Tour Event 2024 THE PLAYERS Championship

Did he? A couple of tough holes but I thought he played pretty darn good.
Id argue pressure mounted and he stated missing in approach shots... Ugly tees and approach shots led to some mediocrity while scottie hit stride

I don’t think Xander full on collapsed.. scheffler is just a force. It’s unreal right now.
He knew mistake free golf was needed and couldn't succeed. He couldn't close out. Scottie is great but Xander had 5 stroke lead into the final round...
13 times for Xander now for runner up. I think he played fantastic all day but those shots on 13/14/15 hurt...

It was a great watch this afternoon. Scottie really looked solid today and could have gone lower. Really tough lip out for Wyndham on the last, but kudos to getting back in it on 16 and 17z

Did we find out the total # of balls in the water at #17?

This makes me chuckle

What’s that saying? “Once is an accident and twice is a trend?”

I'm going to say it....a shotgun start would have totally not been as much fun

IMG_2466.jpegFelt bad for Sam Ryder.Almost an ace to a double

How do you know that ???
Because we watched the final three groups finish the best three holes on that course with the tournament on the line.

Because we watched the final three groups finish the best three holes on that course with the tournament on the line.
Quite honestly, and I am a LIV fan, there are courses and tournaments that the final holes are special. 16, 17, and 18 should be where you win or lose on the final day at The Players.

Quite honestly, and I am a LIV fan, there are courses and tournaments that the final holes are special. 16, 17, and 18 should be where you win or lose on the final day at The Players.
I quoted the wrong person but still the same sentiment.

Yes. Because with a golf course as intelligently designed as this, the holes' order matters. Not every course, to be sure, but this course it does.

How do you know that ???
becuase they pressure on each hole in those situations changes by when you play them and where you are in relation to the lead. Part of what makes those closing holes so damn special to watch on a day like today is that you have to play them to finish up the round. For instance...Scheffler started 5 shots back. Shotgun start he's starting on what hole? 5 or 15? If it's 15 where is the drama of him having to hit those shots on 17 and 18 with a lead. Instead he's hitting them at 5ish shots back and it becomes lack luster. There's no emphasis on it. There's no @MWard saying, ok dude you have 1 more difficult tee ball to keep dry.

becuase they pressure on each hole in those situations changes by when you play them and where you are in relation to the lead. Part of what makes those closing holes so damn special to watch on a day like today is that you have to play them to finish up the round. For instance...Scheffler started 5 shots back. Shotgun start he's starting on what hole? 5 or 15? If it's 15 where is the drama of him having to hit those shots on 17 and 18 with a lead. Instead he's hitting them at 5ish shots back and it becomes lack luster. There's no emphasis on it. There's no @MWard saying, ok dude you have 1 more difficult tee ball to keep dry.
Billion percent. Hey guys, let’s finish on 6, wait what? There’s little risk there, this is dumb. I wasn’t in contention at 6, I was at 18!

I'm going to say it....a shotgun start would have totally not been as much fun
ONE...MILLIONNNNNN PERCENT

And really starting on the tee at 13 is when the pucker factor starts to build and it doesn’t end until your on the green on 18… Pete dye is diabolical with that back 9

crap...too many people agree with me now. What have I become?

This is a part of liv that doesn't need to exist. Just tee off normally. The fields are small enough as it is

Pretty insane stat:

And really starting on the tee at 13 is when the pucker factor starts to build and it doesn’t end until your on the green on 18… Pete dye is diabolical with that back 9
absolutely. The course design helps tell the story of the tournament in a way. Doing it 54 style, it would not have the same feeling.

Back