ANNOUNCEMENT AMA - Ask me Anything About THP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think a company needs heavy Tour level exposure to be a competitive in the market (be it clubs, balls, heck even apparel).

It is a great event. Something we are proud of with a sponsoring company that does it right.

I am going to share something I really dont do all that much and probably should. There are a lot of people that believe you can only get into one experience a year, so put all of the eggs in one basket. Then get blanked and get upset. History has shown that is patently false, hell most of the time I cant even remember who is in which one and here is a secret, when the names are drawn, they dont even have names in them. Just random numbers that start with 100 and then have 3 more numbers.

For those that like reviewing equipment, this one can be fun. For those that don't, there is a large obligation here that can be challenging.
Not a question, more of a thank you. I loved this message from earlier this morning. Just another insight into this great place!

Well actually I do have a question: How'd you get so good at Ping Pong? Do you have a table at home to sharpen your skills?

I have a question.. If I remember correctly the answer is "definitely" lol..
Piggybacking off of this, when can we expect the Grandaddy Captain announcement and who will it be?

Do you think a company needs heavy Tour level exposure to be a competitive in the market (be it clubs, balls, heck even apparel).
Heavy is pretty subjective, but I think its definitely necessary. Its not just about winning on Sunday or carrying a staff bag either. Its commercials, its messaging, its validation.

Do individual OEMs have different goals about results they want from an experience.

Not a question, more of a thank you. I loved this message from earlier this morning. Just another insight into this great place!

Well actually I do have a question: How'd you get so good at Ping Pong? Do you have a table at home to sharpen your skills?
Rather lengthy answer but the easiest way is I grew up playing tennis and basketball. One of my parents played professional tennis for years so that was kind of my thing and my father was a basketball player in college and a golfer who took up tennis late in life because he didnt want to be away from his family for 4-5 hours and golf was expensive. So I didnt take up golf until after highschool with a person named Lanier Waters, who I taught to play (ironically enough, he is now a director of golf and we reconnected after nearly 30 years).

So tennis background and growing up playing tennis, when it rains you go inside and play table tennis with others. That led to me and Lanier (same person above) who didnt play tennis (he was all state track and football) getting pretty into table tennis to the point of playing 3-5 hours a day after school when we didnt have other sports. I left tennis after my junior year of highschool from burn out, but we still played a lot of table tennis pretty much daily in between pickup basketball games at a local rec that we would run for hours.

It came pretty naturally from tennis, but I stopped playing for about 20 years and then first time back up was with Danny at Arbor and it all just clicked again.

Do individual OEMs have different goals about results they want from an experience.
I genuinely don't know. Probably a better question for them. In my opinion its fairly synergenistic (is that a word).

Golfers want equipment and to play amazing courses. Check
THP wants reviews for SEO to bring traffic back to THP. Check
OEMs want to sell clubs, but in doing so need to create something awesome equipment wise. Check

Okay guys, going to lock this one up and get ready for my call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back