430 cc or 460 cc?

Golflife

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everyone, I don't consider my self a guy to play forged blades or anything but I love to work the ball off the tee. I currently play a Ping G15 which I really like but sometimes the ball flight straightens out too much. Should I consider going to a smaller club head for driver? Thoughts?

Last edited:
430 cc or 460 cc?

Nope. The G15 is fine. I would work on technique if you want to work the ball off the tee

Last edited:
If you feel like you can still be consistent with it, then yes a smaller head would make it easier to work the ball.

wish I had that problem :)

G15 or i15? Sure some clubs might help but knowing how to hit a draw and a fade is a must

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Always been more of a fan of the smaller club heads.... I would go with the 430

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Sorry, I tried to edit, G15, which I do really like other than the occasional miss if I try to work it too much

First off, welcome to THP.

I would work on technique for working the ball. Shouldn't have to rely on the club to aid you in that. There are lots of guys who work the ball both directions with 460 heads.

First off, welcome to THP.

I would work on technique for working the ball. Shouldn't have to rely on the club to aid you in that. There are lots of guys who work the ball both directions with 460 heads.

And a few if those guys do it in purpose

:bulgy-eyes:

I play a G25 12 degree and can draw and fade high and low pretty easily. Over exaggerating your swing when shaping the driver really helps.

Welcome to THP! If those G15s make the ball fly too straight, I should probably give them a shot! :D

Welcome to THP! If those G15s make the ball fly too straight, I should probably give them a shot! :D

Ha yeah I can move it well at times but others it does straighten out, nice driver for people looking.

Ha yeah I can move it well at times but others it does straighten out, nice driver for people looking.

Which ball are you playing? Some balls turn a little better than other as well.

Which ball are you playing? Some balls turn a little better than other as well.

Srixon Z-Star, has nice feel and performs well around the greens. I probably am just not as consistent trying to move the ball especially left to right.

The Z-star is a solid ball but working the ball would be a good question for Freddie, he can get you going in the right direction buddy.

I would think the 430 for working the ball but to me it really comes down to just how much forgiveness you want as the ball will work both ways with the 460 too.

Personally I would opt for the bigger head and forgiveness. How many of us really need to work the ball with driver? Id just like to hit it straight more consistently

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I can honestly say that I've never looked at a driver for workability. if I am trying to be that particular off the tee, it's generally with a three wood or below.

Certainly you're going to find less forgiveness (and I guess that relates to workability) with a smaller CCed head. I got fit for one due to reduced spin and me being able to get it around my swing better, but it's entirely each to their own.

Enjoy the process. 430 shouldn't scare anybody, but it's certainly not for everyone.

Give me 460cc all day, I want a bigger surface area every single day of the week.

Like others, I'm not usually looking to work my driver, in fact I'm trying to do the opposite; it curves when I want it to go straight. I think 430 would be more workable but just make sure that's what you want before giving up the forgiveness.

I want a 500cc driver if that'll help me to stop "working" the ball!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Back