Android Phone Thread

How so? The 4s doesn't have near the specs of the S3. Not even close in those terms.

It's definitely a "what do you need" thing. It blows it away for him.

I don't need the cool extras on my Note, and for the things I do on a day to day basis I would never notice a "performance" difference between the two (iPhone 5 and Note).

A lot of times, if you don't need a ton out of your phone, aesthetics and build quality trump gestures and gigahertz.

How so? The 4s doesn't have near the specs of the S3. Not even close in those terms.

I am not going to sully up your Android thread because I am a fan of parity in the Smartphone market, but specs don't matter for much when the software is not optimized. Apple is able to control the hardware AND software and it allows Apple products to excel with specs that may not match up to Android superphones. Not saying that Android phones are inferior, but that little bit of control Apple has provides it with an advantage.

I am not going to sully up your Android thread because I am a fan of parity in the Smartphone market, but specs don't matter for much when the software is not optimized. Apple is able to control the hardware AND software and it allows Apple products to excel with specs that may not match up to Android superphones. Not saying that Android phones are inferior, but that little bit of control Apple has provides it with an advantage.
Yes, in your opinion.

Mine fits fine in my back pocket w/ an Otterbox. I dunno if pockets are typically too much different in size but if so I wear a 32 Long FWIW.

Well the note has a 5.5" screen and the S4 has a 5" screen. From the reviews I've seen, the S4 screen looks better than the Note 2.I'll have to hold them both and put them in my pocket before I decide. The cool thing is that I can walk out of the store with whatever phone I choose, where at Best Buy, where I got my current phone, they had to order it.

Well the note has a 5.5" screen and the S4 has a 5" screen. From the reviews I've seen, the S4 screen looks better than the Note 2.I'll have to hold them both and put them in my pocket before I decide. The cool thing is that I can walk out of the store with whatever phone I choose, where at Best Buy, where I got my current phone, they had to order it.

I didn't like the S4 screen. It has that nasty blueish tiny to it that the S3 did and the lines don't look as sharp as the pixels should indicate. It's all because they refuse to get rid of that ignorant damned RGBG pentile pixel makeup in their S series, and their screens suffer because of it. The Note 2 uses RGB like most other phones and doesn't suffer from blurred looking text on the screen and most importantly the whites look WHITE. Not blue tinted and over saturated like the S series.

Does the Note 2 have an extended battery available?

Just looked at Gorilla Gadgets, and yes it does.

Sorry, crashed out last night! Yeah, it has extended batteries available, but I've honestly not found a need for one yet. I still get close to a day and a half of use out of mine and I am always doing something tinkering on my phone. It never stays off for long and doesn't spend much time in my pocket.

Yes for $40 on Amazon can get the frankinbattery aka zero lemon battery.
enene2a7.jpg

tappin from my big as note2

Oh..one thing I don't like is hard to see the screen outside

Hmm got some trolling in here lately hahaha

War did you get a shipping notification yet? I am really interested to hear your feedback on the S4.

Hmm got some trolling in here lately hahaha

War did you get a shipping notification yet? I am really interested to hear your feedback on the S4.
Yes, I did. My S4 will be here Wednesday.

Crank up the screen brightness bd, you've got the battery life for it!

I do..I don't use the auto

I went with the Black.

Nice that's what I would have picked. Did you just get the phone or that accessory bundle pack? I always thought those were kind of a rip off but that's just me.

Nice that's what I would have picked. Did you just get the phone or that accessory bundle pack? I always thought those were kind of a rip off but that's just me.

Just the phone. I dont need an auto charger, crappy blue tooth or cheap verizon case.

Just the phone. I dont need an auto charger, crappy blue tooth or cheap verizon case.

So true. I swear Verizon gets their accessory bundles from The Dollar Tree.

So true. I swear Verizon gets their accessory bundles from The Dollar Tree.
That is an absolute slap in the face to Dollar Tree.

That is an absolute slap in the face to Dollar Tree.

I just LOL'd in the middle of the waiting area at the pharmacy. People are looking at me funny...

S4 in hand. Will be activating it shortly. Oooooh, I love new electronics.

Im such a nerd.

I can't wait until I can just run into a Best Buy and purchase this phone!

Back