Tour Event 2024 The American Express

That would certainly defy history.
Plus Major pressure is a lot different than trying to close out the Amex in Jan

Phil's career also pretty much paralleled Tiger's. Bad timing to be a great player when there's a dominant player in the mix with you.
This. It was always Phil & Tiger.

But, I would say it's harder to win TODAY than it was THEN. The talent level these days is insane.

Phil Mr always go for broke wasn't built to win majors. With his talent he should have won more. Maybe Nick is built to win majors.

While this is true regarding Phil's game I think that he had the misfortune of being at his peak at the same time as Tiger. When you are at your peak at the same time as arguably the most dominant player in history it hurts the major total.

This. It was always Phil & Tiger.

But, I would say it's harder to win TODAY than it was THEN. The talent level these days is insane.

I agree with this as well. There is always someone hot during a major and there are lots of people capable of winning. Even a 50 year old Phil Mickelson for example.

Everybody has weighed in on how difficult it is, strong competitor at same stage, yada,yada,yada. Nick Dunlop is unique. He may break the mold. That's the beauty of internet golf forums. Right @Jman Heck I could see 250 mill for play at LIV at this point for Nick. Ha

Everybody has weighed in on how difficult it is, strong competitor at same stage, yada,yada,yada. Nick Dunlop is unique. He may break the mold. That's the beauty of internet golf forums. Right @Jman Heck I could see 250 mill for play at LIV at this point for Nick. Ha
But what makes him so unique? That is my main question.

Won Jr Am and Am and only one to do that prior was Tiger. Won as Am on tour and no one has done that since Phil in 91. That's unique. Rare company.

Won Jr Am and Am and only one to do that prior was Tiger. Won as Am on tour and no one has done that since Phil in 91. That's unique. Rare company.
And as I said, one became the GOAT, the other took 13 years to win a major.

That is lumping a lot on the shoulders of a kid.

And as I said, one became the GOAT, the other took 13 years to win a major.

That is lumping a lot on the shoulders of a kid.
When Phil won as Am he did it playing his home course. Nick did it first time he ever played the track. My guess is he's got broad shoulders. And doesn't pay attention to internet golfer pedestal placing.

When Phil won as Am he did it playing his home course. Nick did it first time he ever played the track. My guess is he's got broad shoulders. And doesn't pay attention to internet golfer pedestal placing.
Not sure why that last comment is needed in a conversation, but whatever.

🙄

None of them do, which makes some of the nonsense all the more amusing

None of them do, which makes some of the nonsense all the more amusing
Well, it is a golf forum, where people like to talk about all things golf...

His list of accomplishments puts him in a category by himself. 1 of 1. Pretty unique imo.

That said, it's hard to envision he (or anyone for that matter) will have a Phil type career. Competition is just so steep now.

His list of accomplishments puts him in a category by himself. 1 of 1. Pretty unique imo.

That said, it's hard to envision he (or anyone for that matter) will have a Phil type career. Competition is just so steep now.
I don’t think I’m allowed to feel differently about that statement anymore, something internet something something.

Well, it is a golf forum, where people like to talk about all things golf...
The Internet GIF by Swing Left

Back