Alcohol and playing Golf - How much is too much?... or none at all - your thoughts...

ProZoneGolf

Clubmaker/Fitter
Reaction score
Handicap
Alcohol and Golf - How much is too much, or none at all - your thoughts.

Does Alcohol impair golf?, by how much? , How long does it take to wear off so you can play better?... or do you play better with a beverage?

Alcohol and Golf - How much is too much, or none at all - your thoughts.

Does Alcohol impair golf?, by how much? , How long does it take to wear off so you can play better?... or do you play better with a beverage?

It's called swing lubricant for a reason, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alcohol and playing Golf - How much is too much?... or none at all - your tho...

Alcohol and playing Golf - How much is too much?... or none at all - your tho...

Don't usually drink on the course, just a preference of mine. If I do the most I have is two.

For me it is largely dependent on the situation. If it's just a fun round I will have a few or more. In a team event or a situation where a partner is dependent on my performance to a certain degree, I will usually avoid it.

JM

I don't mind drinking on the course as long as people don't get stupid about it. In casual rounds I drink more than I used to (two or three beers). In a scramble tournament, I would probably drink more, just to make it more bearable. (I haven't played in a scramble for many years, but we have them all the time at the course and five hour rounds and worse do happen; I can imagine how long they can get on longer courses)

I almost never drink on the course. I just don't like how it affects my game, and it amplifies my allergy issues. after the round? game on

I rarely drink alcohol any (not against it, just not something I do much off), but if I do drink on the course it no more than a beer or two. I have to occasional round where some swing lube helped me loosen up when playing poorly.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It depends on the round, but I typically find drinking does not impair my game and if anything, possibly helps it. I don't drink when I play alone and if I do, it's usually one or two. I don't think much about it.

Some guys use the course as a way to let loose and that means having a few. It's fine with me, just don't get hammered and hold up pace or get loud.

There's a very fine line between just right amount of alcohol and too much.

Also, if you drank so much booze that you can't legally drive home, then you over did it

I'm the wrong person to ask...

Your answer should be None, this month. Every other month, whatever I brought with me.
I'm the wrong person to ask...

I usually drink enough to loosen me up, but most of the time, I actually play better with a slight buzz. Won a couple of THP events this way.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I drink when I want to, just depends on the day. But always in moderation.

I tend not to drink while I play as I relax too much. I tend to have a few drinks after the round.

I am learning that alcohol is bad for my golf. I'm better off staying sober on the course and having a beer after the round.

Normally the most I'll have out there is 2, that's why they invented club houses. If I decide to tie one on then all is good since the Asst. Pro lives 2 doors down from me.

Two at most and usually at the turn depending on what time I tee'd off.

Last edited:
I don't drink while playing

Generally, I do not drink on the course. When I do, I can nurse a Crown & 7 for about 13 holes ... just enough to do almost nothing ... and almost nothing is just right.

I will have a beer if it warm outside and I am not playing a tourney or competition. I don't drink at all when i am trying to play my best.

None for me. On Jan 20th I'll have been sober for 8 years. It's kinda nice because every year I buy myself something nice to celebrate. This year it was a set of Mizuno MP-25's haha.

If it's a serious tournament I won't drink at all. If I'm with friends, or in my sunday skins game I'll usually have 2 a side, 3 at most. It's a fine line between relaxed, and stumbling for me haha

I don't care if people drink and I've been known to have a beer or two. However, I don't want to be around someone if they're drunk. I'm there to play golf, not watch them make an ass of themselves. And they probably have to drive home after, and will be putting the lives of everyone on the road with them in danger.

It also matters what time I play. If I tee off at 7 or 8 I'm not going to be drinking most likely :)

Of course Kansas law doesn't let us serve before 9AM!

Back