Adams Speedline Tech Driver Preview

Just caught up on it. Really like the looks and cannot wait to read about this one more!

Welcome to THP! I hope you'll stop back and share your thoughts after it arrives..

Thanks for the warm welcome, yes, I would luv to share how this would do. I have a really great setup at the moment so this is gong to be very intriguing to see the 8.5* head will do head-to-head.

I like the look of this driver, even though the back of it is a little different, though I guess it is kind of like their other recent offerings. In the end, the looks of a club don't matter much to me (if it looks great then it's a bonus), just the performance.

I hit a lot of balls with this driver last night on my course. Basically teed off with the club I'd typically use (which was sometimes this driver) and then hit another 4 or 5 balls with it for testing purposes.

I still need more time with it before I make any real judgements, but I would say that I felt it was just ok for me last night. I was sending a lot of balls off the right with it, so I closed the face 1 step (in between the standard and closed setting) and that seemed to make the rights more playable.

I saw pretty typical distance for me with a mid/high ball flight. I had instances where I was impressed with the forgiveness (low and just off-center) and others where I wasn't as impressed (higher on the face and farther towards the heel).

When you get into an area that is sort of closed in by trees the sound definitely gets louder, but still not thinking that it's offensive or anything.

I really wanted to hit a lot of balls with this on the range yesterday and I did accomplish that. Going to a shallower face is becoming a little more normal finally and I was definitely hitting the center of the face more often. I've read that the shaft is 46 inches long, so I actually choked up a ways and that seemed to be a little more comfortable for me as well. Tested the Neutral Upright position and didn't really notice any appreciable difference in ball flight or direction to my eye.

Towards the end of the session I pulled out my own driver because, quite frankly, I wasn't thrilled with the results I was seeing and wanted to see if I would feel the same way about mine. It really wasn't much of a comparison, with results favoring my driver by a pretty large margin. I'll chalk that up to familiarity, though I haven't hit it since this one arrived.

Testing will continue with 18 holes today.

Thanks for the update Hawk. Im sure it isnt easy trying to go back and forth with the MC driver but still wanting to test this one. Thanks for putting in the work though dude. I think this will be a good driver for Adams.

I'm gonna mash the hell out of this thing today if Hawk lets me.

Thanks, Kmac. Yea, it's kind of a different time to be reviewing a driver with the MC looming haha. Regardless, I'm trying to hit it as much as possible. I'd love to see some mention of it on their website so I can read up on the technical info.

Yes indeed. Seth as well I hope. I like to get the input.

Look forward to your thoughts on it Jrod.

Here, I'll summarize them for him:

It went really, really far.

Thanks, Kmac. Yea, it's kind of a different time to be reviewing a driver with the MC looming haha. Regardless, I'm trying to hit it as much as possible. I'd love to see some mention of it on their website so I can read up on the technical info.

Ive wanted to read up on it too. I hate how slow they seem to update the site.

Here, I'll summarize them for him:

It went really, really far.

hahahahaha

You need some tighter pants to pull that off.

Seriously though, my guess is that you'll hit it really high just because it's not going to be an optimal set up for you. I am curious to hear how it sounds when it gets crushed.

Dude I will do a henrik stenson/aaron baddeley commercial for you.

Worst Stenson commercial ever.

"they said I could not hit the green so I swung at the ball and it hit the green and it went a far shot to the green"

Worst Stenson commercial ever.

"they said I could not hit the green so I swung at the ball and it hit the green and it went a far shot to the green"

Exactly dude. I will put him to shame though with my monotone.

You need some tighter pants to pull that off.

Seriously though, my guess is that you'll hit it really high just because it's not going to be an optimal set up for you. I am curious to hear how it sounds when it gets crushed.

I've never even hit a RUL. What are the launch characteristics. Gimme the head and I will put this black tie I have laying around in it!

Its supposed to be mid launch/mid spin which seems to be what um seeing so far.

Posted via tapatalk

Its supposed to be mid launch/mid spin which seems to be what um seeing so far.

Posted via tapatalk

I see. Who knows I never woulda guessed that a Ping stock shaft would give me perfect numbers but it does. It might just work as well.

I see. Who knows I never woulda guessed that a Ping stock shaft would give me perfect numbers but it does. It might just work as well.

What setup do you have in the G20?

This Adams driver may the one for me. I hit the Fast 12 and hung everything out to the right. I just could not seem to bring it in to the middle. If this has the CG toward the heel and promotes a draw then it might be ideal. I hit the Fast 12 as long or linger than my current driver, but the accuracy was not even close. If this has the same distance as the Fast 12 but puts the ball down the middle, it might be a winner for me.

As for looks, I really like them. I really did not love the silver head of the F12, but really like the black on this one. The headcover might be one of the nicest I have seen.

Any idea how his would compare to the 9064LS?

Oh man, this has got me drooling. It's another 2 weeks before they'll ship my 8.5* over. It's the club hoe in me talking again.

Question: not having owned an Adams driver ever, how accurate are their stated lofts? Also, the FAST system, does it work as effective as the ASP, especially in this head? I like mine a tad open, no more than 1*.

Well, it's a pretty standard adjustment on the hosel with a torque wrench. Very similar to the old R9 series with 4 main adjustments and then 4 other in-betweens. Quite simple to make a change if you like.

Sorry, no clue on the accuracy of the lofts coming from Adams.

All three THP'rs that I played with yesteday (Seth0, Jrod, bhilln) took some swings with this on the driving range. All three commented that they weren't too fond of the sound.

Jrod crushed it as expected. Like 280 carry crushed it. Interestingly, his ball flight wasn't really that high with the 10.5° head and a shaft that really isn't his style.

I thought bhilln hit it extremely well. He had a low rising ball that got to mid/high at it's apex and carried in the 240 range. Pretty dang straight for him as well.

I continue to see better results out of my current driver, though I did hit a few good ones with the Speedline Tech.

Seth wasn't really feeling it. Shaft isn't a great match for him though.

I bet JRod made this driver beg for mercy. I know you said they didn't enjoy the sound all that much, but what did they think of performance? Sounds like Bhilin and JRod both hit it well.

Back