Arccos Golf GPS Stat Tracking System Review

That kinda sounds like a byproduct of your bag and its compartments than the sensors themselves. Rubber grips, rubber sensors, stupid vinyl dividers in bags.. I've had bags where I've gone to grab just one club and two or three come with it. That has to do a number on them and I'm just not sure anything will help with that unless you go the staff bag or different grip route.
True, but its an important factor that should be taken into consideration as a my New Decade grips and Sun Mountain bags are quite common. I'm a huge fan of Arccos. One thing I think would help tremendously is if they found a way to make the sensor lower profile - more like the game golf sensors.

True, but its an important factor that should be taken into consideration as a my New Decade grips and Sun Mountain bags are quite common. I'm a huge fan of Arccos. One thing I think would help tremendously is if they found a way to make the sensor lower profile - more like the game golf sensors.

Ah, I didn't realize they were bulkier than Game Golf. The Game Golf ones were actually pretty slick and "screwed" in. Do yours screw in as well and are they slightly wider than the butt end of the grip?

Ah, I didn't realize they were bulkier than Game Golf. The Game Golf ones were actually pretty slick and "screwed" in. Do yours screw in as well and are they slightly wider than the butt end of the grip?

They screw in and mean to sit flush with the butt of the grip width wise. They'll just make the club feel "longer" since you can accidentally grip the sensor opposed to the top of the grip. Kind of a pain from time to time but that's user error

Which Sun Mountain bag do you have?

would be a great idea for a future 2.0 release for sure. I am still considering picking this up though, constantly looking for a steal online

I have a Sun Mountain Cart bag, and it hasn't been an issue. Not sure if that is because of the 14 way dividers, or what. For the data I am getting out of this item, I would have no problem adding some tape to keep them in place. Definitely not ideal, and maybe they will come up with a better design for the next model.

Back to the electrical tape. The heat shrink tubing didn't take long to fall off as the little bit it rubs on my hands in the swing loosens it up quickly. O well.

Back to the electrical tape. The heat shrink tubing didn't take long to fall off as the little bit it rubs on my hands in the swing loosens it up quickly. O well.

That sucks.....hope you get it figured out

would be a great idea for a future 2.0 release for sure. I am still considering picking this up though, constantly looking for a steal online
Check Amazon - I think you'll be pleased

Everyone bitching about not being able to use Arccos because its only usable on Iphone, they told me I just need an Iphone 4s or newer but don't need it to be activated on a cellular network. So I had a friend give me his old Iphone he wasnt using and I am going to use it as my dedicated Arccos device. I actually prefer this than having my phone do the data collection. Ill just use the iphone as my golf data collector and gps. Phone will stay on silent in my bag and i wont get distracted when the wife txt's or calls. :)

Now that Arcoss is selling for $300, if your on an android, just hit up craigslist or your friends and see if you can get a cheap Iphone and just use it as a dedicated Arcoss device until they release their Android app.

I am going to attempt to game this system tomorrow, if I cant get in anywhere im gonna get out monday for sure.

So finally went to Arccos home page and logged in to my account. I had not looked at the data on there previously, but man I was really impressed with all the data!

All the data has helped me realized how terrible I am at certain parts of my game, and how good I am with my shortgame/putter. All the work I have put in on the driver helped out yesterday as my strokes gained was 10 strokes better than my average, and not surprisingly I played my best round of the year shooting an 82 with no lost balls.

So finally went to Arccos home page and logged in to my account. I had not looked at the data on there previously, but man I was really impressed with all the data!

All the data has helped me realized how terrible I am at certain parts of my game, and how good I am with my shortgame/putter. All the work I have put in on the driver helped out yesterday as my strokes gained was 10 strokes better than my average, and not surprisingly I played my best round of the year shooting an 82 with no lost balls.

can you share some screenshots?

Having issues inserting screen capture from my work PC this morning. Let me try again when I get home from my Mac. I am a data nerd and this stuff has me geeking out (especially since I have seen some improvement lately!).

Arccos Golf GPS Stat Tracking System Review

Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 7.23.56 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-06-28 at 7.35.38 PM.jpg

Hopefully others can see this, but these are a couple of the photos from the Arccos Dashboard breaking down my performance for just driving the ball. There are separate pages for approach, chipping, sand and putting all with some cool breakdowns of each users performance.

I am a self admitted stat nerd, so this stuff is just gold for me. I have got my driving handicap down from 30 earlier in the year to 24 now. I need to get that down farther, and I think that will really help my approach stats as well.

Seeing these stats broken down was eye opening, as it let me know just how poor I was off the tee and helping me focus my practice (and has been motivation to make time to get to the gym) in the correct areas.

Last edited:
Seeing these stats broken down was eye opening, as it let me know just how poor I was off the tee and helping me focus my practice (and has been motivation to make time to get to the gym) in the correct areas.

Amen to that. Arccos has really shown me how poor my driving is.

Really wish the sensors weren't so big!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just played my first full round with Arccos on Friday. It was really cool to have all my shots recorded and measured. It took me a few holes to figure out how to edit stuff on the app and how to add a penalty stroke and where. I think that whenever I fixed a divot and tapped it flat with my putter it recorded a shot, but deleting a putt isn't a problem. I shot an 84 despite being 0-14 in fairways hit. My driver handicap is terrible and my chipping handicap is worse. My approach handicap is really good. My putting handicap is right in line with my overall. I expect my chipping handicap to get a lot better as that is one of my better areas or at least I used to think so.

I played my first two rounds with Arccos and I'll agree, it's excellent. It did take a bit to figure out how to properly handle penalty shots and I've had a few phantom detections, but those are easy to delete. I can definitely tell Arccos is going to be worth every cent paid.

My driving handicap is awful. I'm assuming that's largely based on distance, because I'm an extremely short hitter.

Has anyone figured out a better method to have these not come off your clubs? I've been having at least once per game with the sensor being stuck in my 14 way Sun Mountain Four 5 bag. I just put non-residue duct Tape on and did a few tests to have it come out of the bag and i see the tape being moved around / pulled already.

Let me know as I'm getting agitated with flipping my bag upside down in the middle of a game to get the sensor.

I am hoping to see a good deal on these on Wednesday during Amazon Prime discount day!

Has anyone figured out a better method to have these not come off your clubs? I've been having at least once per game with the sensor being stuck in my 14 way Sun Mountain Four 5 bag. I just put non-residue duct Tape on and did a few tests to have it come out of the bag and i see the tape being moved around / pulled already.

Let me know as I'm getting agitated with flipping my bag upside down in the middle of a game to get the sensor.

Electrical Tape is the best thing I've found. Don't use the cheap stuff but good quality 3M stuff. I just keep a role in my bag now too in case I need to rewrap a sensor, which does happen with my driver.

So do I really need my phone in my pocket, or can I lay on the ground near me as I am about to take a shot, or since I walk can I have it in my bag near me say 5 to 6 feet.

Back