2024 Wilson Staff Model Golf Balls

Wanted to update again as I played on Sunday after we had finally dried out a lot before more rain is coming before I play on Friday. Then spent about 90 minutes yesterday working on some chips 75 yards and in.

The ball really does get up there in the air. But the feel, to me, is addicting. The firm part of the inner core that has the soft wrapping around it really makes a good sounding hit. Durability continues to stay strong. Played the entire 18 with one ball and the only issue was that the marks I put on the ball to know it was mine (which is ironic since no one really plays Wilson) had dulled from being in the ball washer.

What I love about these though is their work on the green. They really, to me, do a great job of gripping the green when you get it there. In my round I had a few bump and run scenarios and the roll was solid. I attempted a flop out of a greenside bunker and when it hit the ground it came to a stop quickly, which was really my first successful flop ever. Guess all that practice has helped.

Yesterday while continuing on my short game work, that continued. If I put the ball close to the hole in the air, it came to stop quickly. The grip is something else. And I love this ball off the putter. Consistent role. The softer feel really gives me the sense of the ball speed I'm hitting with, so the ball is staying close to the hole and I'm seeing less extra short/long hits.

I'm sure some of the premium brands out there have similar experiences. But at $33 a dozen when you buy 2/get 1 free, you know I just ordered another one.

After waaaaaayyyy to much work on figuring out golf balls, Staff is the keeper for me.

Side note: I did pick up a sleeve of the X's and I feel like my swing isn't strong enough for it. But that also could be because I love the standard Staff model that much.

Anyone have any experience with Maple Hill Golf?

You can get three dozen of the yellow for 75 dollars? I saw there was some scuffing the @Iceman! pointed out. But still at that price I was thinking of taking a chance on them....thought?

https://maplehillgolf.com/wilson-st...prTU-fSAO8kB7CNszSwl73lESeMhspE8aAp-5EALw_wcB
I've ordered from them and been to their golf shows with no issues, they seem solid.

Also just noting these are the prior gen balls if that matters to you

I've ordered from them and been to their golf shows with no issues, they seem solid.

Also just noting these are the prior gen balls if that matters to you
Ok that is what I thought.

Thank You

The Staff Model X opened my eyes. Was a top performer in my fitting. One bad round with the driver doomed it from being the overall winner, but I could game this golf ball with no problem. Also, don’t sleep on the Triad.

Wrote about the crazy wind I was playing in. So I took some other balls, including the guys I was playing with, and played around with them. Course was empty which allowed a lot of multiple hits from the same place. Focused on the par threes and other iron shots more than the driver for this.

I really felt that the Wilson performed to the ballnamic scoring of its work through the wind, which tends to be the highest score. Hitting info 25+ mph winds on a par 3 185 ish hole was tricky. One guy with his normal TP5 hit driver to reach the green on a par 3. I gave him 2 Wilson’s and asked him to club down a bit and see what he saw. First hit he tried to hard, but the second one he got there with a 5 wood. He’s got one of those really effortless swings but he’s maybe hitting 90 mph on club speed and the ball made the differendie.

As for me, I continued to see just better yardage into the wind with these than others. My irons do tend to get up into the air, but I was only clubbing up one for most of these shots while the others were clubbing up 2. I felt the ball made a difference.

Got a sleeve of the Staff Model yesterday to try out today. Put them in play on the back nine after playing the Chrome Tour on the front, which has been my ball since it came out. I thought the CT was fast...

Holy crap. :eek: The Staff Model may be the fastest ball I have ever played. And not by a little. This thing is a freaking ballistic missile off the face.

First swing with the SM was my longest drive of the day. Only hit three total drives well on the back but for a comparison between the CT and the WSM in this small sample size:

CT average on front: 217.0
WSM avg on back: 237.7 (+20.7 yards)

CT shortest: 214
WSM shortest: 232 (+18)

CT longest: 221
WSM longest: 247 (+26) (There was a little wind helping on this longest, but not 26 yards of wind at all)

Was also at least half a club longer on irons and wedges. First wedge I had around 64 to the flat at the back of the green so I hit a half sand wedge, which is my 54 yard shot, to land it short, a little release, leave an uphill putt on that green. Ball carried to the pin and bounced off the back. I played for that extra carry on 18 with a pitch from a similar yardage, had it land just short of the pin, hop and spin, left me with a 5 footer.

Maybe a hair firmer in feel than I would prefer, maybe feels more like the CTx, but it is soft enough to be playable, especially if it gives me that kind of distance.

I've got a lot of CT balls left to lose, but if the Staff Model keeps doing THAT for me, there's no way I can give up those kinds of distance gains. That's a full 1.5-2 clubs of iron distance. I'd be crazy, right?

It is also fast off the putter face, so I did blast my first few putts with it past the hole, but since my predominant miss with putter is short, that may not be a bad thing. Just needs some adjusting to is all.

Further sim testing and course play required, but.... like... daaaaaa-mn.

Love that breakdown. Always good to see someone else getting similar results with the performance!

Do we know how long the B2G1 deal will be going?

Got a sleeve of the Staff Model yesterday to try out today. Put them in play on the back nine after playing the Chrome Tour on the front, which has been my ball since it came out. I thought the CT was fast...

Holy crap. :eek: The Staff Model may be the fastest ball I have ever played. And not by a little. This thing is a freaking ballistic missile off the face.

First swing with the SM was my longest drive of the day. Only hit three total drives well on the back but for a comparison between the CT and the WSM in this small sample size:

CT average on front: 217.0
WSM avg on back: 237.7 (+20.7 yards)

CT shortest: 214
WSM shortest: 232 (+18)

CT longest: 221
WSM longest: 247 (+26) (There was a little wind helping on this longest, but not 26 yards of wind at all)

Was also at least half a club longer on irons and wedges. First wedge I had around 64 to the flat at the back of the green so I hit a half sand wedge, which is my 54 yard shot, to land it short, a little release, leave an uphill putt on that green. Ball carried to the pin and bounced off the back. I played for that extra carry on 18 with a pitch from a similar yardage, had it land just short of the pin, hop and spin, left me with a 5 footer.

Maybe a hair firmer in feel than I would prefer, maybe feels more like the CTx, but it is soft enough to be playable, especially if it gives me that kind of distance.

I've got a lot of CT balls left to lose, but if the Staff Model keeps doing THAT for me, there's no way I can give up those kinds of distance gains. That's a full 1.5-2 clubs of iron distance. I'd be crazy, right?

It is also fast off the putter face, so I did blast my first few putts with it past the hole, but since my predominant miss with putter is short, that may not be a bad thing. Just needs some adjusting to is all.

Further sim testing and course play required, but.... like... daaaaaa-mn.
For speed, it’s the standard Staff Model and the Chrome Tour and Chrome Tour X for me this year. Impressive.

Do we know how long the B2G1 deal will be going?
Shhhhhh...Don't wake them up and they end up cancelling it.
I haven't seen an end date on the Wilson site.

Last edited:
Shhhhhh...Don't wake them up and they end up cancelling it.
I haven't seen a end date on the Wilson site.

I'm going to assume it MIGHT be the end of April, which means I have a week to decide if I want to switch. Just in case.

Going to get it on the ST+ here soon, but my on-course impression was very strong. Nice feel and seemed to fly off the driver.

Going to get it on the ST+ here soon, but my on-course impression was very strong. Nice feel and seemed to fly off the driver.
I’m so so so impressed by it. Especially at the cost.

Maybe I missed it in this thread, has anybody been able to compare to last years staff model? Similar speed/flight/spin?

Maybe I missed it in this thread, has anybody been able to compare to last years staff model? Similar speed/flight/spin?
I don't believe so.

I'm going to assume it MIGHT be the end of April, which means I have a week to decide if I want to switch. Just in case.

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Ok, so, I like these.

They’re really quite fast. Spin is good. They’re launch monitor darlings.

But, MAN they’re getting beat up fast on the course, and I’m just talking via normal play, not off-road golf.

Luckily I suck and live in Florida with water everywhere. I rarely need a ball to last more than 9-18 holes at best lol

I ordered my B2G1 from PGA SS two days ago and got my delivery today. Hit some 7 irons with CT and the WSM and the Wilson was a good 1-3 mph faster on the sim.

Luckily I suck and live in Florida with water everywhere. I rarely need a ball to last more than 9-18 holes at best lol

I ordered my B2G1 from PGA SS two days ago and got my delivery today. Hit some 7 irons with CT and the WSM and the Wilson was a good 1-3 mph faster on the sim.
I saw issues after two holes with two firm wedges. I wasn’t very thrilled.

Ok, so, I like these.

They’re really quite fast. Spin is good. They’re launch monitor darlings.

But, MAN they’re getting beat up fast on the course, and I’m just talking via normal play, not off-road golf.

I might be out before I even get in... I play a LOT of off road golf.

I haven’t seen those issues at all, but I might not wedge like you. I has two shots yesterday where I saw a bit of ball on the wedge but the ball was still smooth and no scuffs.

Played them in a scramble today. So perfect for me off the driver I can’t believe it. Just long and the right amount of spin. Good everywhere else, too, but they are really just perfect for my driver and swing.

I just picked up some of these. Early indications are impressive..

Back