ACCRA I Series Steel Shafts

picked up another set of iron shafts. Having club champion build my other set with these to D5 - D6 to match my New Level irons

Will be fun to have 2 different blade heads with same shaft and swing weight so I can compare if there are any differences in performance

I'm still playing the 125 in my wedges with good results. They're around m5 or m6 in stiffness.

I was fit into these (the 125s) during a CC fitting, but haven’t pulled the trigger. Hard to find on any 2nd hand markets. Hopefully I’ll find something soon or just pull the trigger through CC. Tightened up my dispersion pretty good.

I was fit into these (the 125s) during a CC fitting, but haven’t pulled the trigger. Hard to find on any 2nd hand markets. Hopefully I’ll find something soon or just pull the trigger through CC. Tightened up my dispersion pretty good.
highly recommend them if you can find them. I bought mine from CC bc I could not find them anywhere either

Otherwise KBS $-taper 125 S+ is a very very close alternative but I personally like the Accra's more

I was actually looking at the MIM’s I played in the MC last year which I’d put these in, I really think fit wise it’s what I never got super comfortable. The feel is excellent, but for me fit is fit, and I don’t think these fit.

highly recommend them if you can find them. I bought mine from CC bc I could not find them anywhere either
Otherwise KBS $-taper 125 S+ is a very very close alternative but I personally like the Accra's more
I was actually looking at the MIM’s I played in the MC last year which I’d put these in, I really think fit wise it’s what I never got super comfortable. The feel is excellent, but for me fit is fit, and I don’t think these fit.

Awesome. Thanks for the thoughts and comparison. I will continue to search!

I tested the s400, x100 vs the Isteel 125 tx flex. All in 50* wedge. I steel won out to put in play.

I tested the s400, x100 vs the Isteel 125 tx flex. All in 50* wedge. I steel won out to put in play.

Why do you think these performed better that then x100s? Could you feel a difference?

Anyone play the wedge version of these?

Why do you think these performed better that then x100s? Could you feel a difference?
Isteel feels different. Dispersion was tighter for me.

I see there's a new red isteel. Different profile you could try.

I see there's a new red isteel. Different profile you could try.
I can’t wait to try the red series. The 125 green are very accurate for me but launch a bit high. If the red lowers my launch then they would be the perfect fit and I can stop trying new shafts

I can’t wait to try the red series. The 125 green are very accurate for me but launch a bit high. If the red lowers my launch then they would be the perfect fit and I can stop trying new shafts
I might end up trying one in a wedge this year.

If I do another iron fitting, I hope I remember to try these

picked up another set of iron shafts. Having club champion build my other set with these to D5 - D6 to match my New Level irons

Will be fun to have 2 different blade heads with same shaft and swing weight so I can compare if there are any differences in performance
How do the 125s compare in a 4 and 5 iron? I've only played them in wedges. I play modus 125 in my irons. My 5 and 4 iron have the stock elevate 95 which I'm sure I will replace.

How do the 125s compare in a 4 and 5 iron? I've only played them in wedges. I play modus 125 in my irons. My 5 and 4 iron have the stock elevate 95 which I'm sure I will replace.
Honestly dont feel heavy at all. I really do like these shafts. I've been to 3 different iron fittings bc Ive been set on wanting to find a graphite option but the Accra 125 always immediately gives the best results

Very easy to elevate and dont play stiff in my opinion

Yeah they feel really stable but some pop to them. I haven't found anything better yet. How was the ballflight and spin in the 4 and 5 iron?

I definitely want to try the red 130gr in a wedge.

Yeah they feel really stable but some pop to them. I haven't found anything better yet. How was the ballflight and spin in the 4 and 5 iron?
Very good. Plenty of height and spin to land a green. I personally would not mix shafts but it would be ideal to get the height from the 125 green in the 4,5,6 and the potential lower launch from the 130 red in the 7,8,9, P

I dig those. Is this expansion into steel part of their acquisition by True Temper?

I have a friend that is playing nearly a whole bag of ACCRA after his fitting at CC.

I just got fit into these. If I make the purchase at some point... I will have a lot of Accra in the bag.

Last edited:
Started looking at wedge shafts and ended up catching up here. Really curious to try these.

I'm still playing the 125 in my wedges with good results. They're around m5 or m6 in stiffness.
What did you have in your irons?

EDIT: saw the later post about modus 125

can anyone provide insight into how to build these? The 0.355 tips claim flex is variable per weight class but I thought you typically don’t trim those? Id assume 105, 115, and 125 play R, S, and X and then you can step as needed but would appreciate input. ( maybe @Jman?)

can anyone provide insight into how to build these? The 0.355 tips claim flex is variable per weight class but I thought you typically don’t trim those? Id assume 105, 115, and 125 play R, S, and X and then you can step as needed but would appreciate input. ( maybe @Jman?)
No tipping, and yeah basically their weights are the flex in them. So you can indeed hard or soft step to get the variable aspect.

Back