A Spikes Conservation - Why aren't current spikes enough for you @templeton??

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
Why do you need metal? What's wrong with current spikes and what do they need to do to them to bring them up to par with the old tech of metal spikes?

Non - @Templet0n s please answer as well. What do you want to see in the future of spikes?

I'm good with spikeless, don't need any "new tech" in the spikes themselves.

Why do you need metal? What's wrong with current spikes and what do they need to do to them to bring them up to par with the old tech of metal spikes?

Non - @Templet0n s please answer as well. What do you want to see in the future of spikes?
Because they “are” better.. and, plastic does not crunch through the parking lot..

I'm good with spikeless, don't need any "new tech" in the spikes themselves.
What about old tech? Aka metals. Aka the greens killers. Aka the nice things we can't have because of others? 😆

People just have nostalgia for the sound of metal.

That said, I’ll argue foot draggers in soft spikes do as much, if not more in some cases, damage.

I don’t think anyone would actually want metal spikes if they wore them once at this point. Totally nostalgia based.

What about old tech? Aka metals. Aka the greens killers. Aka the nice things we can't have because of others? 😆
What about them? I wore them for years, have no need or desire to go back to them.

I don’t think anyone would actually want metal spikes if they wore them once at this point. Totally nostalgia based.
Especially if you're a walker.

What are we conserving?
Fiddler On The Roof Broadway GIF by GREAT PERFORMANCES | PBS

(But I'm pretty sure he meant "conversation") ;)

Metal spikes are so unnecessary..

Until I slip, and then I regret everything.
Metal spikes on concrete walkways are like being on ice skates.

That said, I’ll argue foot draggers in soft spikes do as much, if not more in some cases, damage.
So would you like there to be soft spikes that get traction for normals but do less damage by the draggers?

What about them? I wore them for years, have no need or desire to go back to them.
So you're totally satisfied with current spikes and spikeless? What about spikes that could get you 5 more yards? The Squairz of spikes let's say. 😁

7 holes vs 20 little dents per foot. The math favors metal.. lol

So you're totally satisfied with current spikes and spikeless? What about spikes that could get you 5 more yards? The Squairz of spikes let's say. 😁
From what I remember, shoes with metal spikes weren't anywhere near as comfortable as modern shoes. I walk a lot, so I wouldn't trade 5 more yards for my feet being miserable and in pain every round I play.

Leave the ball and clubs as they are and everyone plays in Hey Dudes.

I started out playing golf when metal spikes still existed, and I cannot for the life of me wrap my head around how 7 pins are supposed to provide better traction than 50-plus tips.

So here's a question: what do long-drive competitors wear?

Completely agree. I see it every day when mowing greens or changing pins.

I've never used metal golf spikes so I don't know what I'm missing. Still a nostalgic sound from wearing them for baseball

Was always kind of curious about metal but will obviously never get to use them. I do want to give these a try though.

IMG_0709.jpeg

I can golf just fine in tennis shoes but I’d wear metal spikes tomorrow just for the sound. You know how some of those EVs come with fake engine sounds? Someone needs to invent a modern soft golf shoe that pumps out the sound of a metal spike when you walk.

Back