Accenture Match Play Championship Thread (Spoiler)

What an answer by Rors!

Those two drives were beautiful.

My predictions for today have been awesome.

Probably the best two drives on 15 all day. Come on MAJ!

I'm pulling for Bae just because he's the ultimate "who is he?" in this tournament.

Yeah he came out of nowhere the ultimate underdoog how can u not root for him?

Agreed - we have seen him show up on a few leaderboards here and there but to see him playing here on the weekend would be awesome.

Probably the best two drives on 15 all day. Come on MAJ!

First ones ive seen get all the way to the back shelf. Awesome shots from both.

Short and low side. Ouch.

How great is it to watch the Mechanic, it would be awesome if he can wins a major before hes done playing.

Wow, the Mechanic is still alive. Come on, Miguel!

That 3 wood by rory just now was unbelievable. It's probably 20 yards or more past MAJ DRIVER. And the swing is sooo balanced. Wish I had balance like that. But with my height I probably have to settle for Ernie rhythm...

Thats match. What a shot by Rory.

Yep. Rory just painted the flag. Good match.

I sucked in the fantasy contest for this tourney but my winner is still alive. Go Rors!

Don't know if anyone knew what I was talking about but here it is. Can't beat this.

He changed 3woods? Which one is he playing now?

And 342 yards with 3wood is ridirkulous.

Order of play for Saturday's quarterfinal matches, all times are Eastern. Note the 2 hour gap in between the first 2 matches and the second 2 matches, I can only assume that the gap is for TV reasons.

12:05 pm Peter Hanson vs. Mark Wilson
12:20 pm Matt Kuchar vs. Hunter Mahan
2:05 pm Rory McIlroy vs. Sang-Moon Bae
2:20 pm Lee Westwood vs. Martin Laird

I'm taking Hanson, Kuchar, Bae (my sleeper), and Westy.

Kuch and Mahan will be a great match I think. Curious how Bae does against Rors. I have Rors to win this but would not be sad if Bae was able to take him out.

Order of play for Saturday's quarterfinal matches, all times are Eastern. Note the 2 hour gap in between the first 2 matches and the second 2 matches, I can only assume that the gap is for TV reasons.

12:05 pm Peter Hanson vs. Mark Wilson
12:20 pm Matt Kuchar vs. Hunter Mahan
2:05 pm Rory McIlroy vs. Sang-Moon Bae
2:20 pm Lee Westwood vs. Martin Laird

The gap is for TV, first 2 matches will be on Golf channel, then it goes over to the big network (CBS?)

The gap is for TV, first 2 matches will be on Golf channel, then it goes over to the big network (CBS?)

NBC. cbs is in full out basketball mode until the masters.

so do we go with Sangsanity? Moonsanity? or Baesanity? dude's playing better than lin lately, deserves his own sanity.

Here's to hoping for a rory-wilson final. Physically speaking, might be the shortest final in wgc history.

NBC. cbs is in full out basketball mode until the masters.

so do we go with Sangsanity? Moonsanity? or Baesanity? dude's playing better than lin lately, deserves his own sanity.

Here's to hoping for a rory-wilson final. Physically speaking, might be the shortest final in wgc history.

It would be dubbed the Chunky Challenge.

If Wilson makes it to sunday, I predict he'll make more 3's than the badgers do against ohio state

Hanson, Mahan, Bae, and Westwood.

Giving the kiss of death to Bae since I've picked against him every step of the way until now, lol. Think Mahan can take it with all the birdies he's been making.

I am quite behind here, but I gotta say that Eldrick is awesome.

Back