Arccos Caddie 2.0

This new update is like.

Has this "Set Pin Location" feature for Apple Watch made it out of beta? The difficulty of setting a somewhat accurate pin location is probably my 2nd biggest complaint about Arccos. The 1st is that it misses shots regularly, especially putts and bunker shots.
No. Unfortunately it was removed due to it causing other issues. I was bummed because I loved it.

No. Unfortunately it was removed due to it causing other issues. I was bummed because I loved it.
That's extremely disappointing. Seriously considering switching to ShotScope V3 which seems to handle putting and pin location setting really well.

That's extremely disappointing. Seriously considering switching to ShotScope V3 which seems to handle putting and pin location setting really well.
Adding more to do on Apple Watch would just ensure that a full round could not be captured. I can barely get a full round out of watch being used as shot detection on my Series 4 watch. My last round, watch was dead by 15th hole. I had mostly used phone as shot detection, but gave it a shot with new update, going back to using phone again which I don't mind at all as it's in my pocket all the time anyway.

Adding more to do on Apple Watch would just ensure that a full round could not be captured. I can barely get a full round out of watch being used as shot detection on my Series 4 watch. My last round, watch was dead by 15th hole. I had mostly used phone as shot detection, but gave it a shot with new update, going back to using phone again which I don't mind at all as it's in my pocket all the time anyway.
I have no problem with battery usage on my Series 3.

Just installed my sensors last weekend and played my first round using Arccos. Installation and activation using the iOS app was seamless. Just screw the sensors into the grips and scan with phone! I use an Odyssey Triple Track Ten putter and I did have to cut the screw shorter for that sensor, but ultimately got that screwed in and stable.

I downloaded the course before the round and it was easy to pick my tees and start the round. The GPS on the app and Apple Watch was accurate and provided front/middle/back yardages to the green. The app was super helpful since I was playing a new course. You just click on the screen to find distances throughout the course.

Throughout the round, Arccos only missed 5-6 shots (out of 89 😖). Gave me one extra wedge, missed a wedge, miscounted a couple putts, and missed some action where I was hacking around in the woods with a 7i. It was easy to add penalties to calculate my score and always moved me accurately from hole to hole. I’m looking forward to testing out the Apple Watch shot detection, but didn’t find it very intrusive to have my phone in my front pocket. My almost 3 year old iPhone X still had 40% battery at the end of the round. The stats in the app are super cool and useful. I will definitely be obsessing over the data as I get more rounds posted with the sensors. It would be great if Arccos provided a handicap function or integration, but I’ll continue posting scores to TheGrint as well.
2FFEA787-94DE-4C29-A8E1-0CF48D7E43B5.jpeg2D1584CD-756C-4C68-8440-B7D3B51C933E.jpeg

Really enjoy the new update

Just installed my sensors last weekend and played my first round using Arccos. Installation and activation using the iOS app was seamless. Just screw the sensors into the grips and scan with phone! I use an Odyssey Triple Track Ten putter and I did have to cut the screw shorter for that sensor, but ultimately got that screwed in and stable.

I downloaded the course before the round and it was easy to pick my tees and start the round. The GPS on the app and Apple Watch was accurate and provided front/middle/back yardages to the green. The app was super helpful since I was playing a new course. You just click on the screen to find distances throughout the course.

Throughout the round, Arccos only missed 5-6 shots (out of 89 😖). Gave me one extra wedge, missed a wedge, miscounted a couple putts, and missed some action where I was hacking around in the woods with a 7i. It was easy to add penalties to calculate my score and always moved me accurately from hole to hole. I’m looking forward to testing out the Apple Watch shot detection, but didn’t find it very intrusive to have my phone in my front pocket. My almost 3 year old iPhone X still had 40% battery at the end of the round. The stats in the app are super cool and useful. I will definitely be obsessing over the data as I get more rounds posted with the sensors. It would be great if Arccos provided a handicap function or integration, but I’ll continue posting scores to TheGrint as well.

Pretty much my experience after about five rounds, except it misses about three shots per round. I also continue to post to TheGrint.

What happened to the color-coded shot-by-shot Strokes Gained info at the bottom of the round summaries on the desktop dashboard? That was one of my favorite aspects of Arccos.

What happened to the color-coded shot-by-shot Strokes Gained info at the bottom of the round summaries on the desktop dashboard? That was one of my favorite aspects of Arccos.
Hmm yeah that is very disappointing. I really liked this view for seeing what club I teed off with and how it went from there.

Edit: I'm noticing other issues from whatever update they just pushed to the web dashboard. I'm getting tons of "there was an issue fetching this round," which is something I never experienced before. Every view is slow to load, despite a lot of the data being cached locally because it's a React app. Even rounds that are already cached on my computer refuse to load.

Last edited:
I disappointed with the update, strokes gained is meaningless for my game and for me. Can I please have my old stats summary back?

It is almost too in depth. It is more difficult to get basic stats like FIR/GIR. It is cool to have the option to go deeper in stats, and I love that I can compare myself to other handicaps other than scratch.

I just went to try and find my stats for my latest round and I have to say I'd like the option for the old way doing things. I don't like the strokes gained layout and I miss the old pie charts and graphs to show me how the round went.

I just went to try and find my stats for my latest round and I have to say I'd like the option for the old way doing things. I don't like the strokes gained layout and I miss the old pie charts and graphs to show me how the round went.
I agree. I like that the current stats are an option, but they shouldn’t have removed the old, basic view. I liked the old view on the app and wish they would have added strokes to gain to look at in desktop

After exploring the new Arccos a bit more all that info is still there you just have to search for it, using drop down menus and scrolling further down. If you really read it and get into it, I think it could be helpful to those looking to improve.

I do think it’s a lot of info for the average golfer though and not as simplified as it was before which is a bit frustrating.

Arccos has been helpful finding my ball on those rare occasions it’s not straight down the middle. I just check the app to see how far I am from the tee and know if I’m in the right general area.

Just discovered the ‘set pin to current location’ function during my last round. 🤯 I like it!

I've been having troubles since the last couple of updates, much more shots being missed and not advancing holes automatically etc. I tend not to keep it on, just lock the screen and rely on my watch for distances but nothing has changed over the last few months in how I use it. Will maybe see if there is another update due soon, making me a bit wary about splashing out for a Link to be honest.

Can you elaborate please? Are you using a Link, or is this function somewhere in the app?

Just discovered the ‘set pin to current location’ function during my last round. 🤯 I like it!

Can you elaborate please? Are you using a Link, or is this function somewhere in the app?
Not using the link. It’s a function in the app. If I recall, you click the green icon and there’s a blue bar giving you the option to set the pin to your location.

Okay, I am having some problems with Arccos lately. Or more specifically, with the Driver. Arccos cannot seem to detect any of my driver swings. I thought perhaps it was the sensor, so I bought a new grip and new sensor, but still, nothing. Arccos picks up all my other shots just fine. I even thought it might be my phone? I recently got a new phone (switching from android to an iPhone 12), but still nothing.

Any ideas what the problem could be? Another bad driver sensor? I can't figure it out.

Okay, I am having some problems with Arccos lately. Or more specifically, with the Driver. Arccos cannot seem to detect any of my driver swings. I thought perhaps it was the sensor, so I bought a new grip and new sensor, but still, nothing. Arccos picks up all my other shots just fine. I even thought it might be my phone? I recently got a new phone (switching from android to an iPhone 12), but still nothing.

Any ideas what the problem could be? Another bad driver sensor? I can't figure it out.
did you try re-pairing the club with that sensor? it should tell you if it can't detect it.

did you try re-pairing the club with that sensor? it should tell you if it can't detect it.
Yes, that's another annoyance. It pairs just fine! :mad:

Yes, that's another annoyance. It pairs just fine! :mad:

Arccos customer service is quite good. I'd put in a help ticket and have them sort you out.

Back