2024 TaylorMade TP5 and TP5x Golf Balls

Kinda headscratching in the marketing being done by TM on the ball samples. If people are buying TP5/x balls, they're already a customer. Would you not want to try and convert someone with a sample in order to take away from another company's market share?

I find that just a bit odd.
I don't know about the member whatever being talked about earlier but they're being pretty aggressive with samples at fitting days and stuff like most who put out a new ball. Some of which are sure to be new users. And they seeded last fall and sold first editions in December, so they definitely tried to get them out there.

Kinda headscratching in the marketing being done by TM on the ball samples. If people are buying TP5/x balls, they're already a customer. Would you not want to try and convert someone with a sample in order to take away from another company's market share?

I spent a lot of money on TM woods last year but didn’t like the old ball models and only played each one round. Not a current user. Don’t mind them sending me new ones to try, I’ll happily give them a whirl. Maybe they win me over. Who knows.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JB
Anyone get a postcard from Taylormade for a 4 ball sample pack at DSG or GG?

I did not, but i've already 5-finger discounted the 2024 TP5 per my posts so maybe i am blacklisted.

Also if the cops ask you, tell them i never took no 2024 TP5s from anyone.

I don't know about the member whatever being talked about earlier but they're being pretty aggressive with samples at fitting days and stuff like most who put out a new ball. Some of which are sure to be new users. And they seeded last fall and sold first editions in December, so they definitely tried to get them out there.
Haven’t had a TM fitting event at my course yet, I’ll be curious what they do.

I played the TP5x some today, even though I said on my original video I had wished I'd played the TP5 more in testing. It was good.

Switched to TP5 for the last couple holes and went birdie, birdie, and had this one on the last

1000058219.jpg

that had to be no more than an inch from an ace. Honestly not sure how it didn't go in. Think it went right over the cup.

Which would have been cool because I broke my life long HIO drought on that hole with the 2019 TP5. Which I didn't actually play anymore at that point but my ball was scuffed and it's what I had available in the recesses of my bag. And went birdie, ace with it.

So fun stuff out there with it today. I kind of like the higher flight off TP5 for me and it's been good off the tee.

Last edited:

Yes. It is like preaching to the choir. Existing users and fans will buy the company's new release. They should be looking for new customers.

Yes. It is like preaching to the choir. Existing users and fans will buy the company's new release. They should be looking for new customers.
Exactly

Picked up a box of TP5x a few days ago. Admittedly, I have not gamed a Taylormade golf ball since the InerGel came out circa 1999. I'm not sure I could give a valid reason as to my "why", but was just never interested for some reason. Looking forward to getting out, hopefully this weekend, and playing a couple rounds with the TP5x (and might pick up a box of TP5, for comparison, when In OKC tomorrow).

So I grabbed both 2021 and 2024 Tp5x and started to bounce them on a wedge to see if they felt different and the newer one felt slightly softer. The odd part is I could keep the 2024 bouncing on the wedge and the 2021 would only last a few bounces before it would deflect off in one direction or the other. I tried this several times with the same results each time. I wonder if the newer ball was designed to have more bite. I then dropped both on the cement floor several times at the same time from the same height and the newer one will start bouncing faster and get several more bounces in before coming to a complete stop compared to the old model.

Hello - Does anyone know the compression on the 2024 versions? Thank you

I received mine in the mail today. Upon reading the small print that mentioned "limited supplies" and "until they run out," I immediately hopped in the car, drove to Golf Galaxy, and was given four free 2024 TP5 balls!

They said I was the first person to get the deal. :cool:
So apparently you have to scan the QR code on the postcard and it will tell you which DSG or GG in your area will have the samples.
No real directions to indicate that on the card.
I went to my local DSG and soon as I saw the associates face I knew they didn't have any.
Was told that I was the 15th person he turned away already and explained the QR method of finding out where I could get them.
His words "Yeah, not real clear on the postcard"...

Played the TP5x pix today. I can’t think of anything to complain about. It was long and consistent off the tee. Sounds great off the face of Qi-10 Driver.

I like the ballflight off irons and it tends to drop and stop quickly when hitting into greens.

I like the feel and spin I’m getting in the short game. And using the clear path tech on the green is helping me. I’m not a line on a ball kinda guy (it messes with my head) but lining up a big “blank” stripe in the middle of the diamonds just works for me for some reason.

Hello - Does anyone know the compression on the 2024 versions? Thank you
They're same as last version on that according to TM.

Played another nine with the TP5x Pix yesterday. The ball has held up well, even after squaring up a tree more squarely than I've ever squared up anything in my life. Distance and feel has been good, but I've really enjoyed putting with this ball more than anything. Feel has been better than I anticipated and have not found it "too clicky" or harsh. It's been my first time using a Pix ball, but it's worked very well for my eye. While I enjoy the Pix for putting, I've appreciated that the design isn't as "in your face" as some others and honestly rarely grabs my attention until I want to utilize it. This may seem silly, but I struggle with attention and quieting my mind, so this is something unexpected that has become a draw.

Played another nine with the TP5x Pix yesterday. The ball has held up well, even after squaring up a tree more squarely than I've ever squared up anything in my life. Distance and feel has been good, but I've really enjoyed putting with this ball more than anything. Feel has been better than I anticipated and have not found it "too clicky" or harsh. It's been my first time using a Pix ball, but it's worked very well for my eye. While I enjoy the Pix for putting, I've appreciated that the design isn't as "in your face" as some others and honestly rarely grabs my attention until I want to utilize it. This may seem silly, but I struggle with attention and quieting my mind, so this is something unexpected that has become a draw.
Agree on the durability yesterday I was in jail on the right side and had to trying to hit a 160y low runner. Shot was great, if it would have been 2 inches more right. Instead I scraped across the edge of a tree 10ft in front of me. I expect to have to take that ball out of play with only 3 holes left but when I got to it and inspected it was good as new.

Zero damage thru 18 yesterday. I’ll put the same ball back in play for my next round this week.

1000059050.jpg

Mhm. Mhm. Got over the hill. Into the wind.

Mhm.

View attachment 9245278

Mhm. Mhm. Got over the hill. Into the wind.

Mhm.
finding nemo animation GIF

Into… the….wind. 🤯
💣💣💣

finding nemo animation GIF

Into… the….wind. 🤯
💣💣💣
There's something about it that seems to suit me. Like it just sits in the right launch and spin window.

I played the TP5 yesterday and was impressed with the durability compared to previous models. Played the same ball all 18 holes with a couple of bunker shots mixed in and the ball showed very little wear.

Weather is still not ideal for playing just yet and the course conditions are soft and slow so I don’t put much into the distances and spin on the greens just yet. I liked the feel and was getting solid short game performance. I did place my order for TP5x balls for the season as I prefer a slightly firmer feel and a little less spin off of my irons.

I convinced myself to go ahead and order the buy 3 get 1 on the "My symbol" 5x's. But I'm a little sad that I can't just upload a picture of a light post for 'My Symbol'.

I'd rather have PIX anyway tbh so I'll just wait and hope they hit a buy 3 sale.

Bored at work so here’s a PIX edit. This slow motion one shows the Clearpath tech a little better

One of my sleeves of hi-viz TP5x balls had little blisters on the cover. Probably flashing nibs from the casting process. Disappointing for a premium ball.

TaylorMade is sending me out a couple sleeves of each of the new TP5 and TP5x to try out. Super excited to put them in play.

Yes mine also shipped today. Let’s see how they match up with my Tour B RX…

Same here! Anyone know who they’re using to ship? FedEx, USPS???

Back