Arccos Golf GPS Stat Tracking System Review

Anyone know on the potential for Android support? Last I saw it was in the "near future" (October 2014 was the present then). I'd really like something like this.
I am interested in this as well

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

So how are you using the Arccos app without having any clubs paired? I have been using the Game Golf app like this for some time but thought I would try the Arccos app the same way?

I'll be honest I'm not actually using with sensors (the app works pretty well without them) but it crashes nonetheless on these edits. If I get comfortable with the software I'll probably get the sensors and use full time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am taking this out for the first time tomorrow. Excited is an understatement

So how are you using the Arccos app without having any clubs paired? I have been using the Game Golf app like this for some time but thought I would try the Arccos app the same way?

I actually have the sensors now, but i just went past the pairing stage, and just marked my shots on my phone based on the GPS. Obviously the analytics didn't work well as there were no specific clubs... The GPS distances and such worked fine without the sensors.

OK, Thanks, I may try the same thing since I am deciding between Game Golf and this. Like what Game golf gives me but I do not want to have to plug in and upload after every round.

I actually have the sensors now, but i just went past the pairing stage, and just marked my shots on my phone based on the GPS. Obviously the analytics didn't work well as there were no specific clubs... The GPS distances and such worked fine without the sensors.

I have not tried game golf but I'm very happy with arccos. I believe I saw a price drop too

I haven't been able to use arccos on my phone for at least 10 days now due to the iOS 9.02 update. Not sure when the next update will be. Ugh. Probably is because I use a 4s

Just purchased this system and waiting for it to arrive. Can't wait to put some hard truths into my prep work!

Had my first truly frustrating experience with Arccos. While playing down with THPers over the weekend, arccos missed several shots, and the mapping was all over the place.

My Sunday round, it put all shots taken after I finished the 13th hole on that hole... so it recorded that I took 27 strokes on the 13th, and didn't finish the round.

I ended up deleting the rounds, but will have to keep tabs on this going forward as this is the first time I have had issues like this. Maybe time to update the IOS on my phone I guess.

Well, heard back from Arccos on a recent update on a timetable for Android support. Bam!

I haven't been able to use arccos on my phone for at least 10 days now due to the iOS 9.02 update. Not sure when the next update will be. Ugh. Probably is because I use a 4s

The general release has been a disaster with iOS9. However I can assure you the latest Beta release of Arccos is extremely stable on IOS9.1. It never misses a shot including putts and is super user friendly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The general release has been a disaster with iOS9. However I can assure you the latest Beta release of Arccos is extremely stable on IOS9.1. It never misses a shot including putts and is super user friendly.

Where did you get the beta release?

I updated to IOS 9.1 and played 2 rounds this weekend. Only shots missed were with my 7W, think I need to un pair, re pair that club.

Maybe it was the courses played this weekend vs last weekend, or the update on the IOS but it went so smooth I didn't even think about it.

This like my golf game, when firing on all cylinders is pretty darn good.

Had an issue with a battery that I replaced in my SW and I had quite a few phantom shots and some shots registering as the SW when I was hitting 5i, PW etc. replaced the battery again and it's been great.

Really love the data, so much that data that is helpful.

Only issue is having to change shots that should be sand shots but that's the gps mapping and not a big fix.

So far I love the information provided when using this system. The app is easy to use and looks good. The data provided has definitely been helpful. The only drawback for me is that I really don't like hitting with this things attached to the clubs. I'm too aware of them and my hands are affected negatively because of it. Not sure if I'm going to use it long term yet.

Where did you get the beta release?

He said early in the review thread that he was asked to be a beta tester for the product.
Yep. I've been a Beta Tester now for about 8 months. I was asked since I was an early adopter and had several dozen rounds logged when they were looking for beta testers.

The software just continues to improve. The biggest PITA being a beta tester first is that the Beta info was on a different server so I had to run the general release and the beta release at the same time. Now everything was migrated to one server/database so I can just run the Beta version. The transition going from iOS8 to iOS9 was not very good IMHO as it was sluggish, didn't register shots, froze/crashed often and the watch App was useless. Of course at the time I was on iOS 9.1 Beta so that had something do with it. When iOS 9.1 became a general release and Arccos release the latest beta version, things really started to run extremely smooth. The next general release will be a very nice, polished product.

Just received this email from Arccos to become a beta tester for Android. Hope I get selected.

[h=2]Join #TeamArccos as an Android Beta Tester![/h]
Many golfers have reached out over the past year regarding an Android app for Arccos. We've listened and the time is finally here! Over the next few months, we'll be putting the finishing touches on our Android app and couldn't be more excited to launch to the general public.

However, before this initial launch, we will be running an Android Beta Program to collect user feedback aimed at fixing any last-minute issues with the new app. We are reaching out to you specifically because you have shown an interest in Arccos for Android in the past.

How can you join the Arccos Android Beta Program?

We are looking for the following:
  • Golfers who have an Android phone running the latest operating system – Lollipop or newer
  • Golfers who will be playing at least twice per week between the months of November and December
  • Golfers who are willing to share their experiences with Arccos by filling out post-round questionnaires and bug reports in order to help us identify any areas of improvements
What's in it for you?

• You will be among the first golfers to use and see the new Android app
  • All active Beta users will receive a free set of Arccos Golf sensors worth $299

Please note: Only a limited number of testers will be chosen based on the program’s specific needs.

To submit your application for the Arccos Android Beta Program, please fill out the following survey:

Just received this email from Arccos to become a beta tester for Android. Hope I get selected.

[h=2]Join #TeamArccos as an Android Beta Tester![/h]
Many golfers have reached out over the past year regarding an Android app for Arccos. We've listened and the time is finally here! Over the next few months, we'll be putting the finishing touches on our Android app and couldn't be more excited to launch to the general public.

However, before this initial launch, we will be running an Android Beta Program to collect user feedback aimed at fixing any last-minute issues with the new app. We are reaching out to you specifically because you have shown an interest in Arccos for Android in the past.

• Golfers who have an Android phone running the latest operating system – Lollipop or newer
  • Golfers who will be playing at least twice per week between the months of November and December
  • Golfers who are willing to share their experiences with Arccos by filling out post-round questionnaires and bug reports in order to help us identify any areas of improvements
What's in it for you?

• All active Beta users will receive a free set of Arccos Golf sensors worth $299

Please note: Only a limited number of testers will be chosen based on the program’s specific needs.

To submit your application for the Arccos Android Beta Program, please fill out the following survey:

That is a sweet deal. I wish I got a free set for being an iOS beta tester.

Join #TeamArccos as an Android Beta Tester!

What's in it for you?

Man, I need to find this application!!!

Today I got together with my instructor to work out a winter lesson plan. The data gathered from Arccos played a major part in the plan. My biggest struggle has been putting. Looking at the stats it became evident that I'm not getting the ball close to the pin with my scoring clubs - 7i thru wedges. I'm hitting a lot of GIR but also have a ton of 3 putts. So we are attacking both putting and short iron play.

Having all this data readily available is so helpful. My instructor was impressed with all the data.

Had some recent issues where phantom personal bests were being added. Arccos corrected them pretty quick.

Oh if you downloaded the update it looks sick, really excited to try it in Saturday

I agree, the new update looks great. They made editing a lot easier

I got selected to beta test the Arccos Android system. They are sending me a new set of sensors and the android app. I need to log 5 rounds by the end of the year for them.

So looks like they will roll out the Android system if all goes well in the first q next year.

Did anyone else get selected for this?

Back