56 range buckets to better golf….

hadi05

Just happy to be here! Also Bald...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
15ish
This past year has been one of the strangest in all my years playing golf….

My year started off great. Enjoyed how I was playing. I was blessed to be able to test some amazing golf iron shafts. See my signature to look at the DART V’s!

Then one round I imploded. That turned into another, then another, yep another until I just walked away. I felt completely defeated. I had to do some soul searching not only in golf, but in life as well.

I always tell my son that how we approach a shot and respond on the golf course is a direct reflection of who we truly are. I reflected on that myself and realized I needed a change…

****EDIT****

The significance of the 56 buckets, is that is what the local range had on Black Friday special for these. It has 2 cards labeled 1 to 28 and 29 to 56. So each punch will carry a significance for my both physically, mentally and spiritually. My goal is to do at least 4 punches per month, or more depending on the weather. I will reflect before and after each session on the punches significance.

So, here we are 56 buckets of range balls. Each bucket will have a literal and philosophical significance to help me improve my golf game and more importantly my life…

Hadi05~

Last edited:
Good luck! Probably want to combine this with 99 bottles of beer on the wall too!

Been there bro. I got all the way down to my lowest cap ever by mid summer and then just completely lost it and ended the year added back 3.5 strokes to my cap.

I'm kinda working my way out of it now that the season has ended. Very curious why you picked 56 range buckets? Is there some kind of significance behind the number? What is your plan to get it back inside of that 56 time frame?

This was exactly what happened to me back 2 summers ago (game wise) and what made me hire my coach. Personally I have dedicated myself to God more and to my coaches program and man the improvement I've seen in my personal and golf life. Not pushing religion at all, just stating what helped me.

Wish you the best in your journey!!

I'm glad you're taking time for some self reflection. It's needed in this game, and in life. I think you're going to come out of this stronger, and better all around, because of it!

Dude. I know the feeling. I'll admit I'm missing the significance of 56 buckets but I hope you're able to find what you're looking for and your golf game comes back.

Been there bro. I got all the way down to my lowest cap ever by mid summer and then just completely lost it and ended the year added back 3.5 strokes to my cap.

I'm kinda working my way out of it now that the season has ended. Very curious why you picked 56 range buckets? Is there some kind of significance behind the number? What is your plan to get it back inside of that 56 time frame?

The significance of the 56 buckets, is that is what the local range had on Black Friday special for these. It has 2 cards labeled 1 to 28 and 29 to 56. So each punch will carry a significance for my both physically, mentally and spiritually. My goal is to do at least 4 punches per month, or more depending on the weather. I will reflect before and after each session on the punches significance.

My goal of this experience as it pertains for golf, is that when I walk on the course I will feel confident to perform my routines with excellence and be very willing to submit to the results of each shot and move on.

This was exactly what happened to me back 2 summers ago (game wise) and what made me hire my coach. Personally I have dedicated myself to God more and to my coaches program and man the improvement I've seen in my personal and golf life. Not pushing religion at all, just stating what helped me.

Oh trust me. He is definitely going to be heavily involved in this journey as well. That is part of what happened, IMO.

My goal of this experience as it pertains for golf, is that when I walk on the course I will feel confident to perform my routines with excellence and be very willing to submit to the results of each shot and move on.
Love that.

Something I've done at the range when I really need it to translate to the course is to play my home course in my head. What I mean by that is hit driver to a certain target, then my approach club, then a chippy little wedge to a specific distance. All while performing my pre-shot routine before every swing. It probably looks weird to a lot of people there but there is never ever a situation on course where I'm going to groove 10 shots with 7i from the same spot.

I wish you the best in your journey back to the level of golf you'd like to play and more importantly the satisfaction in your life that you seek.

Love that.

Something I've done at the range when I really need it to translate to the course is to play my home course. What I mean by that is hit driver to a certain target, then my approach club, then a chippy little wedge to a specific distance. All while performing my pre-shot routine before every swing. It probably looks weird to a lot of people there but there is never ever a situation on course where I'm going to groove 10 shots with 7i from the same spot.

I wish you the best in your journey back to the level of golf you'd like to play and more importantly the satisfaction in your life that you seek.

I am definitely going to incorporate a certain % of golf balls in each bucket for exactly that. My plan here for that is to think about 56 different holes I've played and what clubs were required to hit the green and go at it.

Good luck! Grind time :)

Blessings for your journey.

Oh trust me. He is definitely going to be heavily involved in this journey as well. That is part of what happened, IMO.
That's great to hear man. If you ever want to chat offline, let me know!

You'll be back in no time. Have fun in the pursuit.

Good ol golf screwing with you all the time. I like the thought process with the buckets of balls. Good luck on the journey!

You got this @hadi05 just focus on the end result and stay positive!

Good luck, my friend!

Hit me up if you need reminded that you have a HIO on a par 4…or is it two HIOs?! 😎

Good luck @hadi05! Change is tough, but it’s always a good thing to work on yourself. The results will be worth it, for golf or otherwise.

Interesting. Good luck.

Good luck dude! This place is better with your product reviews and discussion! You got this

Good luck as I will be following along. Keep punching brother.

Best of luck @hadi05, sounds like you have a solid foundation for success!

Be careful - beating range balls mindlessly with a flawed swing will only further ingrain the flaws. Definitely have a plan each time you practice, and good luck to you!!

Back