Angry on the Course?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What was the last thing that left you flat out angry on the course?

Angry on the course? nothing... nothing about golf makes me angry.... frustrated sure causes include golf game, slop play, dress code violations, disrespect

Angry - other than those yuppies that stole my umbrella, but technically that was an off the course event haha !

Myself! Down right crappy play cause I wasn't paying attention to the fundamentals. :mad:

Not being notified of the greens being aerated when we drove over an hour to get there.

Last year I was playing with a few other guys and we walked up to 12th green. It had at least 50 ball marks from some idiot who walked out of his house the night before and hit balls to the green, went and picked up all the balls and then didnt repair a single ball mark. If im honest, it still pisses me off.

Slow group in front grinds my gears. :cautious:

A friend of a friend who golfed with us. Excruciatingly slow player who wouldn't shut his mouth for even a second the entire round. Even talked during his own swing sometimes.

Losing my rangefinder. :mad: Capped off a round where my play was miserable and I couldn’t finish due to darkness because a foursome with nobody in front wouldn’t let solo me in a cart play through. It was a good learning experience seemingly having everything that could go wrong happen. I’ve been more relaxed my last few rounds.

Not being notified of the greens being aerated when we drove over an hour to get there.
^ This type of thing. I'm not quick to anger, but I was kind of miffed about a month ago when I drove an hour to a beautiful course to find out they burned all the native grass the couple days before. Scorched visual landscapes and soot getting on everything white (balls, gloves, GRIPS, clothes) wasn't what I had planned, and I felt like I should have been told when I booked.

Not being told the greens were in horrible shape. They said the first 5 were bad but got better. Nope. All greens sucked.

Last thing? I piped a drive down the center of the fairway almost 50 to 75 yards farther than anyone else in my group. Beautiful drive.

Shanked the second shot in a group of trees nowhere near the green.

I was steamed.

Yes this! I hate when a course doesn't tell you this!

I really don't get angry on a course. I can be overly hard on myself but that doesn't turn to anger. I can get frustrated with behavior and antics of others, but anger would be a very rare reaction on my part. IDK. I learned long ago that anger is not a healthy emotion. My blood can no doubt boil, and I catch myself, acknowledge it and try to move on. I see people all the time who hold onto anger with a righteous death grip. It is never a good thing.

During my match last weekend I was furious on hole 9. I hit my first putt close for par, lining up my second putt, one of my group players pulled the flag completely out when trying to lift the little stick that pulls the black disk inside and pops the ball out. The black disk pushed up the edge of the cup on my side, like a little bulge and damaged the cup. I fixed it, but my putt hit the side and spun out. I should have been calm but then I pushed my third putt and hit the comeback for 4 putts. Worst part was that I was shooting 35 though 8. Finished the front with a 43 including the snowman, and it was all uphill from there. I’m still pissed about it, and angry at myself for not refocusing.

Last edited:
I don't know that I was angry so much as I was frustrated but I had 2 holes back in December where it started raining and I shanked multiple shots and picked up my ball on back to back holes.

The inability to stay away from penalty strokes. I played the worst 9 holes I can remember last night. I hit 2 OB and 1 in a penalty area.

I try not to let the things I can control get me angry... frustrated, yes. But that’s part of the challenge.

I get annoyed at some people’s entitlement with not fixing divots.

Had a maniac run over my pull cart and clubs. He was pissed because he was jumping all over the course to find an opening. I was running at him and he kept going....clubs were fine and I am glad I didn’t catch him. I reported him and he was booted. 3rd complaint on him that day. Must’ve had a snoot full.

Seeing the ball down, going right to it, and it ain't there. That makes me insane.

Around this time of year my home course let's the rough grow up a little. Hole #9 has a pretty steep hill away from the green on the right, but a fairly flat, forgiving area of rough on the left. If you're going to miss, the left side is unquestionably the better option. The only problem with the left side is that it freakin' EATS golf balls this time of year. I can't tell you how many times I've hit a really nice shot up there and pulled it or drew it just slightly where it landed maybe 7-10 yards from the green - and my playing partners all saw it down - and we get up there and that ball stinkin' disappeared in that rough. I'm not talking about hitting it over in the thick vegetation near the OB stakes or down in a creek area or deep in the woods. It is RIGHT THERE! OUT IN THE OPEN!! ON FLAT GROUND!! and there's nowhere else it could have gone. But somehow, clearly, it does. :mad::mad:

Really can't remember the last time I got truly angry during a round. Do get frustrated fairly often when I make a terrible swing, miss a putt I shouldn't miss or enounter slow play from people that will not let us play through.

I may mutter at myself and even say some choice words about my ability. but it takes a lot for me to get angry.

The closest I got was pre-covid, I was stuck behind a painfully slow group. By 17th, it was getting to the point of comedy. we never new where that group would be driving their carts next. As we waited to tee off, we see on of them walking back towards us long the row of houses. then a gold cart just out of hitting range, comes back towards him. That walking guy proceeds to get frozen drinks handed to him over the back wall of a house. THis was in full view of the course marshal.

Nothing was said or done about it. The random cartner I was with got really hot. but only muttered his frustration/anger to me. and scowled at the marshal.

Just yesterday. Losing my favorite Titleist headcover somewhere on the course & having no one turn it in. This infuriates me to no end! :mad: Why can't anyone be honest & just take it to the pro shop??

Never got flat out angry while golfing. It's a game of relaxation for me.

. Probably left the course a little disappointed over a score a few time, but that's about it.

I have seen others get angry. Piss, cuss, an moan about things. Break clubs because they hit a bad shot/putt. I just figured these types of people should take up another game, or hobby.

Nothing. I'm not good enough to get angry.

If I had to dig far enough back - I could probably find an instance where someone's actions angered me. But even that is very infrequent thankfully

Back