Adjustable Driver Adapters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Each company puts out adjustable drivers and every one of them is slightly different. What is your favorite?

I would have to say that the Cobra adapter is my favorite because of simplicity. My least favorite, even though I love the clubs is the Callaway adapter setup.

My only real experience is with the titleist setup. I like the matrix. Determine the loft, then any lie changes.

Callaway dual cog adapter. I am quite biased though since this is the only adapter I have any real experience with.

Callaway. There are probably others that do it as well but I like how I can easily change the settings while still keeping the graphics on the shaft and writing on the grip how I like it. The only other I have used is TaylorMade and I don't like how changing the settings affects how the graphics and grip face.

Nike is still tops for me as they offer the easiest to read and offer lots of loft and face angle combos. Callaway and Cobra probably in the 2nd place spot together. Both are pretty good.

I've only use Callaways with dual cog. I don't mess with the adjustments though since I'm not very consistent and I feel like it may just be compensating for a poor swing.

I've only used two types. Cobra for my BioCell and Callaway. I liked Cobra b/c it was easy to use. Excited to get out and mess around more with the Callaway adapter on my new Oban shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard there are better adapters, always read that Nike has the best ... don't like the TM adapter ... like the Callaway Dual COG, as others have stated, shaft and grip remain in place.

The only one I even remember thinking about is Callaway because it is the hardest to use. All the rest I've used are more or less equal to me.

I like a couple for different reasons.

Nike is straight forward and has a great variety of options without much shaft turning. However, it is one of the heaviest in the industry.
Callaway has no shaft turning at all and after you figure out the loft its face angle time. Nice once you try one and better than having to read a book like Titleists.

I still really like the original ping system where it was only a half degree in either direction.

I've messed around with a lot of different ones and prefer the straight forward, read it in the window, Cobra design best. I do like just how configurable some of the dual cog systems are but at the same time I don't like having to mess with 2 cogs for each adjustment. Maybe if I took the heads all the way off to do it, I'd see it differently, but I'm usually trying to keep the chaos organized and save time in some kind of testing scenario. I typically loosen the screw only enough to spin em if I'm not changing out a shaft. I'm also not a big fan of systems that require me to reference a chart to get to the setup I'm seeking. Again, this wouldn't be a biggie if I was just tuning mine and knew the settings by heart, but I'm usually testing several different makes at once.

I liked the Callaway XR version but I'm just as happy with my Titleist clubs.

I have only used two - Cobra and Callaway. Cobra is easier, by far, but I like the more adjustable Callaway cog (once I figured out how to adjust stuff).

Why can't there be just one sleeve, for all companies? I would guess the shaft companies would appreciate that!

I have a lot of experience with Callaway's Optifit adapter and really like a few things about it. 1, no shaft turn at all. 2, a decent variety of loft change with the +2 / -1 loft availability.

Others that interest me are the cobra and Nike options that give you pretty much the entire loft range (that one would actually need).

Titleist is definitely one of my favorite companies, but I feel that their adapter needs some updating, as it doesn't seem as advanced or provide as significant of changes or variability as others. Ping (another one of my all time favorites is the same with minimum range of variability. That being said, once you are dialed in, I guess there really isn't need to mess with anything!

Honestly, they all confuse me without a quick guide to double check every so often. Dual Cog from Callaway always seemed like it was the easiest for "on the fly" adjustments.

I have only used 2. Taylormade and Callaway. I much prefer the Callaway dual cog as its much easier to figure out what your doing. I do also like there is no shaft turn as well.

I enjoy the Callaway and Titleist adaptors. Fairly straight forward, and consistency for the most part year to year. New adaptors every release would drive me bonkers.

I enjoy the Callaway and Titleist adaptors. Fairly straight forward, and consistency for the most part year to year. New adaptors every release would drive me bonkers.

I like how you touched on consistency. This is huge especially with premium shafts being more and more easily available.

I've tried Taylormade, Titleist, and Callaway. Callaway wins by a mile for me.

One thing that comes up a lot with adjusting drivers is that you have to ground the club the same to really see a consistent change from one setting to the next. Callaway's system helps with this by not rotating the shaft. So whether you are logo up or down on your grip, you can use it as a reference point to ensure you are grounding the club as before even if the head looks more open/closed due to an adaptor adjustment.

Callaway is my favorite...but Cobra has a pretty easy to use system

Cobra's is so simple and my favorite by far. In the end it really doesn't matter or factor into which clubs I play.

Cobra and Callaway on a tie for me.

Nike is the best in my opinion right now. Cobra is certainly a close 2nd.

Back