ANNOUNCEMENT AMA - Ask me Anything About THP

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that driver what is it ‘rated’ or is it s one off? And one’s driver swing would seem to be different with that middle flex, to maintain control?

X wedges! Nice do you make full swings with them or are they mostly finesse around the greens clubs? I’ve often wondered about stiffness in wedges for finesse (sort of like the all in putter shaft.
Don’t know what its rated, but it’s not a one off. It’s a UST prototype that he’s spoken about quite a bit. Danny was just on Off Course with Dan saying they hope to have a version of it out next year. And that’s VERY exciting

Do you think that at the amateur level pace is directly affected by handicap level?
Or are slow golfers just slow golfers, handicap doesn't matter.

I did not make a mental note about that slipping through the profanity filter. 👀

Also yes please.
or, does my mod status exempt me from that?

OoooOOOOohhhh

Yes. I spoke to someone there just a few weeks ago actually.
I genuinely do not believe that is a long term product. I say this strictly as my opinion though.
They hit a strong stride that was killed by covid. Dean seems like an awesome guy.. I think Taylormade purchasing foremost hurt them as well.

Don’t know what its rated, but it’s not a one off It’s a UST prototype that he’s spoken about quite a bit. Danny was just on Off Course with Dan saying they hope to have a version of it out next year. And that’s VERY exciting
I want to try that shaft so badly.

I would not assume that sir. Not everything has been announced or even planned.
Does this include the UST Mamiya Shaft Up Finale? I know its been announced, but I don't think any other details have been shared.

TaylorMade.
Was just about to ask about TM, PXG, Ping and others. They seem to be absent from testing. I assume they don’t provide equipment. Once u think I read that PXG won’t because they want to see the results prior to publication. That’s a good enough reason for me.

Yes. I spoke to someone there just a few weeks ago actually.
I genuinely do not believe that is a long term product. I say this strictly as my opinion though.
That was a fun event. The Dean Snell banter was incredible.

So that driver what is it ‘rated’ or is it s one off? And one’s driver swing would seem to be different with that middle flex, to maintain control?

X wedges! Nice do you make full swings with them or are they mostly finesse around the greens clubs? I’ve often wondered about stiffness in wedges for finesse (sort of like the all in putter shaft.
It is currently a prototype and if it comes to market, will absolutely have a flex rating.

Its not a control thing, but people are really confused about shafts, and sadly some on the internet just give ******* horrible advice. Hell some fitters do too. Mine is softer in the middle and in some ways overall because doing so keeps the club head a bit behind, which helps eliminate a pull and even hook. WHile some fit purely for distance and a bit of dispersion, I am more interested in fitting ones common misses for my personal enjoyment.

I do not swing my wedges full ever.

Do you think that at the amateur level pace is directly affected by handicap level?
Or are slow golfers just slow golfers, handicap doesn't matter.
I do not. I think it can impact it, but people being oblivious and not caring is what impacts it the most.

Don’t know what its rated, but it’s not a one off. It’s a UST prototype that he’s spoken about quite a bit. Danny was just on Off Course with Dan saying they hope to have a version of it out next year. And that’s VERY exciting
Look forward to learning more about this one.

They hit a strong stride that was killed by covid. Dean seems like an awesome guy.. I think Taylormade purchasing foremost hurt them as well.
He is a long time friend and has taught me a lot over the years and spends much of his time in FL now.
Getting product was a bit tough for them, but what has hurt them the most is horrendous marketing.

Does this include the UST Mamiya Shaft Up Finale? I know its been announced, but I don't think any other details have been shared.
Details are actually out on that one.

Was just about to ask about TM, PXG, Ping and others. They seem to be absent from testing. I assume they don’t provide equipment. Once u think I read that PXG won’t because they want to see the results prior to publication. That’s a good enough reason for me.
They are not absent and they absolutely do provide equipment.
I have both Ping and TM heads 10 ft behind me in the tech studio.
I actually dont have the latest head from PXG, but should soon.

It is currently a prototype and if it comes to market, will absolutely have a flex rating.

Its not a control thing, but people are really confused about shafts, and sadly some on the internet just give ******* horrible advice. Hell some fitters do too. Mine is softer in the middle and in some ways overall because doing so keeps the club head a bit behind, which helps eliminate a pull and even hook. WHile some fit purely for distance and a bit of dispersion, I am more interested in fitting ones common misses for my personal enjoyment.

I do not swing my wedges full ever.
Perfect thanks!

Details are actually out on that one.

Missed it during my work-induced dark period. Thanks for the point in the right direction.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
They are not absent and they absolutely do provide equipment.
I have both Ping and TM heads 10 ft behind me in the tech studio.
I actually dont have the latest head from PXG, but should soon.
Just to be clear, those were merely examples. I was not pointing fingers or making insinuations.

Reactions: JB
When the time is done on AMA today, please be sure to say hi to Morgan, and to the dogs from all of us!

This is a deeper question and some dont love the answer, but we test.
Danny and I independently as well as some others. We know what we are after, which is a fairly large matrix for fitting to go along with performance, speed, etc.
We then get together and discuss in detail and Danny talks about what he is seeing, and I do the same and then we choose. It is typically the best performing head that exists or 1a and 1b.

wow that's really cool! and definitely not what i assumed.

How is Milo holding up after last procedure?

He is a long time friend and has taught me a lot over the years and spends much of his time in FL now.
Getting product was a bit tough for them, but what has hurt them the most is horrendous marketing.
the golf market is tough.
even Nike got ejected from it and they had essentially unlimited resources.

How is Milo holding up after last procedure?
Hes getting there, but its a long road ahead. Thank you for asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back