Tour Event 2024 THE PLAYERS Championship

This is a part of liv that doesn't need to exist. Just tee off normally. The fields are small enough as it is
I don't want to get in a LIV debate in this thread but the shotgun is great for the smaller fields. 4.5 - 5 hrs you just watched the entire field finish. For what the LIV events are they are suited for it. For Majors and the Players it makes no sense to do shotguns. I have said it many times that I think during football season and also for most LPGA events the shotgun makes sense. If you can only carve out 2-3 hrs of TV time that gets attention having all the golfers out there in a condensed time frame is awesome. When you want to make a spectacle the normal tee times is the right answer. This only works if the network that is broadcasting the event actually shows what is going on out on the course though.

I’m so glad I got to watch the end of this before I had to leave for a band rehearsal! What a fun day. Scottie was an artistic machine. Ironically he was only something like 30th strokes gained putting! And putted so much better than he has been! He could run away with this season.

I don't want to get in a LIV debate in this thread but the shotgun is great for the smaller fields. 4.5 - 5 hrs you just watched the entire field finish. For what the LIV events are they are suited for it. For Majors and the Players it makes no sense to do shotguns. I have said it many times that I think during football season and also for most LPGA events the shotgun makes sense. If you can only carve out 2-3 hrs of TV time that gets attention having all the golfers out there in a condensed time frame is awesome. When you want to make a spectacle the normal tee times is the right answer. This only works if the network that is broadcasting the event actually shows what is going on out on the course though.
And with the shorter time span you might not have to scramble around to 3 different channels, two of which are subscription only, to watch the round.

Back