56 range buckets to better golf….

Bucket # 15 A new preshot routine using mindset principles.

View attachment 9245486

@Canadan and the most recent Off Course podcast with Bridgestone really got me thinking. I need to think less and visualize more……. Listen to the podcast for a lot more details.

If I’m honest I struggle with too many thoughts when I’m over the ball. When I was playing my best I didn’t think. When I started to struggle last year all I did was keep telling myself things. I spiraled down

During the bucket I committed to 75 shots using the exact same routine.

1. Stand 4 to 5 yards behind the ball in line with my target and pick my club (I had my bag about 15’ away from the mat.
2. Set my face angle with the club in hand.
3. Close my eyes and visualize the shot then doing my alignment line.
4. Commit to that shot with confidence
5. Walk up to the ball and set my stance thinking of nothing
6. Swing with confidence.

The results were outstanding! Did I hit every shot well. Absolutely not. Did I have comfort in my routine yes. What was best was my swing was so much more fluid than it has been.

When I had bad shots I wanted to rush. I forced myself to slow back down and visualize and trust the process.

I left the range session feeling great about what I had accomplished. More importantly I trusted myself and accepted the result.

I didn’t do a random hole as I wanted to focus on this and I’ll probably do another couple of buckets focusing on this.

Visualizing is both powerful and freeing all at the same time. Taking the time to visualize what you want to do can be a game changer in both your personal life and on the course……….
Awesome!!

I played best when I'm in this type of mindful setup. Stand behind the ball and visualize. Then when I step up to the ball I'm in the go zone and I seem to 2nd guess a lot less. Glad you had a good session, and excited to see how it continues!

Glad to hear that this works for you too. My question is ….

If this works so well, why don’t we always do it? This is what I’m reflecting on and how to do this more…

Glad to hear that this works for you too. My question is ….

If this works so well, why don’t we always do it? This is what I’m reflecting on and how to do this more…
Like much in life, we have lots of distractions. It keeps us from focusing on the present moment. We're thinking about that last shot, instead of what's right in front of us. If we want to get better, we need to develop the habit.

Like much in life, we have lots of distractions. It keeps us from focusing on the present moment. We're thinking about that last shot, instead of what's right in front of us. If we want to get better, we need to develop the habit.

I agree! And sometimes for me it is, I stumbled and fell (didn’t get the outcome I desired), so abandon it. Which in hindsight isn’t right.

I agree! And sometimes for me it is, I stumbled and fell (didn’t get the outcome I desired), so abandon it. Which in hindsight isn’t right.
It's amazing that my driver can be my best club, but I hit 2 or 3 bad drives and I'm not going to pull it again. It's all mental.

I played 18 yesterday and played much better than I did most of last year. This practice with intent and randomness at times is paying off. Many of my off course lessons are coming to fruition too

Range sessions are getting an upgrade! I lucked into a Flightscope Mevo+ w/pro package installed! Hoping to get something set-up at home outside as well for testing purposes.

Back