Are you accurate with a fairway wood?

Pretty confident with my 5w off the tee, not as confident off the deck - probably 7/10 It will be straight and in play off the tee and 3/10 in play with good distance off the deck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am quite accurate in terms of distance and direction with my 5W. 3W yields less accuaracy in terms of both.

Every time. No. I'm getting better though

I can hit a 5w or 7w a long way, if I catch it. That's a big if. I usually will stick to a 4i or 5i at that distance. Better dispersion and less chance of shanking one.

This is basically me, but kind of to the rails - it's either one of the strongest clubs (like it was today, save for the topped ball), or the weakest in the bag.

This is how it is for me as well. One day it works great...the next day the total opposite. Good thing is for the not so good days, my 3 hybrid can take the ball decent distance and I do not loose that much ground

Usually accurate. 200 yds average. Sometimes a fade creeps into it though

Always is a pretty strong word. I had a good one today, one of the best shots I've ever pulled off that turned to poo real quick. On a par 5 I was 291 out with a 273 carry on a lake. I was in the left rough but sitting pretty decent, not really a flier lie but no trouble getting the club on it solidly. I briefly toyed with the idea of laying up but I was limited to laying it up to about 160 due to being in the rough, which took away the ideal layup angle. I was feeling it a bit at this point in the round so I said why not? I hit it dead nutt solid and it was on the pin the entire time. Perfect strike, couldn't have done it better, but slightly lower than my normal trajectory. Conditions were soft, very very soft and I normally have zero trouble with holding a green with even my driver due to the height I hit the ball. I see it hit dead in line with the flag so I knew I cleared the lake and hit the green buthad no clue from there. I get up to the green and my balls nowhere in sight. Uh oh. Best guess is it ended up in the woods somewhere 20-30 yards right and long. It also left the worst ball mark/gouge I've ever seen. It was about 8" long. Took me a full two minutes to repair it. I have no idea why it didn't hold and it took me mentally out of the game. This was 15 and I was one under at that point (albeit on a harder course than usual), took a 6 and ended up with bogeys on 16-17 for a 74. I'll take that but dang if it's not frustrating to have 13 pars and a bird on a tough course and then bogey 3 in a row. I was leaking oil at that point.

To the point of the thread, I'm pretty confidant with my 3w and will use it from 240-300 depending on lie and what I'm trying to do. I can hit it harder or softer depending on need. From a decent lie I'm pretty confidant in carrying it 270 if I need to do so. 260 is my ideal distance with it in and that would be my normal everyday swing without taking anything off of it or trying to swing hard. I usually try to carry it just to the front edge of the green, if I hit just short sometimes it ends up long. Normally if I hit the green it will stop on it, which is why I'm shocked with today's result. I only carry the 3w since it's pretty versatile for me. I do have a gap problem currently from about 225 to 240 but I can either hit the 3i hard or the 3w soft depending. I threw a "new" Cobra Baffler 4h in the bag today but it's about the same carry as my 5i so no help there. It was easy as heck to hit though. First hybrid I've ever liked how it looks at address. I used it on one of my favorite hole ever, #10 at Ashland Golf Club from the championship tees. It played 228 today due to back pin placement. Beautiful hole that I probably average 3.5 on, kicks my butt all the time. Anywho, hit the "new" Cobra from the tee and it was dead on the flag the entire time. Ended up front fringe to a back pin. Ouch.

Somehow, I'm better from the fairway than off the tee with my GBB 3w. Overall, I'm decent with it, as long as I get the clubface shut (just like most anything else).

Hit a small fade with my 3W today about as far as I hit my driver straight. Love my XR 3W.

Off the tee fairly accurate, starts on my desired line on par with hybrids. My distance dispersion with my 3w isn't great of the deck so I take that into consideration on all carry shots into par 5s. Pretty rare I try to carry more than 235 over a penal hazard unless I have a fluffy flier lie.

Every time? No way! Half the time, sure. I'm 50% on my home course long par3.

I'm consistent and confident enough with my 5h that I'll hit it for any shot from 185-205, off the tee or otherwise.

I can't remember the last par 3 I played that was longer than that so I wouldn't ever need anything more. Off the tee I will occasionally hit a 5w on a long par 4 but usually it's either 5h or driver, nothing in between. It would have to be a fairway lie from 220+ and no danger in play for me to risk hitting a fairway wood off the deck.

If I'm in the fairway though, that usually means I hit my distance with my tee shot so I'm not left with more than 200ish for an approach.

I'm not one to go for the green in two on a par 5 in any circumstance outside of a scramble either

Do any of you hit a _ wood accurate enought to drop it on a certain distance green everytime?

I have confidence in my 5W that if I execute properly that I can hit the 200 yd par 3's every time, but in reality I probably only stick the green 1 out of 10 attempts
Then I have a Callaway 7 heavenwood that works excellent on shorter par 3's about 145 yds. I probably stick those greens 60% of the time using my 7W

I love my 3 and 5 fairway woods. I hit a high fade although short compared to maost golfers. Very accurate.

I go for a lot of par 5 greens from 225+ yards out and I'll guess that I hit the green 50-60% of the time.

I am hoping to get within 30-50yds in any directions close to the pin. Every once in awhile i can hit it straight and land on the green but more often than not i am missing.

With a Heavenwood, fairly accurate.

Generally if I am hitting my 4 wood, I have room to miss. So, I would not really say accurate.

No, I usually top or slice it. When I do hit a good one it's a thing of beauty but unfortunately they're too few and far in between. I'll usually grab my 3 iron and get the guaranteed 170 yards,

I am more accurate (distance and direction) with my driver vs my 3 wood. I have no idea why there is such a difference either (other than the driver gets significantly more play than the 3 wood.)

The same guy I witnessed the 7 wood shot with, his friends say he is deadly with his 9 wood.
His 7 wood went 160????? yards.

A friend of mine plays regularly with a guy who only recently bought a set of irons. Before that, he had in his bag 1-9W, wedges, and a putter. Never played with him, but I'm told he was quite competitive with that set.

I've never been any good with fairway woods actually off the fairway. I'm fine from a tee, but just can't hit them well from grass. I don't even have one in my bag right now. Accuracy? As intermittent as any other club.

Yes. Very accurate with the former 2016 M2 15* 3 wood with the 56g stock shaft. I say former because I now play the G400 14.5* 3 wood with the Alta CB 65g regular shaft. It's longer and straighter than the M2, has a great impact sound, great launch and trajectory. Awesome 3 wood. Also replaced the 2016 M2 22* 4 hybrid with the G400 22* 4 hybrid with the Alta CB 70g regular shaft. Again longer, straighter and great impact sound, launch and trajectory.

Heck no! 3 Wood is the single worst club in my bag. I can't figure out the swing for it.

I'd say I'm fairly accurate with my 3 wood both off the tee and off the deck

5 wood is a very close second to my hybo as most confident club in my bag. As far as hitting it a precise distance? Probably not but if there isn't any trouble long I'm not worried about going left or right with it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back