I've worn one for about nine months and I continue to wear it everyday. Not life changing but helps out here and there. At this price point, that's all I could ask for.

Enjoying it so far. Looking forward to seeing how it works with Golfshot tomorrow.

Enjoying it so far. Looking forward to seeing how it works with Golfshot tomorrow.

I posted about using it with golfshot a while back. The most frustrating thing about it is having to go back in to the golfshot app on the watch every time you want a distance. I wish it could remember the last action and when you wake the screen up be on golfshot. Having to wake the screen up, hit the digital crown for the app screen, then hit the golfshot app was annoying.

Also, walking to your ball away from the cart and only getting the distance to where your phone is was annoying too.

I posted about using it with golfshot a while back. The most frustrating thing about it is having to go back in to the golfshot app on the watch every time you want a distance. I wish it could remember the last action and when you wake the screen up be on golfshot. Having to wake the screen up, hit the digital crown for the app screen, then hit the golfshot app was annoying.

Also, walking to your ball away from the cart and only getting the distance to where your phone is was annoying too.

Yuck. I only use golfshot for yardages on new courses now that I have a rangefinder. I was wanting to try the scoring and stats feature without having to go to my phone each time.

It's almost worth the price for the notifications. I've barely used my phone at all tonight.

Yuck. I only use golfshot for yardages on new courses now that I have a rangefinder. I was wanting to try the scoring and stats feature without having to go to my phone each time.

It's almost worth the price for the notifications. I've barely used my phone at all tonight.

I did like it for quick scoring.

Anyone try trackmygolf app yet? This watch is still on my radar but will probably buy the new release

all you need to do is change the setting in the watch app on your phone. General > wake screen > on wrist raise > resume last activity. That way every time you raise your wrist it stays on the golf shot app.

And just throw your phone in your back pocket...I can't even tell its there...but I have the 6s...probably couldn't say the same if it were a 6s+ lol.

Anyone try trackmygolf app yet? This watch is still on my radar but will probably buy the new release

In concept it's great. But needs a lot of work. I tried it once a while ago but haven't tried the latest version as I'm completely happy with Golfshot. biggest issue I was having was that the distances were WAY off and not very accurate. The shot detection needed some work too.

In concept it's great. But needs a lot of work. I tried it once a while ago but haven't tried the latest version as I'm completely happy with Golfshot. biggest issue I was having was that the distances were WAY off and not very accurate. The shot detection needed some work too.

Thanks. Since it will be a while before I get my watch hopefully that gets worked out. Will probably try several of the apps

What are your thoughts after using it on the course Josh?

all you need to do is change the setting in the watch app on your phone. General > wake screen > on wrist raise > resume last activity. That way every time you raise your wrist it stays on the golf shot app.

And just throw your phone in your back pocket...I can't even tell its there...but I have the 6s...probably couldn't say the same if it were a 6s+ lol.

tried this today and it worked like a charm......launched Golf Shot....then opened the watch app and changed the wrist raise setting......everytime I get ready to hit a shot I just raised my wrist and it brought up Golfshot with my distances....very cool and MUCH easier to use!

I tried Golfshot last year with my Apple Watch. At times it was really slow to update the distance. Using the phone app directly I generally didn't have that issue, so the lag appeared to be in the communication between watch and phone. That was a couple watch OS updates back. Anyone seeing that lag currently? If that is fixed, I would totally dig using this app again on the watch.

A friend of mine and fellow golfer, creates apps for Apple and Android. He says the best golf app so far is Hole19. Works great on the watch and phone.

I tried Golfshot last year with my Apple Watch. At times it was really slow to update the distance. Using the phone app directly I generally didn't have that issue, so the lag appeared to be in the communication between watch and phone. That was a couple watch OS updates back. Anyone seeing that lag currently? If that is fixed, I would totally dig using this app again on the watch.

Depending when you tried it last year...it could be significantly better. Earlier versions were pretty buggy.

update: finally got to test out v4.4. Do not update if you're on v4.2 somehow they managed to ruin the apple watch app...as it is now painfully slow to update. That was not the case with v4.2 which was pretty much instantaneous.

Last edited:
What are your thoughts after using it on the course Josh?

It's a tad slow loading to begin with, but I could see it being pretty useful. I ended up just going back to my phone to input scores. I wore it during the round with no issues, though.

I made the decision, I'm going to try and wear my apple watch for GPS the next few rounds, I have a few different options downloaded to try, will start testing them out next weekend.

I made the decision, I'm going to try and wear my apple watch for GPS the next few rounds, I have a few different options downloaded to try, will start testing them out next weekend.

Which apps are you going to test it with?

I'm about to start using Game Golf Live - but don't have the Apple Watch. :(

Which apps are you going to test it with?

I'm about to start using Game Golf Live - but don't have the Apple Watch. :(

FunGolf, GolfShot, GolfShot+ and Hole19

Can you enter scores on the watch? Or you still need to do that on the phone?

FunGolf, GolfShot, GolfShot+ and Hole19

Looking forward to see what you think of these apps. I'm still undecided if I should get an Apple Watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back