A Regional THP Call Out

D

id I mention I’m adoptable?

I think when the blast furnace shuts off you need to come gain a better perspective on life in AZ.

I think when the blast furnace shuts off you need to come gain a better perspective on life in AZ.
We are coming in October. I’ll make your October event.

I heard that. Can't wait to meet you and Tee it up! Poston Buttes is a great track.

1598660194023.png

You get bonus points for hitting the water around all those islands?

Water??? :ROFLMAO:

they save all of that for later in the round.

I think the big decision between TX & FL is which state has better tacos.

If you're completely honest with yourself, you probably already know the answer to that, but to reassure you that you are right - I will say that the absolute best tacos in all of TX are here in Austin. We have everything from authentic Mexican style to fancy eclectic places. Some of the food trucks in the area are incredible as well. Last check there were over 1200 food trucks in Austin. Food is a competitive sport here and tacos are considered one of the big league menu items.

I would never eat a taco in Florida. Dominican and Cuban!

Texas can make a claim on a taco. But is that their best local cuisine?

Not sure what you all are waiting for. You know other families wanna adopt too. ;)
Consider yourself adopted. We're not gonna risk losing out on you, brother. Now, get your a$$ to Arizona! (y)

Last edited:
I would never eat a taco in Florida. Dominican and Cuban!

Texas can make a claim on a taco. But is that their best local cuisine?
Depends. Austin has EVERYTHING and most of it is great or it will not stay in business for long. I would say it became most known for BBQ, but Mexican food is at the heart of everything Texas. You can find anything you are craving here and it will be outstanding.

I am so disappointed in my New England brethren! :(

There is a whole discussion about how awesome Rocco’s Tacos was in the Graphite Challenge thread. Florida has great tacos, and just about anything else you would want. We are a melting pot, of sorts.

lol we have great Mexican tacos here so don’t listen to whoever suggested you sell us on tacos

Okay, a few more great things about Texas.

Kolaches

WLpHX5N.jpg

My favorite savory kolache is jalapeno sausage and cheese.

phpThumb_generated_thumbnail.jpeg

Its hard to beat the standard sweet cream cheese kolache but pecan pie is outstanding.

Frio-River1.png

How about a lazy float trip down a crystal clear Texas river.

920x920.jpg

Shiner Bock out of an icy cooler.

Okay, a few more great things about Texas.

Kolaches

View attachment 8960845

My favorite savory kolache is jalapeno sausage and cheese.

View attachment 8960846

Its hard to beat the standard sweet cream cheese kolache but pecan pie is outstanding.

View attachment 8960847

How about a lazy float trip down a crystal clear Texas river.

View attachment 8960848

Shiner Bock out of an icy cooler.
+1 on the Kolaches. I'd never had them before I went to Texas to work in the oilfield. Straight up breakfast goodness!

lol we have great Mexican tacos here so don’t listen to whoever suggested you sell us on tacos
Though, I love the food posts and their utilization to help sway the vote, I have to admit that I chuckled a little when posters started using tacos as a bargaining chip. I'm thinking "Um, you know we live in AZ, right? We might just have a few people here from Mexico that are pretty adept at the whole taco thing"
:LOL:

Though, I love the food posts and their utilization to help sway the vote, I have to admit that I chuckled a little when posters started using tacos as a bargaining chip. I'm thinking "Um, you know we live in AZ, right? We might just have a few people here from Mexico that are pretty adept at the whole taco thing"
:LOL:
I have 6 Mexican food places within 4 minutes of my house, all of which are local and Hispanic owned/operated. No shortage of options for tacos or burritos over here lol

You know what Florida has that these other places don't?

Me.

I rest our case. We'll see you next year.

Does this mean you want to be added to the schedule for October?

We are going to have our vote on 9/20 for our We Ko Pa event. This thread has been amazing. Love hearing from THPers from different regions.

Does this mean you want to be added to the schedule for October?
I would yes. I know it’s been mentioned but what’s the date and location? We are planning our trip now. We will be driving because I don’t want to be on an airplane right now.

Back