2024 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

It was incredibly helpful. Thank you. I don't know that I need super clean but wanted something better than what I was eating. I appreciate all the suggestions.
I am sure I forgot a lot here too, so if you find one and you are curious about it you can always shoot me a message, chances are I have tried it haha.

Kinda fell off the wagon the last two weeks. It's been so hectic here. Gonna buckle back down....tomorrow! HAHA

It was incredibly helpful. Thank you. I don't know that I need super clean but wanted something better than what I was eating. I appreciate all the suggestions.
I’ve heard from trainer types the Quest are the way to go but for me I may as well just tape them to my arse or gut because I don’t process them well or something and just gain weight with them

I’ve heard from trainer types the Quest are the way to go but for me I may as well just tape them to my arse or gut because I don’t process them well or something and just gain weight with them
Never been a fan of them.

I am sure I forgot a lot here too, so if you find one and you are curious about it you can always shoot me a message, chances are I have tried it haha.
I did find these tonight. Bought them before realizing their were meal replacements at like 400+ calories.

1000013367.jpg

Haha, always read the macros. Can you break them in half maybe and just eat half at a time? Or I guess breakfast on the go?
Not a bad idea.

Mid-week weigh in today shows unspectacular but steady progress. I’m on the cusp of breaking through the 220 threshold, which will be awesome.

I did find these tonight. Bought them before realizing their were meal replacements at like 400+ calories.

View attachment 9257548
Be careful of those MET-Rx bars, those things are calorie overload and full of all kinds of stuff.

Be careful of those MET-Rx bars, those things are calorie overload and full of all kinds of stuff.
Yeah I will not be purchasing them again. They taste fine, but they're way too much.

Yeah I will not be purchasing them again. They taste fine, but they're way too much.
Their fruity cereal bar is one of my favorites, but comparing nutrition, it's better to have a snickers bar. Lol.

Official weigh in day.

I have broken through the 220 lb threshold. I’m down over 25 lbs since early March. Clothes fit different - I’m moving into new sizes. All really great stuff.

Seeing pics of myself at WWGC, it's time to get back on the stick.

I've gained and lost the same 20 lbs 4 times over the last 20 years.

The first time was doing Atkins (before low carb was cool) - It worked great. I got down to almost too low a weight. But it feels like you never shed weight low carb as easily as that first time. After a few years, I got back into the carbs and the weight came back on.

The second time was counting calories. I religiously logged everything into Lose It. My weakness is snacking between meals and logging it kept me honest.

The third time was deciding to do a 5k. I did a couch to 5k program from literal ground zero - couldn't run a minute without running out of breath. I did a 5k, then another...then a few 10ks and eventually did HMs and was running 25-30 miles a week. I could eat anything back then I was I was burning so many calories.

The last time was going all in with intermittent fasting.

But eventually covid came around. Now I WFH 4 days a week. I'm sedentary and have the pantry right there. I gained the 20 lbs I fought with and another 15 for good measure.

It's been hard to want to scale the mountain again...but I'd been avoiding the camera for a reason. I LOVED the time in Briggs Ranch. Those pics told me it's time to lose a bit of weight before the next event!

I have fought my weight since I was about 12 years old. I've previously walked through seasons in which I lost some weight: at times through unsustainable fad diets, on occasion using a pill or drink mix, and once by spending 35 days in the hospital post septic shock. I'm 5'9", so not a tall guy, and weighed in at 270 lbs at my heaviest. I was sick and tired. Literally. Absolutely miserable. Last April, after gaining back up to 240 lbs, I decided I hadn't survived sepsis to spend my second chance at life as a fat, tired sickling so I made changes.

It was important to me that changes be sustainable and not cut me off from the rest of my world. I began making changes (limited seed oils, limited sugar, and tried to make "better" food decisions at least 80% of the time). I began to lose weight slowly, but consistently, and saw my weight drop to 200 lbs by the beginning of November 2023. For the first time, I began to believe that reaching 100 lbs lost was realistically possible so I cleaned up my eating and drinking habits even further. I continued to enjoy the foods I wanted at times, but was eating clean the vast majority of meals so I didn't worry about the occasional pizza/ice cream/etc...I did, however, cut out all alcohol for a season. I allowed myself to have some freedom at times and it kept me from feeling suffocated.

While I'm not quite to my total weight-loss of 100 lbs (from my heaviest), I am only 3 lbs away! I've gone from a 44 pant (waist) to 29 and XXL shirts to S/M. I share this to say that I am far from the most disciplined person, am on the run constantly following my kids' activities, have struggled with my weight for literally 31 years of my life, and even I was able to see progress with consistency. Don't give up and allow yourself to forget how worth it you are.

892B6A20-3185-4F80-B5FC-7CF686D04152.jpeg

Last edited:
I have fought my weight since I was about 12 years old. I've previously walked through seasons in which I lost some weight: at times through unsustainable fad diets, on occasion using a pill or drink mix, and once by spending 35 days in the hospital post septic shock. I'm 5'9", so not a tall guy, and weighed in at 270 lbs at my heaviest. I was sick and tired. Literally. Absolutely miserable. Last April, after gaining back up to 240 lbs, I decided I hadn't survived sepsis to spend my second chance at life as a fat, tired sickling so I made changes.

It was important to me that changes be sustainable and not cut me off from the rest of my world. I began making changes (limited seed oils, limited sugar, and tried to make "better" food decisions at least 80% of the time. I began to lose weight slowly, but consistently, and saw my weight drop to 200 lbs by the beginning of November 2023. For the first time, I began to believe that reaching 100 lbs lost was realistically possible so I cleaned up my eating and drinking habits even further. I continued to enjoy the foods I wanted at times, but was eating cleaning the vast majority of meals so I didn't worry about the occasional pizza/ice cream/etc...I did, however, cut out all alcohol for a season. I allowed myself to have some freedom at times and it kept me from feeling suffocated.

While I'm not quite to my total weight-loss of 100 lbs (from my heaviest), I am only 3 lbs away! I've gone from a 44 pant (waist) to 29 and XXL shirts to S/M. I share this to say that I am far from the most disciplined person, am on the run constantly following my kids' activities, have struggled with my weight for literally 31 years of my life, and even I was able to see progress with consistency. Don't give up and allow yourself to forget how worth it you are.

View attachment 9260358
Damn good work bro! Looking great! Need to bring back that 'stache!

It was important to me that changes be sustainable and not cut me off from the rest of my world. I began making changes (limited seed oils, limited sugar, and tried to make "better" food decisions at least 80% of the time. I began to lose weight slowly, but consistently, and saw my weight drop to 200 lbs by the beginning of November 2023. For the first time, I began to believe that reaching 100 lbs lost was realistically possible so I cleaned up my eating and drinking habits even further. I continued to enjoy the foods I wanted at times, but was eating cleaning the vast majority of meals so I didn't worry about the occasional pizza/ice cream/etc...I did, however, cut out all alcohol for a season. I allowed myself to have some freedom at times and it kept me from feeling suffocated.

View attachment 9260358
I fully expect this out of @bigbov and @Joshnoble01 in our challenge.
Man that is incredible. Just awesome transformation.

Damn good work bro! Looking great! Need to bring back that 'stache!
Thank you! I'm actually about 8 lbs down since the "after" picture, as well. My goal is within my sights.

Haha! I do miss that stache. CFA made me cut my beard, but had no rules against the mustache. They didn't like it, but I rocked it. Who knows, maybe it'll make a comeback before September.

View attachment 9260358
That is awesome! Congratulations and thanks for sharing

View attachment 9260358
Dude.. amazing. You look fantastic and I'm sure you feel the same. I have JB written on a beam in my basement where I workout for motivation and tonight I will also write Redd. Thanks for being the example.
I fully expect this out of us as well. I would love for Josh & I to post pics like that.

I was at 296 last week and 56.6 down since August 30 last year. Defintely shooting for 100 by August 30, 2024..

Congrat @Redd. I know how hard you have worked to get there. Inspirational for a lot of us.

Dude.. amazing. You look fantastic and I'm sure you feel the same. I have JB written on a beam in my basement where I workout for motivation and tonight I will also write Redd. Thanks for being the example.

I fully expect this out of us as well. I would love for Josh & I to post pics like that.
We'll have to snap a selfie like the final picture at Briggs. I am sure there will be some difference.

I can promise you it will be different. Might have to take it on day 1 before we get a few pound of beer bloat from the Yeunglings I am going to consume though. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Agreed.

As I posted above… @Redd has made the motivation beam next to @JB

IMG_3034.jpeg

Back