Are you as good as the guys you play with?

Some are same as me and some are better than me. So I would say it is a mixed bag.

I'd say I'm about average. On any given day I couid be better or I could be worse, but for the most part I play with some guys who are better and some guys who are worse on a weekly basis.

My usual Sunday foursome would break down like this: Chris-12-15 shots better, Tim-10-12 shots better, Mark-anywhere from 10 shots better to 10 shots worse depending on the day.

I have a pretty regular group of 3, and I am currently the low cap (about 14), one guy has a cap of 16 and the other is in the process of establishing his handicap which I guess will come out at about 22.

Between me and the 16 he could beat me any give round, think I have only been beaten by my buddy without the cap once when he shot an 85 or so. I like playing with players that are better than me as it is always good to see how they approach each shot but the most important things is playing with people that are fun to be around for 4+ hours.

Depends on the group. In the group that I play the most with, I'm probably 5 or so strokes better than the next guy on average.

I am the low in my group of about 10 guys...however, it doesn't play out that way every time out.
#give'emstrokes!

Very rarely am I the better player in a group if ever. With a good amount of friends that i play with on a regular basis we are all pretty even and matches could either way depending on the day. But when I play with better payer I really enjoy it as I tend to learn from them.

When it comes to the normal couple of guys I get to play with, YES, I am the better of the group. But....at a 16 handicap that is not saying a lot. I would love to get out and play with more different people on a consistant bases. That is one of my goals for 2017, get out and play with more THP'ers in my area.

I was playing the other day with a couple of guys from the men's group I play with. And we are all about the same except for maybe two guys. Some are more consistent than others but I think if you spilt our matches, for the most part it's a draw.

I know I can draw from their games and count on their advise. It got me thinking of others can do the same with their regular group. Are you the best in group, the same as the guys in your group or bring up the rear.

I used to be better than 90% of them.

Now the 90% just feel sorry for me.

But "they know" that I know the game and still ask me about things....... probably to make me feel relevant.

Dunno if I will ever get my game back to a 5-6 handicap, but I will keep chugging along anyways because I love this damned stupid freaking game.

It's funny because I can spot things that are hurting a player immediately, but I can't stop myself from my own swing faults at times.

Very rarely am I the better player in a group if ever. With a good amount of friends that i play with on a regular basis we are all pretty even and matches could either way depending on the day. But when I play with better payer I really enjoy it as I tend to learn from them.

According to handicaps you are better than me :)

But I would have to say on a pretty regular our core group of guys we golf with are all pretty even, any given day we could out shoot the next. I feel like I have learned a lot more from better golfers by just being able to watch them and learn new techniques.

I play with a few different guys.
2 of them are a stroke or 2 better than me, 1 of them is almost a carbon copy of me, and the rest, well....they are the rest.
I enjoy playing with all levels of players.

I joined a new retirees league this year and of the 4-some I'm paired up with , I'm probably the longest driver 75% of the time. Player 2 probably has the better short game. Player three is the best putter in our foursome, and player four is usually a royal P.I.T.A. Sometimes I score lower than the other three players, other times players two or three score lower than me, but player four never scores lower than anyone.

Back