Any Tea Drinkers?

Hey guys. I am looking for a new tea. Wondering if some of my fellow connoisseurs could turn me onto to a good one. I enjoy white, green, and black teas but have never tried oolong. I perfer loose teas, as I already have the equipment for it. Blended teas are fine as well. Any suggestions?

You might enjoy Darjeeling, has a lovely floral taste but not overpowering

If you are looking for a good black tea you might try Keemun Loose Leaf Tea from World market.

Here is my tea collection as it stands right now. I have black, white, oolong and green in this group.

a6890cf7-bccb-2e51.jpg

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

I'm addicted to soy Chai tea lattes :(

The French Press is the greatest accesory for tea lovers. Yea you might want something nice for when companys over, but the french press does such a great job. Handle's open tea leaves so well, easy to clean, quite honestly I didn't even know they're for coffee until recently.

The French Press is the greatest accesory for tea lovers. Yea you might want something nice for when companys over, but the french press does such a great job. Handle's open tea leaves so well, easy to clean, quite honestly I didn't even know they're for coffee until recently.

I have a silver mesh strainer that I love.

Well I know that this thread has cooled, but I just got a new Hue&Brew teapot with infuser basket and have to tell someone. My wife says I'm a nerd, but I'm loving it.

Coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon. My favorite is green tea (gyokuro imperial from teavana). I have a bunch of teavana herbals and blends but the GI is my absolute favorite.

1st time I went to Myrtle Beach was my 1st experience with sweet tea, went out for dinner asked for iced tea and almost went into diabetic shock on my 1st sip. I think the tea is just there to add coloring otherwise its pretty much straight sugar water...

That sugar water is the "official" elixir of the entire south. I know people who drink it all day long and I enjoy it with lunch and supper. Funny thing is I drink my coffee black with no sugar and can't stand unsweetened tea. :thinking:

Picked up 4 ounces of "Gunpowder Tea" today at a local health food store. Not bad, if you don't mess up like I did. I brewed with 2 times as many leaves as I should have, for 4 times as long. Note to self, read up on a tea before brewing.... That stuff laid me on my arse.

Dont drink any of CoolBreeze's "tea" and operate heavy machinery

Picked up 4 ounces of "Gunpowder Tea" today at a local health food store. Not bad, if you don't mess up like I did. I brewed with 2 times as many leaves as I should have, for 4 times as long. Note to self, read up on a tea before brewing.... That stuff laid me on my arse.

Gees man! I bet that steeping was seriously smoky. That would be undrinkable to me. I like the second steeping much better than the first with gunpowder. I usually drink 4 steepings with that stuff.

Gees man! I bet that steeping was seriously smoky. That would be undrinkable to me. I like the second steeping much better than the first with gunpowder. I usually drink 4 steepings with that stuff.
It felt like drinking melted rubber, it about killed me. I made a cup this morning that was wonderful. Had a beautiful golden liqueur. Gonna do a multi-steep tonight, never done that before.

Costco for $18ish and you get 100 bags. Drink it hot or cold and add a little honey to take the bite off.

1cf2af5a.jpg

The only tea I will add anything to is a chai or a earl grey. I like a little milk in both, and the chai gets sugar too.

I love green tea. I typically drink either Arizon or Lipton and usually drink it with a bit of lemon in it. Im working on eliminating soda from my diet, so green tea has been a good alternative that still gives me caffeine (Im hooked on it from decades of drinking too much soda) and is a much healthier drink than soda.
Not to mention green tea has antioxidants that are supposed to help free radical cells from forming into cancer cells, which is never a bad thing.

Sipping a second steep of the gunpowder and I must say, it is definitely much better than the first, less oily and less astringent, but still has it's grassy, sweet smoky flavor

Sipping a second steep of the gunpowder and I must say, it is definitely much better than the first, less oily and less astringent, but still has it's grassy, sweet smoky flavor

Awesome! Try a 3rd and a 4th if you have time. The caffine will be gone, but the antioxidants will still be there because the moliculs are bigger

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Tea is what the british empire was built on haha you've not had a cup of tea until you've had some Tetley Tea!

I drink 2-3 cups of tea everyday. My typical go to is Twinings Earl Grey. In my drawer at work I also have Irish Breakfast Tea, English Breakfast Tea, Numi Gunpowder Green Tea, and Guayaki Yerba Mate. I will typically drink my tea with a bit of honey.

I just recently got into tea, and it has completely replaced coffee in my life - although the occasional weekend Iced Coffee from DD is a must!

I have been on a big coffee kick and I am going to brew my first steepings in a couple of weeks. I think I am going to go with Ti Kuan Yin Oolong. I am not a fan of the particular brand that I got, but the tee is still good. Teavana has the best teas I have tried to date. Go figure.

Let me know how that goes, newver had oolong. Picking up a few ounces of darjeeling and jasmine next week.
I have been on a big coffee kick and I am going to brew my first steepings in a couple of weeks. I think I am going to go with Ti Kuan Yin Oolong. I am not a fan of the particular brand that I got, but the tee is still good. Teavana has the best teas I have tried to date. Go figure.

Let me know how that goes, newver had oolong. Picking up a few ounces of darjeeling and jasmine next week.

It is my favorite tea along with Silver Needle white tea. It is an expensive tea though. It is not grassy at all like green teas tend to be. It has a very smooth taste with floral notes to it. I think that Oolong is my favorite of the tea varieties.

Edit: most Oolong teas tend to be better on subsequent steepings. There are some where I can't wait to get to the 3rd and 4th steeping.

I currently share an office with two Chinese people who graciously provide me with tea from their homeland. I couldn't tell you what these boxes say, but the tea inside is really good. One green, one jasmine, and one red tea which they tell me is currently very popular in China. I drink it as they do, with a few pinches of leaves just loosely floating around in the hot water. Occasionally one of them will bring in ginseng root which makes really good tea as well.

Here's my current collection:

IMAG0156.jpg

I currently share an office with two Chinese people who graciously provide me with tea from their homeland. I couldn't tell you what these boxes say, but the tea inside is really good. One green, one jasmine, and one red tea which they tell me is currently very popular in China. I drink it as they do, with a few pinches of leaves just loosely floating around in the hot water. Occasionally one of them will bring in ginseng root which makes really good tea as well.

Here's my current collection:

IMAG0156.jpg

I am very jealous.

Back