just my opinion.

It is like the 15th at Riviera. Players are hitting it down the 17th fairway to get a shortcut to the green. I don't think that should be possible and they should make it OB on the 17th fairway. Again, just my opinion.

Last edited:
Back