Saw this too. No rumors of built in gps which is discouraging but more info will roll out after Christmas I bet.
I would be very surprised if the new Apple watch had a built in GPS. The GPS feature would suck the life out of the battery. If co-ordinates are needed I assume that they can be obtained from your iPhone. I don't have one today, but I'll grab one at the next upgrade.

I would be very surprised if the new Apple watch had a built in GPS. The GPS feature would suck the life out of the battery. If co-ordinates are needed I assume that they can be obtained from your iPhone. I don't have one today, but I'll grab one at the next upgrade.

Yes but if it has built in GPS (which you could turn off) you could use it to run without your phone, or play golf without keeping your phone nearby. Making it much more useful.

Yes but if it has built in GPS (which you could turn off) you could use it to run without your phone, or play golf without keeping your phone nearby. Making it much more useful.

Exactly why I want it built in.

Well, the golf part.

I don't run.

I have been pondering one of these. What are most of you guys using your for?

assuming you have iphone of some sort. Do you spend more time on the watch than phone for certain things
With the watch and phone connected to Wifi @ work, I never carry my phone. Emails, texts, all alerts straight to the phone, and the ability to Dick Tracy dictate replies is convenient for me, as I am rarely just sitting at the desk.

Plus, the little things that make it convenient, especially with Siri, make it quite nice.

With the watch and phone connected to Wifi @ work, I never carry my phone. Emails, texts, all alerts straight to the phone, and the ability to Dick Tracy dictate replies is convenient for me, as I am rarely just sitting at the desk.

Plus, the little things that make it convenient, especially with Siri, make it quite nice.

thanks.

Ok, so I am doing a serious ponder on these right now, what are the pros and cons for you guys that have them?

Are you using them for golf? What app?

Anybody using the interface for Arcoss or GameGolf?

I am also wondering if I should wait for The Watch 2 to come out?

Ok, so I am doing a serious ponder on these right now, what are the pros and cons for you guys that have them?

I'm wondering the same thing, but I'm leaning towards waiting for v2 to come out to see if it has GPS.

I am... I use the hole19 app and it works fairly well... only downside is because it doesn't have built in GPS... your phone has to be within bluetooth range to get an accurate reading, otherwise it works well.

I'm definitely waiting for v2 (as I usually do with apple products).

I'm really hoping they open the NFC APIs up to 3rd part developers. If they do that it will really shake up the Arcoss/Game Golf space.

To be honest the only reason I got V1 instead of V2 was because it was a christmas gft... if you guys are contemplating it now... wait a few months for V2 to come out because 1) with apple products V2 is always better than V1 (probably willl have GPS built in and 2) V1 will be ridiculously cheap after V2 comes out to liquidate inventory

I'm definitely waiting for v2 (as I usually do with apple products).

I'm really hoping they open the NFC APIs up to 3rd part developers. If they do that it will really shake up the Arcoss/Game Golf space.
TBH, I highly doubt they will... I don't know for sure but I don't know of any product apple has where they opened their API's for developers in that aspect. usually only if they can't solve the NFC themselves, while I see a huge benefit for the consumer to have an open API... I don't see as big of a benefit for the developer

To be honest the only reason I got V1 instead of V2 was because it was a christmas gft... if you guys are contemplating it now... wait a few months for V2 to come out because 1) with apple products V2 is always better than V1 (probably willl have GPS built in and 2) V1 will be ridiculously cheap after V2 comes out to liquidate inventory

That would be my guess.

My Boss (has tones of cash) really had to have one when they first came out. She loves hers and has had it on since the day it arrived. She likes it, and my guess is, once the new version comes out, she'll upgrade to that one. She usually does that with her iPhone, too.

That would be my guess.

My Boss (has tones of cash) really had to have one when they first came out. She loves hers and has had it on since the day it arrived. She likes it, and my guess is, once the new version comes out, she'll upgrade to that one. She usually does that with her iPhone, too.
Yeah, I'll probably see what new technology the V2 adds over my V1... and see what the trade in on my V1 is... and if I see the perceived value I will do that as well... I do the same with my iphone.. sometimes I trade it, sometimes I do not.

Ive had my watch for 7 months now. I love watches and also have a Breitling, Omega and couple others. The Omega was my everyday watch. Ever since I got the Apple Watch, I've only used my other watches a handful of times...they mostly just sit on the watch winder. What you have to keep in mind is that the current Apple Watch is an extension of your iPhone. With my work and daily activities, glancing at notifications on my watch and not having to take my iPhone out is what I find invaluable.

I use Golfshot gps on the Apple Watch and it's very good. Yes you have to keep your phone on you but it's not a big deal for me for 2 reasons. For one, I used Golfshot on my phone before getting the watch so I'm used to carrying my phone on me...I can't even tell its in my back pocket. 2, although you can score on your watch, I like tracking stats in the Golfshot app....fairways hit, sand shots, penalties etc..and you need to do that on the phone.

i can't think of any cons other than in today's age...we expect computers to be lightning fast...and there is some lag on the Apple Watch...compared to today's standards.

Should you wait for AW2? There's nothing official on when it will come out. But at this point I'd def wait and see if anything is announced in the next couple months. And if they're not gonna bring it out this year....just go ahead and buy one.

I've now had to unpair and repair my apple watch a couple times in the last few months, it takes a while for the whole process, un pair, re pair, restore from backup, but every time it always seems to fix the odd things it's doing, wish the process was quicker!

I have one and have used it for Arccos, but don't find it all that helpful. Usually faster just to pull my phone out of my pocket and get the distance that way, plus with the phone you get an overview of the whole. The fact that you have to have your phone in your pocket or very close to get functionality limits the Iwatch's use in my opinion.

I personally recommend waiting for the next model. While I don't regret buying mine, it isn't something that if I lost it tomorrow I would rush to replace. It is not overly refined, especially when compared to other apple products that are very user friendly.

e4c33cb005ea208b633cb28f2c6cd4df.jpg

My girlfriend surprised me with an Apple Watch for Valentine's Day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e4c33cb005ea208b633cb28f2c6cd4df.jpg

My girlfriend surprised me with an Apple Watch for Valentine's Day!!

Enjoy it. I'm a fan, even though I think it's quite limited.

My wife also got me one for v day. So far I really like it

Looking forward to getting an Apple watch soon but I'm waiting for the next 2.0 version. Unfortunately it now sounds like it's been delayed until the September announcements.

Price dropped down to $299 at Best Buy. I may go pick one up today. If they add a camera to the new one, I don't think that's enough for me to want to wait.

Back