Are you as good as the guys you play with?

I am the worst of my group, my group is all full of scratch golfers. It's actually kinda helped me and helped me focus on and play the course and not the people I'm with.

Handicap wise, I don't know how but I'm the lowest but also the shortest distance wise. Even San Diego native hits it longer than I do and that's just sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my threesome with my buddies I'm directly in the middle. One of my buddies is a 22HDCP, the other is a 9. I'm a 17..that mashup can lead to some fun rounds.

We are about the same. Depends on the day. I've been really struggling with any kind of consistency lately.

I am generally one of the better players in my groups, but I play with a few regularly that are quite a bit better than me. I can learn something from all sorts of players and really enjoy playing with people of all abilities.

There are 11 other guys I play with every sunday.

2 played D1 golf so they are around 0/+1 hcp range
5 are between 2-7 range
Myself and 3 other guys are around 8-10
1 is an 18 who is quickly coming down.

Good group of dudes who all have their strengths. Great to learn from them especially the guys who played college golf...

Some are better, some are worse, some are about the same.

Depends on the group, one group I'm the best, the other the worst. It's a good mix for me.

Depends who I'm playing with. Most of the time I'm just as good as anyone else in my group. However, I have 2 friends that when the 3 of us go out together I am by far the worst player in the group. If I play real well I can stay within 4 or 5 but most of the time they beat me by 10+.

It depends. I'm about the same skill level as some guys from work I play with. I played a few times this year with a couple of people who were just getting started learning. At The Short Game Shoot Out I think I was just good enough to not embarrass myself with the group of guys that were there.

I'll play with anyone that will play with me. I just don't want to get stuck playing with someone who is clearly better than me who hates playing with someone who isn't as good as them.

I'm usually right in the middle with usual playing group. Hoping all the lesson's I've committed to this winter can change that!

It's really hard to be worse than me ... but I lead any foursome in just enjoying the day, and the opportunity to tee it up. In my regular foursome, teeing it up is just our excuse to enjoy the day, and drink a couple of adult beverages ... most days everyone keeps their own score in their head ...

Sometimes

We're all usually equally inconsistent.

With my regular crew I am right in the mix. I used to be the worst by far but over the last few years I have improved and they have stayed the same. I can beat most of my friends on any given day but I'd say they are a little more consistent. Occasionally I get to play with people that are on a different level. Today I played with a friend's coworker that played on the Canadian tour and Nationwide tour back in the day, he plays a different game than I do and it was a lot of fun to watch how he handles a golf course.

It's really hard to be worse than me ... but I lead any foursome in just enjoying the day, and the opportunity to tee it up. In my regular foursome, teeing it up is just our excuse to enjoy the day, and drink a couple of adult beverages ... most days everyone keeps their own score in their head ...
This is my understanding of how the game is played.

Sometimes the same, sometimes worse and in occasion better, the story of my golf life over the last year and a half!

I am the best in my group.

But I honestly wish I wasn't. I tend to play up or down to my competition. So I play better normally with better players.

The guys in my group(s) are all usually within 4 strokes +/- of one another. Most often I score best; sometimes not. I tend to occasionally have a walk away game.... low 70's or 68/69, which other in the group(s) have yet to do.

I enjoy playing with better golfers, but usually its pretty even. Our Sunday group has some of the better golfers at home course.

No...not yet ;)

For the past season, I played with a bunch of random guys in the weekly dogfights at our home course. I was usually a few strokes better than most of them. Most of them are retirees (I'm 36), but they have a LOT of course knowledge and don't make a lot of double bogeys. The past few months I've moved back to the "long hitters" group as most of the retirees call them. On any given day, any of them can shoot under par but the competition is awesome. First few times I played bad most from nerves, but I've adjusted and am right there with most of them on any given day. There's a former mini tour player who shoots 65-68 most of the time he steps up. He gives everyone strokes in the side games. Most none of these guys "practice" that I know of. They just play....a lot

With my regular group, I am the lowest handicap and will 99.9% of the time shoot the best score of the round. There are a couple of others who get together on a semi-regular basis and I am also the best player of these groups as well

Of our annual UK gathering I would say I am around average as there are a number of people with lower handicaps than me but also others with higher handicaps

I have one friend who I get to play with a couple times a year, who plays off 1 and it is a joy to watch him hit his 3w about 30 yards further than I hit my driver......and usually straighter as well. During our last round I watched him demolish a 500yd par 5 to a driver, 4i and a tap-in for an eagle

Next year will be interesting as I will be having my first full year at my new club and am planning to play in the comps so it will be fun to see who I get paired with in the draws

In my regular Saturday group of 12 I'm the lowest cap by a few strokes but I'm far from the most consistent .

Shot a 89 and 69 on the same course we play every week this year.

It's always competitive though and I really like to find consistency playing with them. They will never go super low but they always shoot in the high 70's to low 80's. Hardly ever a really bad round between the regulars .

I have a group of regular buddies I get out and play with from time to time, I'm definitely the best out of the group but I put a lot more into golf than they do. It's usually just a fun social round and we have some drinks, laughs, and just have a great time. A couple of the guys will ask for help sometimes and I help them when I can, I never say anything unless I'm asked first and I'm the first to tell them when I have no idea what they're doing wrong.

Another group is my Saturday/Sunday morning skins game group. I'm generally the 2nd to 4th best player in that group, I can usually walk away from that round with a few bucks in my pocket though.

I also play with another group on Wednesday evening with some really good golfers. There's a couple guys at least that are close to scratch if they're not. I'm probably somewhere in the bottom half of this group skill wise. I always play my best with them and learn a lot but I also give up the money I win in the sat/sun morning group. It's helped me out a bunch through the summer and fall to improve my game. One of the guys is the pro at the course and I usually get to play in the same group as him. He's given me some lessons in the past and give me pointers sometimes when we play also, it's one of the time I'm very appreciative of the help since he knows a lot about my game.

Back