$69.99 putter beats $299+ putter out of my bag

mastapp

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone ever have this happen? I'm now gaming a Golfsmith special MacGregor Response 2503 with a $.99 Avon Tour Chamois grip. This beat out my Cameron California Del Mar that I also spent an extra $50 on heavier weights and a special weight tool. It is amazing how much more confident I feel over the ball with this new putter and the look suits my eye better than the Cameron.

I'd seriously recommend anyone who uses a heel shafted putter with a moderate arc to check one of these out.

Roll em' well!
Michael

Never had that happen with a putter per say, but I do have a old Snake Eyes 7W in the bag that isn't going anywhere! Congrats on the new flatstick. Any in hand pics?

Your Snake Eyes story reminds me of my driver situation. I'm playing an old Hogan CS-3 that I've tried everything I can think of to make it go away...to no avail. I'll play it till it cracks.

No pics yet, but here is a stock photo, compliments of Golfsmith.

MGP30_im__2503___4_gsi

Congrats on fining a flatstick that works for you, confidence in the tool is key, no matter the price.

And congrats on getting the scooter out of the bag too. Hehe

Congrats on fining a flatstick that works for you, confidence in the tool is key, no matter the price.

And congrats on getting the scooter out of the bag too. Hehe

I agree. The ball could care less how much the putter cost. As long as it works for you, that is all that matters.

So since you're not using the Scotty...is it for sale? ;)

Ha! Everything I own is for sale!

PM me a price and length of the putter!

I like the MacGregors a lot. They have an interesting face.

I don't reckon I've ever seen a MacGregor putter to roll.

I don't reckon I've ever seen a MacGregor putter to roll.
Golfsmith down this way has a huge section of them. Pretty much any design of putter, has been duplicated by McGregor.

Cleveland Classic putters have won on tour...they are only like 70 bucks.

I like the MacGregors a lot. They have an interesting face.

Agree. It isn't a spongy insert like the Odyssey and the "texture" gets it rolling quickly. These are a good flatstick, no doubt.

I wanted the white one, but it is basically white paint over the one I currently have, and most of them in the store were chipped up pretty noticeably.

seen these at GolfSmith.. may have to try one out next time I am there!

Just like anything else, the cheapest putter that fits you well is better than the nicest one if its not a good fit.

I have become a big fan of the #9 putters similar to the one you have. I bought the one I'm gaming for $30 from a forum member.

seen these at GolfSmith.. may have to try one out next time I am there!

Definitely recommended. If you buy, may I suggest the first thing you do is cut off the sorry @ss grip that comes stock and replace it with something you are comfortable with. The grip is terrible.

Just like anything else, the cheapest putter that fits you well is better than the nicest one if its not a good fit.

I have become a big fan of the #9 putters similar to the one you have. I bought the one I'm gaming for $30 from a forum member.

Agreed. It wasn't that the Cameron isn't a very nice putter and it actually fit my eye very well.

However, I just seem to make or at least get to tap-in range on long putts much more often with the MacGregor. They are about the same from 8 feet in.

I use a CCBP 6 that booted my #7 from the bag. Cost me 10 bucks brand new.

Back