Any Tea Drinkers?

I have been on a big coffee kick and I am going to brew my first steepings in a couple of weeks. I think I am going to go with Ti Kuan Yin Oolong. I am not a fan of the particular brand that I got, but the tee is still good. Teavana has the best teas I have tried to date. Go figure.

Teavanna got my wife addicted to tea, can't believe how much work goes into making tea and how much stuff there is to buy. Most of the time I stick to coffee, and on occasion prefer simple, Lipton French Vanilla, or a Starbuck's chai latte.

Good to see there are some Americans who appreciate tea. Whenever I come to the US, I have to bring tea with me as that disgusting Lipton crap is served everywhere (and apparently enjoyed by people) and I don't drink coffee. Can't beat Yorkshire Tea for your every day brew, or a mug of Rooibos (Red Bush) before bed.

That particular blooming tea is awesome looking! I have never seen one where looks like it grows a stem with the flower to the top of the water line. That would be great for a date or something.

Good to see there are some Americans who appreciate tea. Whenever I come to the US, I have to bring tea with me as that disgusting Lipton crap is served everywhere (and apparently enjoyed by people) and I don't drink coffee. Can't beat Yorkshire Tea for your every day brew, or a mug of Rooibos (Red Bush) before bed.

Teas are becoming more popular in America, but it is still nothing like across the pond I am sure. I have never tried any English style teas, but I am interested to do so.

So, my wife makes us some bed time tea tonight and I thought of you guys. It's basically some Chamomile tea. I understand Chamomile is suppose to be calming but it's actually pretty good. She put honey in it to give it some flavor.

Edit: And I'm not a big tea drinker so this is new to me. Anyone have a cup before bed on a regular basis?

I just brewed up a cold buster.

Gunpowder tea-- Used slightly more than normal, steeped once in warm water to remove some of the astringent flavor, then a proper steeping.
Cinnamon
Dash of Cayenne
Dash of Nutmeg
Vanilla extract
Brown sugar as sweetener. I had no honey, but the molasses makes a fair substitute, and rounds out the flavors nicely.

This recipe was mode up on the spot. A dash of lemon or orange juice may have given it a boost.

TAZO- Spearmint and Lemongrass is one of the best non tea store ones I have found

I have been drinking some pomegranate tea on occasion. I really like it. I add a touch of honey to it as well.

Us welsh farmers drink tea and coffee EVERY day. tea in the morning and coffee in the afternoon
But I'm not a coffee man so I get a double dose of tea :D
Got to eat custard creams with my tea

I am a tea drinker but only drink green tea. I don't drink tea all the time I just need it once in a day.

As I am from the UK I suppose I should know a bit about tea......:banghead:But in reality I just use PG tips.....I like a green tea now and then....but I am becoming spoilt as I was given a Nespresso coffee maker recently ( as advertised by Mr Clooney unfortunately it doesn't give me the same power with the ladies......)
still I can say that the British Armed Forces would fail to operate without a good cuppa ( tea also known as a brew or a wet depending which branch of the armed services you are in )

It is allergy season here in NC and I am drinking Gun Powder green tea with honey to help ease the pain in my throat. The smoky flavor of the roasted tea is very much complimented by the honey.

I will be drinking this exact brew tonight, oddly enough. I have some beautiful Georgia honey that is just begging to be added to tea.
It is allergy season here in NC and I am drinking Gun Powder green tea with honey to help ease the pain in my throat. The smoky flavor of the roasted tea is very much complimented by the honey.

I'm not big on tea, but I LOVE coffee. I keep my tea simple and country as hell (SWEET). :D

I have been putting a little bit of Cayenne pepper in my tea to help with my sore throat. It is not as bad as it sounds.

It isn't bad at all. I think it adds a little complexity.

Tried Rooibos and Jasmine tea for the first time today. Rooibos is NOT my thing, but Jasmine is excellent. I love the delicate floral notes.

I need a teapot. Any recommendations? I have been using the microwave, lol.
I have been putting a little bit of Cayenne pepper in my tea to help with my sore throat. It is not as bad as it sounds.

I think Darjeeling and Gunpowder tonight.

I completely stopped drinking coffee. I'm mostly into green tea but also recently tried mixing different teas to have a nice choice of iced tea for the summer as well... I can only recommend trying to put hibiscus, mint and some lemon into your tea. Very refreshing!

Last edited:
Currently drinking some Oolong. I had a really good batch about a year ago, but I can't get the same subtle flavors to come through recently for some reason.

Sweet Tea... lots and lots of sweet tea....

Been on a big Jasmine kick lately.

I am a bit of a tea nerd actually haha

I originally was introduced to the culture behind tea while serving tours in Iraq.

I decided to give up drinking soda (aside from in mixed drinks) and invested in a caste iron tea pot, not only for the tremendous health benefits but as I stated - I love the culture and history behind tea.

I enjoy entertaining people and brewing countless pots of tea, the best part being - a good Oolong can be steeped 4 or 5 or even in some cases of a very high quality tea 7-10 times - reusing the same tea leafs!

I really only brew loose leaf teas and am a huge fan of Oolongs, in the summer I really enjoy mixing in dried fruits, peaches, strawberries etc with the tea itself to add a light fruit taste. In the colder months a good chai matte blend adds a nice warm spice. There is a huge world of high end teas and endless combinations to experiment with and explore, it's really turning into a bit of a hobby for me - and it keeps things interesting as the taste of what I'm drinking is constantly changing.

Different teas should be steeped at different temperatures, you can often add a cube of ice or two to get the boiling water down to the correct temperature needed for the specific tea - if your blending there will be a bit of guess work in this. I would recommend to anyone interested in getting a glimpse into the culture and history of tea - if you have netflix check out a documentary called "All in this tea" it's on the online streaming, I thought it was pretty interesting.

I went overboard with my tea habit a few years ago. My office was transformed in to a zen tea garden, don't ask. I had a steeper, waterfall, and lamps. My favorite
teas were jasmine, oolong, green tea, higher the region the better tasting.

Lupicia USA has some great high end teas as well as some hard to find fruit bends. Highly recommend the jasmine mandarin, tokio, and momo.

I have been drinking a lot of Silver Needle white tea lately, but I switched to Monkey Picked Oolong today.

Back