ANNOUNCEMENT AMA - Ask me Anything About THP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Have 90 minutes before my next conference call. You guys know the drill, we are completely transparent and if you have questions, we want to answer them.
Events
Equipment
Life

Fire away.

THP really seems to like BallyHack and Briggs Ranch. Do you just enjoy these courses more? Staff do a better job? Less "other" people? Just curious, can't wait to play Ballyhack!

I have a question.. If I remember correctly the answer is "definitely" lol..

Always enjoy the forum testing. Feel like it's moved beyond just clubs and balls, so any fun forum testing that is coming our way that's new or maybe unexpected?

Is the Worst Golf Podcast coming back?

• Admin
Always enjoy the forum testing. Feel like it's moved beyond just clubs and balls, so any fun forum testing that is coming our way that's new or maybe unexpected?
Not sure. I like it to.
It will depend on how involved the community gets in the ones we have currently going on between straight forum testing and equipment threads that have reviews from events. We have some big plans, but some are shelved currently.

• Admin
THP really seems to like BallyHack and Briggs Ranch. Do you just enjoy these courses more? Staff do a better job? Less "other" people? Just curious, can't wait to play Ballyhack!
Genuinely not really.
Part of it is availability, part of it is how the schedule falls. I have to be able to travel to each one and participate. The other is we try to plan a course to the equipment being featured. It doesn't always fall that way, but its a part of the conversation.

Ironically enough last year Briggs wasn't featured much at all.

• Admin
Is the Worst Golf Podcast coming back?
It is in some capacity. Not sure yet, but we want to have a steady cadence and travel has made that tough.

Favorite club from a now gone club company?

WIth all of the gear that comes by you how often do you change up your bag? And if you do change it up often does that affect your play?

How excited are you for Grey Bull? You obviously have been to a bunch of courses so getting to see a course for the first time is not something that happens very often.

Since there was a video about the 2024 buzz words. Any insight or guesses as to what the 2025 buzz words wil be?

Favorite club from a now gone club company?
Hmmmm. Depends what we consider a now gone club company. Are Adams or Nickent gone?

WIth all of the gear that comes by you how often do you change up your bag? And if you do change it up often does that affect your play?
Change it up for every THP Experience I play in typically.
Im not sure it does impact my play. Some comfort to go all in and get better, but I won't use something I dont love.

How excited are you for Grey Bull? You obviously have been to a bunch of courses so getting to see a course for the first time is not something that happens very often.
Im pretty excited.
More excited to be able to do it with CK as we have worked together for a long time in many facets and enjoy doing these together.
I have been pretty fortunate to play some incredible golf courses, and I have a feeling this will be at or near the top of the list.

Out of 24 hours, how much time do you dedicate to THP per day? On average?

Is there a hole, at any of the Dormie Network courses, that you absolutely dislike playing based on setup/layout?

Since there was a video about the 2024 buzz words. Any insight or guesses as to what the 2025 buzz words wil be?
Yes. Some I can't share quite yet, but I do not think we will see a stoppage in the MOI talk right away.
Its a word that has equaled forgiveness for people, and is easier to market than downrange dispersion, which FWIW, is much more important in my opinion.

When are we going to have the next Worst Golf Podcast drop?

Out of 24 hours, how much time do you dedicate to THP per day? On average?
12 to 15 probably. There are days its less.

Is there a hole, at any of the Dormie Network courses, that you absolutely dislike playing based on setup/layout?
Oh great question and yes.

I ******* despise hole #10 at Ballyhack, right @xThor
I dislike hole 8 at Ballyhack (it could be so much better)
I dislike hole 15 at Ballyhack (it could be so much better)

I really dont like a few at Briggs, but more for being mundane.
I dont know hte numbers well at Vic or Hidden Creek, but there are a couple there.
Arbor I dont like the first hole at all, but its a good first hole.
Dormie, I ******* despise hole 17 and 18.

Yes. Some I can't share quite yet, but I do not think we will see a stoppage in the MOI talk right away.
Its a word that has equaled forgiveness for people, and is easier to market than downrange dispersion, which FWIW, is much more important in my opinion.
MOI is an easily digestible term and great marketing tool, but it was good to hear in the video what it actually means and how it affects and limits certain things.

I haven no insight in this, but it feels like putters are due for a new marketing term in the vein of 10k.

Reactions: JB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back