Are you as good as the guys you play with?

It's an even split for me. 2 of the guys I play with regularly are 9-12 handicaps, 2 other guys are 30+ handicaps. I just cracked low 20's myself....

Seriously!?! I teach those clowns how to play...:D

My regular 4-some, we are all the same....we are equally crap.

Depends on who I am playing with; usually in the middle of the pack.

The guys I regularly play with shoot in the upper 70s to mid 80s. My best friend is an 8 handicap and he is one of the reasons that I have really worked on my game this year and finally broke 80.

I'm second or third in my regular foursome. I challenge the best golfer from time to time, but generally hover just a bit behind. My goal next year is to contend for the top spot more regularly.

Outside of that group it's a pretty good mix of better and worse.

More often than not, my playing partners are better than I am. I like it that way - I focus on playing smart, high-quality shots when I'm bringing up the rear...

I am in the same boat, I hang with them until the inevitable blow up hole. I had maybe two rounds all year that I was low man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of the two other guys I play with normally I'd say I end up with the best score more often than not. Both of the other guys can certainly score better than me on any given day. None of us are great but not total hacks either and we love the banter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm generally better than most guys I play with. However, there is one group I'll join occasionally that usually beat me handily, all because I'm lucky to hit 250 and they are all close to 300. Just the different approach clubs make the differenctpe in scores. Club for club only their long irons and driver are better.

I'm generally better than most guys I play with. However, there is one group I'll join occasionally that usually beat me handily, all because I'm lucky to hit 250 and they are all close to 300. Just the different approach clubs make the differenctpe in scores. Club for club only their long irons and driver are better.

I'm not even close and get smoked regularly. I'm a 6 but with the accuracy being about the same the distance difference is just too much to overcome. Really ticks me off.

If I consider just the two guys I play with most often, we're all pretty comparable. In any given day any one of us could beat the other two.

If I extend that to the whole group of people I play with from time to time, I'm not at all as good as most of them. I'm a 30 handicap. Some of the other guys I play with a few times a year are an 18, a 15, and a 10.

For years, I was the best in my group. They can occasionally beat me, but a good strong majority of the time, I shoot a better score. Some of them I'm maybe just a couple strokes better, others, more strokes. However, last year, a new member came in, and he is, without a doubt better than me. However, I think my mental game is a lot better, which is probably why I beat him in the city tournament. It's really fine with me that he's better than me, gives me something to work towards.

~Rock

I play with the same group of guys twice a week. Other than putting ( they're better putters) we are about the same in skill on drives and approach shots. I'm probably the best around the green in chipping, pitching and sand.

My regular group, I'm probably the good guy. I golf with a guy who can golf 85 or 100, so his game can vary alot (depending on how many splifs he smokes during the round, lol). Another Just started golfing last year, so he's a newbie with alot of enthusiasm (I'd say he improved 700% over the year). And the last guy beat me in score 3 times last year, and those instances made his day (probably golfed 60+ rounds with him last summer).
We usually play with handicaps so games are competitive and fun.

Usually about the same, they drive a lot farther and I catch up along the way. Have a better idea how far I hit my clubs.

With the guys I play with out here, I'm usually one of the better players, in most cases.

I can keep up with the guys I play with. But they've been playing alot longer than I have, and I still have much to learn from them.

Our foursome is pretty well matched - on any given day we're all capable of breaking 80, and two of the guys have shot their age a few times (75 and 74).

I don't know ... JohnsInVA & ChristopherKee ... where do I rank in our little golf crew? I tend to hold my own with pretty much anyone to be honest. I may not hit it quite as far as some of the big knockers out there but I make up for it with good iron play & short game.
I equate it to a round I had just this year over the summer on a course I had never seen before, Duke University's Golf Club, that plays at over 7100 yards from the tips. I got paired up with 3 other guys that all play there regularly and every one of them could hit the ball a mile. They outdrove me on a consistent basis but when the day ended, I had the 2nd best score (78 I think) and the other guy only beat me by one shot. Long story short ... I'm as good as the guys I play with (most of the time! HA!)

Im better than most people I play with. Usually I play with coworkers, friends or just randoms who I meet on the course and most of them are just regular people who get out on the weekends and knock the ball around. Some of them are legit gamers but most of them are just regular folks.

I and the guys I play with most often are somewhere in the middle. Then there are some above and below us in terms of ability and scoring.

Yeah I mostly play golf with guys close to my handicap.

Except for jhstew1.... I make him putt two footers. Gotta see it!!

Depends. When I go out as a single, I'm almost always the best player in the group. Though one time I got included with four players from the golf team at a major university. That was a hoot! When I'm at the home course with other players in the men's club there are usually players at my level. Same with most tournaments and other competitions.

We were all beginners at some point, so it's good to give back by showing the ropes to others. At the same time, we can learn from others at or above our level, so it's good to do that too.

Among THPers I'm usually the highest handicap (but I'm making progress - starting to get closer to the pack). With my weekly golf league, I'm in the middle (right at the top of the B flight & bottom of the A flight). The guys I usually play with in the league are still better than me though. So...yeah, I'm usually the worst one in my group. (sigh):disapointed:

Back