Are you ready and/or willing to get on an airplane?

Are you ready/willing to fly again?

• Of course, why wouldn't I get on an airplane?

Votes: 36 38.7%
  • Yes, as long as I have an empty seat next to me and a mask

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Maybe, but I'm going to wait a while longer

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Probably won't fly for the remainder of the year

Votes: 22 23.7%

• Total voters
I'm flying Tuesday to San Diego for a quick 1 day trip to help my daughter move out of her apartment. It will be interesting to see how crowded the airports are.

.....via Southwest Airlines.

Just a quick, "thank you" for choosing SWA. Also, thanks to anyone that is making that choice to fly SWA or really, any carrier for that matter. (y)

Just a quick, "thank you" for choosing SWA. Also, thanks to anyone that is making that choice to fly SWA or really, any carrier for that matter. (y)

I'll be taking Southwest to Tampa in a few weeks.

Im sure you saw my post earlier, but the boarding process on SWA right now is an absolute disaster. Im stuck flying them currently as its the only non-stop to where I am going, but it is such a cluster boarding with the line and them trying to do social distancing.

Imagine a game of duck duck goose, where nobody speaks the same language and all of the participants are cats.

Exactly! We are planning on flying to Reno within the next 2 months.
I don't understand anyone saying they are not fearful of the virus. This has been devastating. Overwhelming hospitals, spreading easily. Please take this seriously.

Im sure you saw my post earlier, but the boarding process on SWA right now is an absolute disaster. Im stuck flying them currently as its the only non-stop to where I am going, but it is such a cluster boarding with the line and them trying to do social distancing.

Imagine a game of duck duck goose, where nobody speaks the same language and all of the participants are cats.

Thanks for the heads up as I primarily fly SWA out of Albany. I take the non-stop to Tampa multiple times.

I don't understand anyone saying they are not fearful of the virus. This has been devastating. Overwhelming hospitals, spreading easily. Please take this seriously.

That depends.
It hasn't impacted all areas, like it has yours.
The overwhelming of hospitals is not taking place anymore (and didn't in a huge amount of the country). Spreading easily is not taking place anymore (according to the CDC), at least any more easily than most viruses.

If someone is under the age of 50 and in good health, according to the Center for Disease Control, it is not dissimilar than the flu.

I could definitely see where that is a hardship to comply with how our normal boarding process is done, yet maintain space between passengers in the boarding area. I've not read through internal ground ops memos about that, but you've got me curious as that's not even something I had thought about.

I could definitely see where that is a hardship to comply with how our normal boarding process is done, yet maintain space between passengers in the boarding area. I've not read through internal ground ops memos about that, but you've got me curious as that's not even something I had thought about.

4 SWA flights now and it has been the weirdest thing ever. As you know, I don't normally like the process anyway, but now it is super uncomfortable as they tell you to line up, then tell you to stay apart, then tell you to line up and it is sooo freaking odd.

If they are going to continue, just call individual numbers and tell people to stay seated until their number is called.

That depends.
It hasn't impacted all areas, like it has yours.
The overwhelming of hospitals is not taking place anymore (and didn't in a huge amount of the country). Spreading easily is not taking place anymore (according to the CDC), at least any more easily than most viruses.

If someone is under the age of 50 and in good health, according to the Center for Disease Control, it is not dissimilar than the flu.
Ok, this is the nonsense that is dangerous. Covid is far more dangerous than the flu. To everyone. And being in a crowded airport and on a plane is much higher risk than in some sparsely populated residential area.

Ok, this is the nonsense that is dangerous. Covid is far more dangerous than the flu. To everyone. And being in a crowded airport and on a plane is much higher risk than in some sparsely populated residential area.

Again, check the dates of the news in those links (2 weeks ago and a month ago). Follow what the Center for Disease Control has put out the last week. News changes daily with this and older articles don't hold a lot of weight. Here is a good CDC one from 3 days ago. And another from them.

There is an entire thread on this forum with updates constantly. Nobody is saying it is the flu, but to throw fear out there in contrast to what the CDC is saying for those under 50 is what is dangerous.

Crowded Airport? Here is the last one I was in that had 6 people on the plane. Which was posted earlier in this thread already (might want to read through it).

0E74A76A-0D9B-4CFA-AD6B-9579807FA213.jpeg

Flew on an airplane from Phoenix to Oakland last week and had no reservations about the issues of doing it.

I'm flying Tuesday to San Diego for a quick 1 day trip to help my daughter move out of her apartment. It will be interesting to see how crowded the airports are.

Save the money and hire some help at movinghelp.com to load and keep me in new golf equipment :)

I'm ready lets go somewhere haha.

I would say I'd prefer for there to be a buffer seat though

Again, check the dates of the news in those links (2 weeks ago and a month ago). Follow what the Center for Disease Control has put out the last week. News changes daily with this and older articles don't hold a lot of weight. Here is a good CDC one from 3 days ago. And another from them.

There is an entire thread on this forum with updates constantly. Nobody is saying it is the flu, but to throw fear out there in contrast to what the CDC is saying for those under 50 is what is dangerous.

Crowded Airport? Here is the last one I was in that had 6 people on the plane. Which was posted earlier in this thread already (might want to read through it).

View attachment 8946122

I think we need a COVID airport picture thread.

Does CA quarantine you after stepping off the plane?

Not ready ... yet to get on a plane.

The article was two weeks ago. Here is one from last week. Nothing has changed that Covid is far worse than the flu.

Again, I am not saying it is the flu.
I said the CDC said that numbers indicate it far similar than previously thought and every data point that exists backs that up. I know living in NY you are getting the worst of what exists, but all across this country, it is not the same. Even your state is opening back up for business, so the doom and gloom and fear mongering that exists doesn't have the data to support it.

If you want to stay inside and not fly or go anywhere at all. Great. You dont have to. That is the best part about the re-opening. If you think it is the plague and far worse, you have the solution.

For real data, here ya go. Under the age of 50 (which is what I said originally) is staggering vs early predictions. One that note, we have a full thread on this virus, so this one should probably go back to being about a simple question regards to flying.

Last edited:

far more dangerous is a spurious claim applied across the entire population.

We have not been overwhelmed where I'm at, in fact we have been 1 of the first counties to open up in CO. There a big number of hospitals that are having to furlough people or let them go due to the over reaction of the media on this. Am I saying this virus is not dangerous, no. What I'm saying is that no matter what precautions are taken when the good Lord decides it's my time to go, then it's my time & by his hand whether it be corona, car wreck, heart attack or old age.

far more dangerous is a spurious claim applied across the entire population.
But a young person can catch it and then spread it to someone over 50. Without knowing, because they just won't take it seriously enough or are just selfishly engaging in risky behavior.

We have not been overwhelmed where I'm at, in fact we have been 1 of the first counties to open up in CO. There a big number of hospitals that are having to furlough people or let them go due to the over reaction of the media on this. Am I saying this virus is not dangerous, no. What I'm saying is that no matter what precautions are taken when the good Lord decides it's my time to go, then it's my time & by his hand whether it be corona, car wreck, heart attack or old age.
So just chalk it up to the supernatural. That's not really a responsible strategy to make sure others at risk don't catch it.

But a young person can catch it and then spread it to someone over 50. Without knowing, because they just won't take it seriously enough or are just selfishly engaging in risky behavior.

Except that new reports being published for peer review are showing children are not spreaders and asymptomatic carriers shed far less than previously believed.

Back