2024 MLB Thread + Hot Stove Off Season

Opening Day! (For some of us)

Hoping Strider puts on a show in Philly.

opening day for the Phillies. starting out with a tough series against, one of if not the best team in the NL, the Braves.

Phillies sweep this weekend and never look back at the Braves.

Wire to wire baby.

phi GIF by MLB

Yep. Let's take a day off right after the opener.

Yep. Let's take a day off right after the opener.
MLB is such a flawed league, but taking it a step further, opening day was yesterday and we had no early games and a single nationally televised game (and it was during Sweet Sixteen) is such a massive miss.

Im surprised they didnt just let the LA Putins walk out and serenade them.

MLB is such a flawed league, but taking it a step further, opening day was yesterday and we had no early games and a single nationally televised game (and it was during Sweet Sixteen) is such a massive miss.

I'm all-in on day games. Should be wall to wall coverage and maybe even a free day of streaming coverage. Something to get people pumped up.

I'm all-in on day games. Should be wall to wall coverage and maybe even a free day of streaming coverage. Something to get people pumped up.
I would agree.
There was no reason not to do it, other than poorly planned out.
But that is pretty much everything with MLB.

Idk man - when he is on I think he is the best pitcher in baseball. His stuff is electric, and he added a curveball. I could definitely see it this year
He really is electric. Love watching the guy pitch.

He really is electric. Love watching the guy pitch.
He is really good.
He also makes virtually nothing right now. When the big money kicks in in 2 years, do you think they will keep him or move him?

He is really good.
He also makes virtually nothing right now. When the big money kicks in in 2 years, do you think they will keep him or move him?
I think with the group that they currently have on the roster, the Braves are going to be forced to make some tough decision regarding who to keep and who to let go. They have a lot of guys locked in for a while, but payroll is only going to go up from here. I think he is the type of pitcher you want to lock up long term, but dont know if they will be able to compete against New York or LA.

I think with the group that they currently have on the roster, the Braves are going to be forced to make some tough decision regarding who to keep and who to let go. They have a lot of guys locked in for a while, but payroll is only going to go up from here. I think he is the type of pitcher you want to lock up long term, but dont know if they will be able to compete against New York or LA.
Its interesting with him because they locked him in for that 7 year contract and its a good contract. But the first three pay nothing and then its 20-22 million per. So was curious if they use him up and then off him to the Putins (Dodgers) or Stalins (Yankees) for other items that may be needed. That team is loaded, so perhaps they keep winning and won't need to.

Their early season scheduling has been inept for years. Your 2 early games are in the places most likely to have weather??

Also.. LA Putins are really good this year... enjoy that ride my friend.

Its interesting with him because they locked him in for that 7 year contract and its a good contract. But the first three pay nothing and then its 20-22 million per. So was curious if they use him up and then off him to the Putins (Dodgers) or Stalins (Yankees) for other items that may be needed. That team is loaded, so perhaps they keep winning and won't need to.
After the Freddie Freeman fiasco, Anthopoulos probably doesnt want to deal with that kind of backlash from the fans again. Fortunately, for him, Matt Olson hasnt been the worst.

Their early season scheduling has been inept for years. Your 2 early games are in the places most likely to have weather??

Also.. LA Putins are really good this year... enjoy that ride my friend.
I mean shouldnt they be? They spent well over a billion dollars this off season.

I mean shouldnt they be? They spent well over a billion dollars this off season.
Of course... I wish they spent more.

I know, right?
Hugely flawed team with no pitching or SS.
Can't wait for the trade deadline... Those will be addressed.

First pitch, first hit for Acuna. And his first steal of the season!

• On Fire
Reactions: Bus
Back