ANNOUNCEMENT AMA - Ask me Anything About THP

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s time for another funny story from a past event. In the essence of someone buying a different color driver at the turn since it was more aerodynamic 😂
Okay here goes.

We had an experience where a person got fit for a driver. They loved a certain brand and were fit to another. The results were not close. I mean 20 yards of difference and dispersion 100% better. Yet every 3 holes they would grab the other club and kept blasting them out of bounds. The fit worked. It didnt hurt that their brand and club head was a turd, but it was hysterical. Two days after event, went right back to old driver and said it was feel. All good by me.

Why are you shifting away from cheese only on pizza?
The hard hitting questions!!! This might be more suited for Off Course though. The JB AMA Off Course

Okay, here is the real reason.
Someone lets say his name is Brad, takes the time to do a great post on a driver including some talk about sound, feel, ball flight etc. Its long, it takes that Brad guy a while, as he types pretty slow.

Then someone on the next post comes in and says "anybody that has hit this, can you describe teh feel and ball flight?

Well what the f**k did Brad just do?

That makes Brad less inclined to take the time to offer so much good information in the future.
Haha don't be a Brad:p

The hard hitting questions!!! This might be more suited for Off Course though. The JB AMA Off Course
he keeps declining my offer to do a weekly show about cardboard nonsense and general tomfuckery.

Who is your favorite Professional Golfer that currently plays? Can't pick Tiger, it's gotta be an ACTIVE guy on LIV or PGA.

Where do you see Wilson Golf five years from now? Doing more of the same or will there be a turnaround?

Do you ever see a point where you won’t be able to attend every experience? Seems like more and more are being added which is amazing!
Now? Haha.
We will probably cut back next year.

Have you ever considered having Golden Ticket winners go on a factory tour of some sort, filled with obvious traps to test their trustworthiness, with the end goal of finding one to achieve greatness ( I dunno the parallel here… be in the Grandaddy?)?

How much of the Albatross Club money goes to… J/K

Are there any plans for events (other than the Grandaddy) at non-Dormie courses?

How many packages arrive at THP World HQ on an average day? What about during high season (toward the end of the year as companies are ramping up for the coming year's releases or after the PGA Show)?
During season a ton. Outside of that, we have most stuff, so a few a week.

Do you own blue jeans? I swear every picture I have ever seen of you are slacks.

Your favorite piece of equipment you've received?
(Not something that surprised you, but something that you just can't take out of the bag, or keep going back to despite knowing there is better.)
My bag changes every event, so hard to say.
Probably the new proto shafts I got with Arrows face lasered on there.
Got a killer wedge with our previous Dog Duke lasered on there that Roger Cleveland did for us.

Are there any brands that you aren’t currently working with you’d really like to work with?
No. Generally speaking, we work with every brand in golf just about every week in some facet or another.

Example? Strictly Shaft Up or others?
shaft up. iirc the heads have been for different oems in different years. just curious how that decision is made.

When things like the Speed Training aids come out, do you try them at all before sending them out to the guys for testing?
Absolutely. I try and test everything. If I am traveling and can't do so before getting it to our awesome staff in a timely manner than I will find a way to test afterwards.

18 at Dormie surprises me.

17 I totally get hahaha
Its not a bad hole, its just not a wonderful looking finishing hole, especially coming off of 17 which is awful, but so different from a scenery perspective.

Will there ever be an event that heads back to Chicopee to visit the Callaway ball plant?

Probably the new proto shafts I got with Arrows face lasered on there.
Got a killer wedge with our previous Dog Duke lasered on there that Roger Cleveland did for us.
Those are badass.

With this latest release season somewhat being over (assuming it is), when would you typically start seeing NEXT season's gear info coming across your desk? (no specifics needed)
Its starting now. Typically anything fall release, I will have info on pretty soon.

Do you own blue jeans? I swear every picture I have ever seen of you are slacks.
Only cutoffs to wear with Nascar Tank tops.....#FloridaMan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back