Arccos Golf GPS Stat Tracking System Review

I haven't experienced that yet. Only time it has crashed was when I loaded a course that wasn't mapped.

I'll be honest I'm not actually using with sensors (the app works pretty well without them) but it crashes nonetheless on these edits. If I get comfortable with the software I'll probably get the sensors and use full time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fully pondering this. Question. If i misshit a shot, can i flag it so the system knows how many mishits i have per club, and it takes those mishits out of my distance averages?

Any of you have issues with the app crashing when trying to edit shots? This includes moving a previous shot or adding a penalty etc.

My app got very laggy and slow after about 25 rounds, it stopped working all together after 30 rounds. I uninstalled it and then reinstall it, now it woeks just fine.

Pulled the trigger on this. Also ordered an extra putting sensor for $30. I called and they said we could share the sensors over 2 accounts, which is awesome since I play 7 clubs and the wife plays 4. We have a couple extra left over, and the cost is for 2 people instead of one.

BTW, this is why you get the wife into golf. I am pondering this and she says...just get it! Okay honey, if you insist. lol

Sold!

Fully pondering this. Question. If i misshit a shot, can i flag it so the system knows how many mishits i have per club, and it takes those mishits out of my distance averages?

You can edit out miss hits from your club averages.

You can edit out miss hits from your club averages.

Thanks. Yeah I saw that on the demo. I spoke with customer service and suggested that they give you the ability to record a mishit, so you can see how many mishits you have with a certain club. I would think it could be automatic, as if you typically hit your 3 hybrid 180 yards, and then hit it 60, that had to be a mishit. I would like to know how many mishits i have with any club. The guy I spoke with said he would suggest it.

Thanks. Yeah I saw that on the demo. I spoke with customer service and suggested that they give you the ability to record a mishit, so you can see how many mishits you have with a certain club. I would think it could be automatic, as if you typically hit your 3 hybrid 180 yards, and then hit it 60, that had to be a mishit. I would like to know how many mishits i have with any club. The guy I spoke with said he would suggest it.

Automatic would be tough because of the occasional chips with a 7i or a punch out with a 5i, etc.

Arccos send out a quarterly survey where they ask for feedback and future development ideas. Since I bought the unit in Dec 14 they have added quite a few awesome features.

Automatic would be tough because of the occasional chips with a 7i or a punch out with a 5i, etc.

I understand they exclude shots under 50 yards from your average, so this might not be an issue.

Arccos send out a quarterly survey where they ask for feedback and future development ideas. Since I bought the unit in Dec 14 they have added quite a few awesome features.

They seem really responsive. They answered my email in 30 minutes, and had a sale 15 minutes later. I like where this product is going, and love the stats. Can't wait to get mine!

One more thing that might be cool is the ability to specify the ball you are playing for a round. That would allow you to filter stats by ball, and see which one you play best with.

I just received my Arccos system today, and i am impressed. First, i ordered it on Monday, so i give them kudos for free shipping that was actually 2 days. Second, the packaging is extremely professional. It has that Apple feel to it. Third, the pairing and setup process was very polished. It went flawlessly. It gives me a lot of confidence that this product is engineered correctly. I will provide some more feedback after my first time out, which will be Saturday.

So far, so good.

So i played 9 today with Arccos. Overall i like it. The data is awesome, and it worked pretty well. On the first hole it detected 2 putts before i even teed off. No biggie. Easy to delete. Aside from that i would say it was very accurate. One tee shot landed near the rough, but it was a FIR. Arccos got it wrong, but it was super easy to edit after the fact. No problems with it recognizing putts, and overall it wasn't a big distraction.

When i got home i reviewed the score and made a few edits, but i did keep score manually as well. I think that is a must. But overall i REALLY like this system. It's a keeper.

So I have used Arccos for about 30 rounds now, and I am still super pleased. During the round, it is handy as it has a map of each hole as you are playing it as well as GPS (I usually use my range finder, but for blind shots, this comes in huge).

Post round is where this really shines. The website is great and let's you delve into a lot of data. You can look at some of it in the app, but I prefer all the data on the webpage. How far I hit clubs, how I often I hit them and where I usually miss has helped me quite a bit.

All this plus it is so seamless to use. I had to edit 2 shots yesterday, one was an extra putt that got picked up, and another was a when I dropped my LW on the way back to the cart.

I attribute a bit of my improvement to Arccos as it has helped me direct my practice to the areas I really need to focus on. I have dropped about 4 strokes this year, and I hope to shave a few more off before January.

So I finally got to try the arccos system and I really love it. The only thing I dislike is having to haul my iPhone around with me to get accurate gps placement. I might need to find a clip or something because it's just not working out in my pockets. That little negative aside it tracked really well and I liked being able to see immediately how far I had hit shots.

I threw mine in my back pocket which seemed to work out well. Hated having to take it out for GPS, but relied heavily on my rangefinder.

I don't really use mine for GPS, maybe a quick glance on the tee box. I use my rangefinder for distance.

Had a battery die on me during a round this weekend, swapped it out and was good to go (had to reset the app though).

I keep mine in my front left pocket (5S) and I have no issues.

I don't really use mine for GPS, maybe a quick glance on the tee box. I use my rangefinder for distance.

Had a battery die on me during a round this weekend, swapped it out and was good to go (had to reset the app though).

I keep mine in my front left pocket (5S) and I have no issues.[/QUOTE]

I keep mine in the same spot (6) and am very comfortable with it. But I am pretty used to that as when I go to the range I keep my phone there and listen to music while I hit balls.

I keep mine in my front left pocket (5S) and I have no issues.[/QUOTE]

I keep mine in the same spot (6) and am very comfortable with it. But I am pretty used to that as when I go to the range I keep my phone there and listen to music while I hit balls.

Didn't try my left pocket. Was right or back. Back pocket it kept turning sideways. I think I banged it once or twice swinging so the left pocket might be a good idea.

I am selling mine.
Comes with some extra replacement batteries. Near new condition.
$190 CONUS.

I am selling mine.
Comes with some extra replacement batteries. Near new condition.
$190 CONUS.

If you want to sell it you should list it in the marketplace with pictures and such. Will get way more views there.

I am not quite OCD, but I always keep stuff in the same pockets:

Left front: Iphone
Right front: ball marker/tees/divot tool
Left back: glove
right back: scorecard holder/scorecard

I usually hit balls and putt like this when I am practicing just so I am used to it.

Didn't try my left pocket. Was right or back. Back pocket it kept turning sideways. I think I banged it once or twice swinging so the left pocket might be a good idea.

Anyone know on the potential for Android support? Last I saw it was in the "near future" (October 2014 was the present then). I'd really like something like this.

Back